/* */

PDA

View Full Version : An international patent for Quranic eye drops!

Khalid Saifullah
03-04-2016, 01:24 AM
The miracle of the Qur’an……Subhanallaah!

Inspired by the shirt of Yusuf Alayhis salaam, an Egyptian Muslim scientist, unprecedently, managed to manufacture an eye drop to treat cataract.

One of the Swiss pharmaceutical companies has started producing a new medicine called “Medicine of Qur'ân” which allows the treatment of cataract without surgery. As the newspaper Ar-Raya, published in Qatar writes, “this drug which was synthesised by an Egyptian doctor Abdul Basit Muhammad from the secretions of human sweat glands & has an effectiveness of 99 % with absolutely no side effects, was registered in Europe & the United States. It is also reported that one of the Swiss companies produces the new drug in the form of liquid & eye drops.

The source of inspiration is Surah Yusuf. Dr Abdul Basit Muhammad emphasised that he obtained his inspiration from Surah Yusuf & said:
“ Once in the morning, I was reading Surah Yusuf. My attention lingered over the 84th & successive ayats (verses). They tell that Prophet Yakub who was mourning his son Yusuf (peace be upon them) in sadness & grief got his eyes turned white & later when people cast over the sorrowful father’s face, the shirt of his son Yusuf, vision returned to him & he was able to see again. Here I started pondering. What could be there in the shirt of Yusuf Alayhis salaam?

Finally I arrived at the decision that nothing except sweat could be on it. I concentrated my thoughts over the sweat & its composition. Then I proceeded to the laboratory for research.

I carried out a series of experiments on rabbits. The results turned out to be positive. Later I performed treatment on 250 patients by administering the drug twice a day for 2 weeks.

Finally I achieved 99 % success & said to myself: “ This is the miracle of the Qur'ân” Dr Abdul Basit Muhammad presented the results of his research to institutions in Europe & United States dealing with patenting of new discoveries.

After tests & research were performed, he finalised a contract with a Swiss company on the production of the medicine on the condition that the package should clearly mention-“Medicine of Qur'ân.”

Allah the Almighty said;
“And We send down, of the Qur'an, that which is a healing & a mercy to the believers.”
(Surah al Isra: 82)

Courtesy: IslamicMedicine

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
03-04-2016, 04:24 AM
:bism:

:sl:

AllahuAkbar!

:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
The miracle of the Qur’an……Subhanallaah!

Inspired by the shirt of Yusuf Alayhis salaam, an Egyptian Muslim scientist, unprecedently, managed to manufacture an eye drop to treat cataract.

One of the Swiss pharmaceutical companies has started producing a new medicine called “Medicine of Qur'ân” which allows the treatment of cataract without surgery. As the newspaper Ar-Raya, published in Qatar writes, “this drug which was synthesised by an Egyptian doctor Abdul Basit Muhammad from the secretions of human sweat glands & has an effectiveness of 99 % with absolutely no side effects, was registered in Europe & the United States. It is also reported that one of the Swiss companies produces the new drug in the form of liquid & eye drops.

The source of inspiration is Surah Yusuf. Dr Abdul Basit Muhammad emphasised that he obtained his inspiration from Surah Yusuf & said:
“ Once in the morning, I was reading Surah Yusuf. My attention lingered over the 84th & successive ayats (verses). They tell that Prophet Yakub who was mourning his son Yusuf (peace be upon them) in sadness & grief got his eyes turned white & later when people cast over the sorrowful father’s face, the shirt of his son Yusuf, vision returned to him & he was able to see again. Here I started pondering. What could be there in the shirt of Yusuf Alayhis salaam?

Finally I arrived at the decision that nothing except sweat could be on it. I concentrated my thoughts over the sweat & its composition. Then I proceeded to the laboratory for research.

I carried out a series of experiments on rabbits. The results turned out to be positive. Later I performed treatment on 250 patients by administering the drug twice a day for 2 weeks.

Finally I achieved 99 % success & said to myself: “ This is the miracle of the Qur'ân” Dr Abdul Basit Muhammad presented the results of his research to institutions in Europe & United States dealing with patenting of new discoveries.

After tests & research were performed, he finalised a contract with a Swiss company on the production of the medicine on the condition that the package should clearly mention-“Medicine of Qur'ân.”

Allah the Almighty said;
“And We send down, of the Qur'an, that which is a healing & a mercy to the believers.”
(Surah al Isra: 82)

Courtesy: IslamicMedicine

Serinity
03-04-2016, 09:28 AM
I really want to witness first hand the cure of the Quran, spiritually, mentally, and physically..

hisnameiszzz
03-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Oh my. Where do we get this from? Dear Mother has cataracts but won't have it treated.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
03-04-2016, 12:32 PM
I've been wondering about a verse on eyesight over the past few weeks and was wondering if iron in the deep tube well water can harm the eysight, anyone know of the effects?

Edit:
Here's some stuff i got from googling:

Siderosis bulbi is caused by retention and oxidation of an iron-containing intraocular foreign body. Clinical features include cataract, rust-colored anterior subcapsular deposits, iris heterochromia (affected side is darker), pupillary mydriasis, and depressed electroretinogram (ERG) amplitudes. Other potential sequelae include pigmentary retinopathy, retinal microangiopathy, and open-angle glaucoma. If the cataract and foreign body are removed and there is no macular trauma, the visual prognosis is excellent.

---------------

Iron Deficiency and Eye Problems
10-Feb-2008, 12:39
Dear Dr. Lange,
Thank you for adding your expertise to the doctors' forums here at the DEZ!
In December of 2006 I had "significant anemia." After taking iron supplements for three months, I knew that my anemia must have been present for at least two years. My vision was sort of "dim," and I had lots of other things that were gradually going wrong that improved after taking the supplements.Recurrent corneal erosions, due to ebmd, began about five months after the anemia was diagnosed. My question is, as I am still likely still recovering from many effects of that, what should I do nutritionally for my eyes to help them to recover?

our tanks get filled with kilos of iron every few months so i'm wondering about it's effects on eyesight.
amazing how the Quran has it's clear meaning, but contains subtle hints about other phenomena to research and inquire.

Chapter Name:Qaf Verse 22
لَقَدْ كُنتَ فِي غَفْلَةٍ مِّنْ هَذَا فَكَشَفْنَا عَنكَ غِطَاءكَ فَبَصَرُكَ الْيَوْمَ حَدِيدٌ {22*

{22*050Khan: (It will be said to the sinners): "Indeed you were heedless of this, now We have removed your covering, and sharp is your sight this Day!"
050:022*Maulana:Thou wast indeed heedless of this, but now We have removed from thee thy veil, so thy sight is sharp this day.
050:022*Pickthal: (And unto the evil-doer it is said): Thou wast in heedlessness of this. Now We have removed from thee thy covering, and piercing is thy sight this day.
050:022*Rashad:You used to be oblivious to this. We now remove your veil; today, your vision is (as strong as) steel.
050:022*Sarwar: (He will be told), "You were completely heedless of this day. We have removed the veil from your eyes and your vision will now be sharp and strong".
050:022*Shakir:Certainly you were heedless of it, but now We have removed from you your veil, so your sight today is sharp.
050:022*Sherali:Then WE shall say, 'Thou wast heedless of this; now WE have removed from thee thy veil, and keen is thy sight this day.'

A literal translation would be something like:
You were in heedlessness of this, now we have removed from you your covering, so your sight this day is iron.

Insaanah
03-04-2016, 04:41 PM
This story was also posted on the forum back in 2005, here: http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ine-quran.html

One sister has made a pertinent comment:

format_quote Originally Posted by Sister Hoda
Subhan'Allah this is wonderful. My husband first told me about this last night after receiving an email about it. I came online to try to find more information. Unfortunately I have not been able to find anything except the very same information word for word all over the Islamic sites. I have been unable to locate any medical journals or medical websites that discuss this in any way. It is important that we ask for more evidence. I do not doubt that it is true, but I have non-Muslim parents and family who will not believe this based purely on one story reprinted again and again. Which pharmaceutical company? Why are there no other pieces of information? What is the date of the newspaper in which this was printed and is there some contact info available so we could get a copy of the article from the newspaper that printed it? Why are people so unwilling to request additional evidence? Do they fear people will label them skeptics or lacking in faith? I am so proud to be Muslim and my faith in Allah (SWT) is strong! But at the same time, I have read of other stories that were equally amazing/miraculous which turned out to be urban legends only serving to make the Muslims look gullible and foolish to non-Muslims. Some stories get online and spread like wildfire before anyone bothers to verify their truth. Please if anyone can provide me with more substantial information about this subject I would be most grateful. May Allah Reward you with the Best of Rewards!
I too have tried to find out more, but there seems to be nothing other than the same copy paste story, or this from the site linked above:

What healing could be there in the shirt of the Prophet, Yousof ?
After meditation, the Egyptian Moslem scientist, Dr. Abdul Basit Sayed Mohammed, did not find except sweat. He began to search the components of sweat. He immersed lenses extracted from traditional surgeries of cataract in the sweat. He found out that a state of gradual transparency is established in these opaque lenses.
The second question was: are all sweat components effective in such a case or is it only one of its components? He later realized that one of its main components was the urea (Goandin), and which could be chemically prepared.
Results of investigations on 250 volunteers revealed removal of cataract and restoration of sight for more than 90%.
So, inspired by the Surat of Yousof, the Moslem scientist Dr. Abdul Basit Sayed Mohammed of the National Centre of Researches in Egypt was able to manufacture an eye drop to treat the cataract, and obtained two international patents: The European International Patent in 1991, and the American Patent in 1993.
Allah the Almighty said; “And We send down, of the Quran, that which is a healing and a mercy to the believers.” (Israa/82).
http://www.islamicmedicine.org/medmi...iracleseng.htm

What happened with Ya'qoob alayhissalaam could simply have been a miracle of Allah, or just through the will of Allah.

There does not seem to be anything in a medical source, and there doesn't seem to be a reference for the above study with 250 patients in a medical journal, nor a commercially available preparation.

If anyone does have further information, that would be appreciated.

Abz2000
03-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Oh yeah lol, it's easy to find a patent on google's archive along with full details. The only thing i found was the same story. Blush.

Edit:

Oops, found the patent (double blush):

Publication number US5227382 A
Publication type: Grant
Application number US 07/804,667
Publication date: Jul 13, 1993
Filing date: Dec 10, 1991
Priority date Dec 10, 1990
Fee status Lapsed
Also published as DE69027328D1,*EP0489991A1,*EP0489991B1

Inventors Abdel B. M. S. A. Aziz,*Esmat S. Mohamed

Original AssigneeBio-Physio Pharmaceutical Research & Development Company Ltd.
Export Citation BiBTeX,*EndNote,*RefMan
Patent Citations*(1),*Non-Patent Citations*(6),*Referenced by*(2),*Classifications*(6),Legal Events*(5)External Links:*USPTO,*USPTO Assignment,*Espacenet

Pharmaceuticals*US 5227382 AABSTRACTCompounds of the formula: ##STR1## wherein X is H or halogen or a NO2, C1*-C6*alkyl or alkoxy group, are useful to treat cataract of the eye. The compounds are prepared by ring closure of the compound of formula: ##STR2##

....... The compound II can be prepared by reacting the compound of formula: ##STR5## with urea, preferably in glacial acetic acid solution............

http://www.google.com/patents/US5227382

Although it is highly unlikely that Ya'qub (as)'s eyes were fixed from a sweaty shirt that would have had to have been soaked and dripping, it would still be quite an inspiration for the man to imagine such a scenario and work off it.
note. a patent doesn't necessarily prove success, it is just to safe-guard one's research efforts and/or business model from being plagiarized by other businesses.
many patents are left dormant and expire, some people even make patents just to sell in the near future "in case it might work" and someone might want it. A bit like those who buy phone numbers and license plates.

Some production, lab tests and testimony would go a long way.

arshad77eadd
01-04-2018, 12:49 PM
sir my mother has contract in her eyes and doctor is saying to get operated and they will put lens later the operation will cost please guide me what to do

Sana Mariam
06-05-2021, 06:10 PM
Salaam alaykum , i really want try this medicine for my father

Sana Mariam
06-05-2021, 06:12 PM
Salaam alaykum , i really want to try this medicine for my father

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.