/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Purpose of Islamic Theology

strivingobserver98
03-01-2016, 03:25 AM
:sl:

Subhan Allah. Imagine if all Muslims thought like this:

There was a time in my life where I viewed advanced and abstract theological issues as being of primary importance in the life of a Muslim. At that stage, I would have no qualms categorizing other Muslims as being 'misguided' simply because they might have understood a theological point differently than I did.

As I gained more knowledge and experience, I came to realize that what is truly important in the life of a Muslim is not the memorization of an abstract creed, but rather the down-to-earth, raw, genuine love and fear of Allah in the heart of a Muslim (or, to be more precise, the Quranic terms of iman and taqwa).

What is important is not what a Muslim is taught by a mainstream school of theology, or even the sect that he/she is brought up in. What counts in the eyes of Allah is how much you truly believe in Him, and how much you demonstrate that belief in worshipping Him and obeying His laws, especially with His creation.

There are righteous servants of Allah in ALL mainstream historical Islamic sects, and yes, while it is true that some sects have less 'problems' than others, again, in the end its not adherence to that sect as much as it is allegiance to Allah and His Messenger that's important.

Initially, theological creeds were meant to defend Islam and to protect the heart of a Muslim against ideas that might be detrimental to them. However, over time, most sects have now taken their man-made and historically developed creeds as being the ultimate criterion of dividing fellow Muslims. In the process, these creeds have then caused arrogance, division and contempt to grow in the hearts of people, rather than humility, unity and compassion.

That was never the purpose of Islamic theology. Love Allah, and look upon fellow believers with the eye of compassion and mercy, and wish to benefit and guide all of mankind. This is the message of all the prophets, and the essence of true theology.
- Yasir Qadhi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Adam19
03-01-2016, 03:27 AM
I don't completely understand but that's nice bro

strivingobserver98
03-01-2016, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Adam19
I don't completely understand but that's nice bro
To summarize it altogether read the last part :).

Love Allah, and look upon fellow believers with the eye of compassion and mercy, and wish to benefit and guide all of mankind. This is the message of all the prophets, and the essence of true theology.

Adam19
03-01-2016, 04:46 AM
Cool I get it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
03-01-2016, 08:18 AM
''However, over time, most sects have now taken their man-made and historically developed creeds as being the ultimate criterion of dividing fellow Muslims.''............If here he innuendos to disparrage 4 madhab then he's spitting venom enveloped with sweet words.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.