/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Feeling depressed?

Maryam Gold
03-01-2016, 10:26 AM
The best remedy for depression is helping others through volunteering / working for a charity and understanding there are people out there in this world in a worse situation than you are in. Remember your blessings and always say Alhamdulilah, keep on going and never give up.
No medicine can fill the void of sadness greater than Allah swt can.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
03-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Very true

Eric H
03-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Maryam Gold; and thanks for sharing,

The best remedy for depression is helping others through volunteering
I have to agree fully with you, I believe that I was unfairly sacked at the age of 62. But due to the voluntary work I did, I found a job the next day. And Just to stop feeling angry with the company that gave me the sack, I have probably done over a thousand hours voluntary work for them since, I shall be going back on Friday and doing another five hours.

I don't understand life at all, but a few months after getting the sack, another branch of the same company approached me, and asked me to come and work for them. So I have now been working four and a half years with the company that sacked me, it all seems mad.

In the spirit of feeling confused,

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.