/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Brain Damaging Habits

strivingobserver98
02-29-2016, 09:53 PM
According to world health organization following are such habits that will damage your brain severely:

1. No Breakfast – People who do not take breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level. This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.

2. Overreacting – It causes hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.

3. Smoking – It causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease.

4. High Sugar consumption – Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.

5. Air Pollution – The brain is the largest oxygen consumer in our body. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.

6. Sleep Deprivation – Sleep allows our brain to rest. Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells.

7. Head covered while sleeping – Sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.

8. Working your brain during illness – Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain.

9. Lacking in stimulating thoughts – Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage.

10. Talking Rarely – Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain.

Source: http://medicalopedia.org/295/top-10-brain-damaging-habits/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
03-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Asalamualykum,

Try advocating point number 8 to employers. :D

Accept my sick note otherwise you run the risk of destroying my brain which will lead to poor performance. :D

LaSorcia
03-02-2016, 10:31 PM
You missed an important one: having children!

M.I.A.
03-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Boxing should be top of that list I think.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The-Deist
03-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Thought Alcohol would make it.

strivingobserver98
03-02-2016, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Boxing should be top of that list I think.
Boxing isn't really a habit, well can be for some :hiding:.

But your right it is brain damaging.

Read this subhan Allah:

Research has long shown that head trauma— something no boxer cannot avoid over the years—puts one at risk for permanent brain damage. Brain cells generally cannot repair themselves (as can cells elsewhere in the body), so damaged neurons stay damaged.
www.livescience.com/1519-boxing-brain-damage.html

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet :saws: said, “When any one of you fights, let him avoid (striking) the face.” [Sahih al-Bukhari]

M.I.A.
03-02-2016, 11:17 PM
I flunked psychoneuropharmacology three times, I'm an expert on the subject :p

Although I'd rather forget.. Badum dissh.

kmjamal
03-03-2016, 08:41 PM
The first one i read and i was shocked because mostly people do not have there breakfast. I think even eating too much of raw onion effects the memory.

hisnameiszzz
03-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Please go and tell our beastly neighbours about point number 6. They are still depriving us of sleep. Evil nasty vindictive people!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.