/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is true happiness?

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 02:01 PM
As the title says

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
03-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Greetings and peace be with you StrivingforDeen;

Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the further it flies away. I think the secret of happiness, is trying to make others happy, I think this leads us more to our creator. I am not sure that you can be selfish and happy too.

In the spirit of striving to do the will of God,

Eric

Serinity
03-01-2016, 03:24 PM
When you strive to please none but Allah, and you don't chase the happiness. You do good for Allah's sake, and happiness will come to you.

Remember, Allah is the giver and withholder. So obey Allah, and happiness wil come, in shaa' Allah.

Darkness in the heart brings sadness and sorrow etc.. Laziness, etc. While light brings happiness etc.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.

And Allah knows best.

greenhill
03-01-2016, 04:10 PM
I guess you are searching. . . Yourself unsure. . . I see those questions of youth. Everything hard and fast. Approaching half century has made me realise that life owes nobody nothing. You reap what you sow in due course.

What is love? What is happiness? What is success? What is rich? . .and on and on are all about self. Putting ourselves first. And we put great value on this mirage we ourselves only assume to know but really know not what it is we are asking.

I have accepted the fact that Allah knows Best! I don't need any more proof. He Says paradise is the place where we will find true happiness. Life on earth is a test. Unless you are a kind of sadist, you will like the test. And we face all kinds of tests of different scale, depth, duration blah blah, so how can we find true happiness?

For me, ultimately, it is to find the inner balance, the inner peace, to be able to be guided.

Finding true happiness in relation to the dunya is an illusion. Find faith, that gives you peace. It gives infinity, it promises retribution.

I suppose my true happiness comes from my belief of the deen. Means I'm still in with a chance.

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snow
03-01-2016, 06:45 PM
I think it is a state of mind where you decide to be content, regardless of things from the outside.
it is a choice, definitely.

sister herb
03-01-2016, 07:21 PM
I think that true happiness are those short moments when we look around, see the beauty of the world and life and understand that our life and happiness are right now in this moment. Inner peace and inner balance as well comparing happiness like chasing the butterfly were good explanations too.

Be patient, then the butterfly of happiness comes to you. ;)

Serinity
03-01-2016, 08:49 PM
I just realised... WE ARE SOOOOOOO BLIND.. Look around us.. So many signs. The sky, the planes, ourselves... the trees.. etc.. all the food.. We have almost become desensitised to all our blessings!

I think, that when you realise your TRUE state, and what you really are. When you get out of this illusion of dunya and stuff.. SO many people are blinded by this life, and its glitters.. But most importantly, don't have the "ahhhhhh.. WOHHHHHHHH..." surprise feeling..

In school, the coolest kid is the one who never cries, gets embarrassed, etc. But those are basic emotions, if you leave out crying, embarrassment, etc. Then you lose your humanity. To cry is normal, it means you are human, you value something. Embarassment, means that you have dignity.

So all in all. Be yourself, don't care what others think. BE yourself, be true to yourself, and to God. Only then can you find yourself disillusioned, and able to go on the straight path.

Don't think on "what ifs" or "I wish I was like that" but rather FOCUS on "what IS" and work from there. For "what ifs" or "buts" etc. won't get you anywhere. You are alive, no time to waste on what ifs, and pointless stuff.

Cut to the chase and put yourself in gear. Who put me here, WHY am I here, etc. ASK. People will criticise you, call you mad. Don't care, move on. Don't settle for less, rather work.

We got a brain, use it to find truth. God gave us all these blessings, and soo many are wasting those blessings on vain desires and hopes.. Why, who, where, how, etc. THose are all just simple life questions, yet people try to ignore them, via. alcohol etc.

Why do famous people commit suicide? Why are celebrities on drugs? Why? They have the MONEY! but.. Most importantly, they are missing something in their heart, and if you try to fill it with dunya, it will just become wider.. THat place in your heart, can only be fulfilled by God.

Famous people were called 'crazy' 'mad' 'unintelligent'. Guess what, the one who searches for truth, and ASKS, is the intelligent one. Don't stop asking.
And Allah knows best.

Adam19
03-01-2016, 11:24 PM
its when you feel good see good and think good

azc
03-02-2016, 06:00 AM
If someone desperately needs your help and his tongue is silent though but his eyes are begging and crying for help. Feeling his agony You go to help him with money and none sees you helping him. you'll see that his tearful eyes are saying to you ''Thanks a lot''. And then you will feel a divine happiness in your heart which you can't buy in market.

Eric H
03-02-2016, 07:04 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

I think happiness comes from all the things that we can thank God for. I met a homeless man, he carried all his possessions in a bag, he said every night when he finds somewhere to sleep, he thanks God for all the good things of the day, shelter, food, people he has met, somewhere to wash.

I met a homeless man about three years ago, he said, he has no worries, God loves him. I saw him again last Friday, he came to our prayer breakfast.

I met a homeless lady at midnight, on New Years Eve, we brought her some food and drink, and she asked if she could pray for us. As she prayed, fireworks went off, to mark the New Year.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

Finding Peace
03-02-2016, 07:18 AM
As salaam Eric,

That's beautiful. The people with the least of things are always the best of people. May they be granted Jannah and you also for helping and feeding them. God will surely be proud of you. ☺

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you all,

I think happiness comes from all the things that we can thank God for. I met a homeless man, he carried all his possessions in a bag, he said every night when he finds somewhere to sleep, he thanks God for all the good things of the day, shelter, food, people he has met, somewhere to wash.

I met a homeless man about three years ago, he said, he has no worries, God loves him. I saw him again last Friday, he came to our prayer breakfast.

I met a homeless lady at midnight, on New Years Eve, we brought her some food and drink, and she asked if she could pray for us. As she prayed, fireworks went off, to mark the New Year.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

eesa the kiwi
03-02-2016, 07:29 AM
islam
nuff said

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 08:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
islam
nuff said
What makes you happy in it?

pricklypear
03-02-2016, 11:11 AM
It is submitting to Allah. Acknowledging His power and your powerlessnes. Not just in your heart but through your actions and choices.

When you turn over self-will to Him, and realise that your span of control is only over whether you choose to trust Him and abide by His commandements and prohibitions at any given moment, or if you prefer to rely on your limited capacity. When you do that your freed from the burdens and worries of life, because you realise that if you fulfil what is in your capacity, He will take care of what is not in your capacity.

'and I have not created Jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me'. (51:56). Things only operate at their best when they are fulfilling the purpose they were created for.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.