/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The history of the messengers: Abraham

islamkingdom
03-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Prophet Abraham was indeed a monotheistic prophet and this was manifested in all his conduct. Allah, therefore, says the following when describing him:{Verily, Ibrâhim (Abraham) was an Ummah (a leader having all the good righteous qualities), or a nation, obedient to Allah, Hanifa (i.e. to worship none but Allâh), and he was not one of those who were Al-Mushrikûn (polytheists, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh, and those who joined partners with Allâh).}
(An-Nahl:120)He (pbuh) grew up among polytheists. Even his father was one of the idolaters, and carved and served the idols. Abraham argued with his father and people:{And (remember) when Ibrâhim (Abraham) said to his father Azar: “Do you take idols as âlihâ (gods)? Verily, I see you and your people in manifest error.”}
(Al-An’âm:74)With compelling arguments he firmly rejected their polytheistic ways. He looked at Allah’s ever so apparent signs.{“When the night covered him over with darkness he saw a star. He said: “This is my lord.” But when it set,”}
(Al-An’âm:76)That is: he saw how it set.{76. he said: “I like not those that set.” 77. When he saw the moon rising up,}
(Al-An’âm:76-77)That is: appearing in the horizon, and he saw that some people worshipped it. he said:{“This is my lord.”}
(Al-An’âm:77)Condemning their actions, astonished by their worship!! Taking the opportunity, he said:{But when it set}
(Al-An’âm:77)That is: disappeared below the horizon. He went to the people and said:{77. He said: “Unless my Lord guides me, I shall surely be among the erring people.”78. When he saw the sun rising up}
(Al-An’âm:77-78)He saw how the people were worshipping it. He said:{“This is my lord. This is greater.”}
(Al-An’âm:78)Condemning their actions!! Astonished at how they made a god out of the sun?!{But when it set}
(Al-An’âm:78)and subsequently disappeared from sight. He went to those who were worshipping it and said to them:{78. O my people! I am indeed free from all that you join as partners in worship with Allâh. 79. Verily, I have turned my face towards Him Who has created the heavens and the earth Hanifa (Islâmic Monotheism, i.e. worshipping none but Allâh Alone) and I am not of Al-Mushrikûn (see V.2:105)”.}
(Al-An’âm:78-79)
source: islamkingdom

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.