/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Sajdah (Prostration) of Shukr (Gratitude): A forgotten Sunnah

Khalid Saifullah
02-28-2016, 10:29 PM
The Sajdah of Shukr is performed at any time of the day or night in order to thank Allah Ta'ala for any bounty He has bestowed upon you, if harm or a calamity was averted from you, or if you were successful in any task.

It may be performed upon successful completion of a task, returning safely from a journey, obtaining cure from a disease , defeating the enemy on the battleground, or for being blessed with pious offspring.

This SAJDAH is like a treasure in this world and the ākhira. Most of us don't practice on it, and thus miss these benefits since we don't know it's worth.

When we do Sajdatul Shukr, Allah opens the hijaab (barrier) between us and the Angels. Allah says to the Angels.... look at my slave, he did his fardh and obeyed My teachings and he did Sujud to thank Me for what I've blessed him with. Oh My Angels what should he get?

The Angels reply.... Ya Rabana give him Your mercy.
Then Allah asks again.... and what else?

The Angels reply ....Ya Rabana give him Your heaven.
Then Allah will ask again, and what else? The Angels reply ....., Ya Rabana make his worries come to an end.

Then Allah Taala will ask what else? Everytime Allah asks and what else, the Angels reply with something good.
Lastly the Angels reply, Ya Rabana we have no knowledge.

Then Allah will say, ' I'll thank him the way he thanked Me, I'll give him My favour and show him My mercy'.

ALLAH U AKBAR!

Is it difficult to perform Sajdatul Shukr everyday? It's just a sajda and not a salaat. It takes less than a minute.

WE awake daily with faith in our hearts, health in our body, food in our homes and safety in our streets. We have clothing in our cupboards, a supportive family and friend structure and a stable income. We have millions of other blessings which we can't even count. What are we doing to thank Allaah for all these bounties?

Whenever you are blessed with any good or any harm being removed, you can do it:
# with or without wudu';
# facing the qibla or not.

However, it's best to perform it with wudu' and facing towards the qibla. Simply go down into SAJDAH from a standing position and pour your heart out in gratitude.

During Sajdatul Shukr, say what you say in the prostration during salat. You could also make other zikr and speak to Allah Ta'ala from your heart.

Do not let this chance of obtaining great rewards pass you. A person who revives a forgotten SUNNAH gets the reward of a 100 martyres.

Please DO speak about this forgotten sunnah to family and friends and make it a COMMON PRACTICE.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
02-28-2016, 10:59 PM
:jz:

The Neglected Sunnah.

May Allah :swt: allow us to practise it in times of Gratitude. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.