/* */

PDA

View Full Version : {urgent}i want to leave my house and family ,for good and live my life alone

legendaryman
03-08-2016, 05:59 AM
1. i don't want to leave my family(mother and elder brother) and live alone ,in other city by myself
2.but i want leave my addiction(which addiction ?name is undisclosed) as it is not allowed in islam ,i am trying and fighting it .since last six months
3.what is addiction ? please read https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...logy-addiction , a little longer
4. i will create another thread in detail and list all reasons
5 but for now after reading many books ,and after failing to quiet the addiction ,from last six months ,what if i say i cannot leave my addiction if i live with my family ?
6.what does islam say if i pack my bag at night and run to other city (no relatives ) without telling my family and do some job and live there alone ?,offcourse my mother and elder will never allow this ,and even i afraid my mother will get some disease ,out of shock
7.can you list ,all things in islam which stops me doing this act ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
03-08-2016, 08:11 AM
Consult a doctor

Umm Abed
03-08-2016, 08:37 AM
We can only advise you better after knowing what the addiction/problem is.

No dont ever do that, like running away. It will be a disaster to your family.

Remember, as with any addiction, the motivation must come from you to put a stop to it, and then there's help out there.

Abz2000
03-08-2016, 09:45 AM
if it's drugs/alcohol or something similar, type in your local area name, type in NA or AA meeting you should easily find a bunch over the next week, go sit at the meetings and listen, you don't have to do anything, just hear the stories.then go to the mosque and read.
try it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BilalKid
03-08-2016, 03:46 PM
watch vid :shade:

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...community.html

hisnameiszzz
03-08-2016, 04:47 PM
If you are able to tell us about your addiction then we can try and point you in the right direction.

There is a lot of help for people out there with addictions. Just Google it. It's nice to have somebody to talk to and for them to understand. This is totally irrelevant but I suffer from extremely noisy and oppressive neighbours. I found a forum online and it helps me a bit to have people in the same situation who totally get how bad it is. We all vent and support each other.

Try and not run away from the problem. Good luck and I hope it works out for you. Sending you my best wishes.

Pm me if you wish. I have more than enough on my plate but can try and point you in the right direction if you want. I am not saying I can help but I can try on very best. I work with young people in crisis so I have some experience with addictions and what not.

BeTheChange
03-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Asalamualykum,

Understand why you are resorting to your addiction.

Is it to fill in an emotional/spiritual/physical/mental void in your life?

Whichever void it is take steps to address the core root of the problem. For example, if you drink alcohol to run away from reality. Know that reality will still remain after you are sober and if anything the situation may get worse through your neglect.

In my experience the more you turn away and run away from a 'problem' the more it runs to you and the problem escalates.

You may not be able to find a root cause because the original reason why you reached out to the addiction in the first place has gone and now it really is an addiction. Your doing the act out of a habit or because you crave for the addiction or your entire being cannot live without it etc.

Know that whatever addiction you are engaged in it is prohibited for a reason. Turn to Allah swt every single day/hour etc and ask for his help.

Seek the help of professions and perhaps you should try and come clean with your family? If this is something they can handle. You know best.

Maybe confide in a family member? It doesn't have to be an immediate family member. You can reach out to your extended kin if you have any or if not reach out to a friend etc. Advise them about your trigger points and consciously make an effort to overcome your weakness.

The more you strengthen your character the more you will be able to turn away from your addiction.

May Allah swt help you overcome this addiction Ameen.

legendaryman
10-20-2016, 04:54 PM
for people who land on this page

firstly ,let me tell you that , my problem is still has been solved but it is solving gradually ..but the method which mentioned above will solve all my problems in just one month
if you are in similar situation then it is haram to run away like this due to ;
see two things are here, 1.obeying the parents 2. annoy, officiousness,to make them in trouble by you {somehow** is absolutely haram /
but if doctor said , that you have to go other for treatment of any such disorder than you can break the rule no. 1 i.e., you can go to other city even if your parents did not give you permission and in any case you cannot break the rule no.2
as i have done the same above thing , by allah's mercy my parents allowed me to shift to other city ,so i have not braked any islamic rule , thanks to allah
pray for me ,to get my illness recovered soon

between
for any type of addiction ,kindly stay away from AA ,as they wrong in addiction treatment , search lance dodes and read his psycology today blog , buy his books ,even american diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders has failed to define addictions .so beware while discussing about its treatment

legendaryman
10-20-2016, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum
:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.