View Full Version : Profound Quotes by Sheikh Ahmed Deedat

strivingobserver98
03-06-2016, 01:47 AM
:sl:

Share any you find here :).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
03-06-2016, 01:56 AM
"Someone said: Women are the cause of problems in the world, yes I agree because she suffered 9 months to bring a fool like you in life to say that women are the reason for problems..." - Ahmad Deedat

"Islam will win with or without you, but without Islam you will get lost and lose." - Ahmed Deedat

"Language is the key to the heart of people." - Ahmed Deedat

"The biggest enemy of Islam is the ignorant muslim, whose ignorance leads him to intolerance, whose actions destroy the true image of Islam, and when the people look at him they think Islam is what he is." - Ahmed Deedat

Sister101
03-06-2016, 02:27 AM
Huge fan of Ahmed Deedat. Now I feel like watching some of his debate videos on Youtube.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Wa alaikum salam

Awesome, awesome Sheikh Ahmed Deedat, he's just so amazing no words to describe!

May Allah elevate his ranks a thousand times, forgive all his sins, and continually reward him.

And may his words of wisdom flourish throughout the world, ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
03-06-2016, 06:45 PM
In Karachi in the 1950s, living in Pakistan, Katcheri Road, 2nd floor, I get a knock at the door early in the morning.

I open the door and a Caucasian, a white man, says, “Good morning.”

I say, “Good morning, what can I do for you?”

The man says, “Look, I've got some literature for you.”

I said, come inside. He comes in. Sits down. I say, “Where do you come from?”

He says, “I come from England.”

A few days later, another knock at the door. I open the door and another white man. This is right in the centre of Karachi. I say, “What can I do for you?” “I've some literature for you.” “Where do you come from?” “America”.

This guy's coming from 6000 miles, that guy's coming from 10,000 miles to preach to me in my country. I want to know what am I doing? Nothing. Nothing. It is an obligation of the Musalman to deliver the message long before salah, zakah and Hajj became fard. Allah tells his prophets and through him, he's telling us, “You deliver the message because it is your duty.”

- Ahmed Deedat

strivingobserver98
03-06-2016, 06:48 PM
Ahmed Deedats Message to Christian apologists & missionaries in 1958

“We genuinely appreciate your motives and concern for those of our faith…It is not our intention to quarrel or upset those that have views that are divergent to ours. On the contrary we feel that both Christians and Muslims can learn a great deal from each other. The only way this is possible is by direct contact. We wish to extend to you, in all good faith, an invitation to address us on our views. We also would appreciate an invitation from you at a venue and time suitable to yourselves when we too, can in a friendly and charitable manner put forward what we consider are facts with which no reasonable Christian would find fault.”

strivingobserver98
03-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Muslims failed to benefit from it because of the way they approached it:

"Go back to the Qur’an. Allah gives you directions on how to do the job. He says in the Holy Qur’an invite all to the ways of thy Lord with wisdom and reason with them in the ways that are most gracious and maybe they will find that wisdom. That’s one of the titles of the Qur’an - the Book of Wisdom, from Al-Haqim, the All-Wise. He is giving you example after example but the Muslim is not reading the book. They rattle it off, they memorize it, they recite it beautifully, they put people into ecstasy when they recite it, but what are we reading? Is it the sound, the music, sawab, that we are reading for?"

- Ahmed Deedat

strivingobserver98
03-08-2016, 05:32 PM
What language are you speaking?

strivingobserver98
03-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Ameen :cry:.

Ahmed Deedat, in his last days, had most of his body parts paralyzed . He could barely move, and couldn't speak at all. He couldn't eat with his mouth. A tube was attached directly to his stomach which provided necessary nutrients in liquid from. His own wife was the one who changed the tube and she was the one who took care of him till he was no more. Subhan'Allah! May Allah grant her Jannah too. Ameen. He had visitors from around the world almost everyday. Some people even came to let him know that they've become Muslims, but he couldn't but stare at them.

Although Sir Deedat was head to toe paralyzed, he was able to hear and understand things. Even in such condition of health, he kept his Eeman so high mash'Allah. He didn't ever give up on preaching the Truth. I read in an article written in the year 2004, from a website called islamic voice.com,

"When we arrived at Sheikh Ahmed Deedat's house, we were received and welcomed by Mr Yusuf Deedat and his mother who then took us to Sheikh Ahmed's room. When I saw him I broke into tears, to see Shaikh Ahmed Deedat, one of the greatest scholars of comparative religion lying down on his bed and still keeping his Iman strong accepting what is given to him by Allah and still continues his debate with some Christian priests. It is a big lesson to all of us..."

People would come to him and recite poems or tell him how much they loved him. Dr. Zakir Naik would watch video lectures on TV sitting beside this Muslim Legend. Subahn'Allah this old man had places in so many people's hearts. And undoubtedly we all make sincere dua to Allah (SWT), even today for Ahmed Deedat so that he gets the highest of Jannah. Ameen.

Source

Kiro
03-20-2016, 07:20 PM
bump

strivingobserver98
03-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Muslims busy expending their energies on trivial matters

“We've got so much energy that we don't know how to use it. So what we are doing now? We are using this energy to bash each other – busy, busy, busy, you know, about your beard, that it is not the standard fist size, you are wearing mushrik clothes, busy, busy, busy, in such petty matters…. What I say is, look, the important things in life you must identify: Who are the people there to subvert you, who are out to steal your children, and so on instead of worrying about the beard or the moustache, whether it should be shaved or trimmed. What is this luxury that we are enjoying? We can't afford this luxury because these are things going on that are going to destroy us, that are going to break us up...”

- Ahmed Deedat

strivingobserver98
03-20-2016, 08:16 PM
The Hereafter

Umm Abed
03-20-2016, 08:24 PM
May Allah swt bless this noble personality.. such profound words of wisdom from Sheikh Deedat.:ma:may Allah :swt: make his qabr from the gardens of Jannah ameen.

strivingobserver98
03-22-2016, 09:02 PM
Ameen.

saif-uddin
03-23-2016, 07:49 AM
Swagart the dirty Evangelical preacher who was caught with a prostitute tried to get him to convert to Christianity,

But Sheikh Deedat never accepted the invitation to Kufr,

سبحان الله

saif-uddin
03-23-2016, 07:49 AM
آمين يا رب العالمين

strivingobserver98
03-25-2016, 11:48 PM

strivingobserver98
04-06-2016, 11:17 PM
"I have sometimes orthodox Christians coming along. There was one young man who was a Roman Catholic. I said, look, I’d like to present you with this Qur’an. He jerked back as if I was offering some fire [for him] to hold on to. He said no, he can’t have that. I said, look, read it man, and see. It took me a long time to persuade him to take the book and after reading it he was a changed man. He didn’t expect what he was seeing. Another elderly gentleman, we presented him with a Qur’an, this Holy Book, and after some time I phoned him up, “how is your progress?” He said, “no, I haven’t read it yet.” Again, another time, he says, “I haven’t had time to go to it yet.” Three or four times I phoned the man, then he says, “Look man, I’ve been reading it all along, you know, I can’t help agreeing with the book and I’m too old to change now.” This is the problem, “I’m too old to change,” but he’s reading it all along and he can’t help agreeing with every principle that is there. If you, without prejudiced minds, open the book, you see what it does to you, it must create a change."

- Ahmed Deedat

strivingobserver98
04-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Ahmed Deedat's perspective on the Celebration of Mawlid

strivingobserver98
04-21-2016, 01:15 PM
Ahmed Deedat's Marriage

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.