PDA

View Full Version : Any expert programmers?



Kiro
03-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Hey this is a thread to the benefit the Muslims and I am sure there would be blessings in it to make things a more halal enviroment.

Imagine we like a program that is the background like for example Skype and it automatically detects background sounds (music) and it automatically muffles it without needing to manually download it and manually do it for yourself.

I think this is something we really need so basically when you go for example Youtube, the program makes it so you only hear voices and not music.

Please help me.
Please be my personal assistant in this thread @فرحان
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
farhan
03-08-2016, 01:21 PM
:sl:

Why not just mute the sound on desktop?
Reply

Kiro
03-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by فرحان
:sl:

Why not just mute the sound on desktop?
But imagine you go to a video and suddenly music comes. And if I mute the volume, I have no idea what's going on. I could watch super cool stuff but haram (music) is there
Reply

farhan
03-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Kiro
But imagine you go to a video and suddenly music comes. And if I mute the volume, I have no idea what's going on. I could watch super cool stuff but haram (music) is there
I found this, use those sounds to drown out music noise if your concerned about it.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-webs...-stay-focused/
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Kiro
03-08-2016, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by فرحان
I found this, use those sounds to drown out music noise if your concerned about it.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-webs...-stay-focused/
Imagine being able to watch a lot more youtube because of it but anyway, I don't think I want that. Can't you get some sort of super programmer :(
Reply

farhan
03-08-2016, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by Kiro
Imagine being able to watch a lot more youtube because of it but anyway, I don't think I want that. Can't you get some sort of super programmer :(
@ibn-Adam is good at coding. He might know something ;).
Reply

Kiro
03-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by فرحان
@ibn-Adam is good at coding. He might know something ;).
I'm okay if the program has like a funny noise to it as the background sound as long as I can hear the voices very clearly :)

c'mon brroooo don't you think this would be revolutionary for the Muslims?
Reply

Kiro
03-08-2016, 02:09 PM
expeeert programs come
Reply

MariaOwl
03-08-2016, 07:34 PM
assalamu aleikum

I assume it is not easy to make, since you need to separate the voices and noises from the music. As far as I know, tracks on youtube or similar are not separated, so you cannot switch the music off. I am not aware of any music recognition software/library/program which could do that. But since face recognition is also very far already, why not? Maybe it is possible? InshaAllah somebody knows more
Reply

Kiro
03-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by MariaOwl
assalamu aleikum
wswrb

I assume it is not easy to make, since you need to separate the voices and noises from the music. As far as I know, tracks on youtube or similar are not separated, so you cannot switch the music off. I am not aware of any music recognition software/library/program which could do that. But since face recognition is also very far already, why not? Maybe it is possible? InshaAllah somebody knows more
It must be possible! Kinda silly but I had a dream about it was ageeeees ago and I think this is what the dream was referring too. Anyway, it has to be because I had problems with my headphones and when I fully plugged in in the plug, I could only hear the background sounds and the voices were extremely quite, practically almost mute. I want the reverse so it must be possible.
Reply

Kiro
03-09-2016, 01:11 PM
pls help
Reply

Kiro
03-10-2016, 04:55 PM
bump
Reply

Kiro
03-12-2016, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by فرحان
@ibn-Adam is good at coding. He might know something ;).
does he know how to do this :(
Reply

AabiruSabeel
03-12-2016, 09:19 PM
:salam:

You can use an equalizer to filter out higher frequencies, greater than 3 kHz. It will not be 100% music-proof but most of it will be filtered out. Some musical notes lie in lower frequencies as well.

To eliminate it completely is not very easy.
Reply

Kiro
03-13-2016, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by ibn-Adam
:salam:

You can use an equalizer to filter out higher frequencies, greater than 3 kHz. It will not be 100% music-proof but most of it will be filtered out. Some musical notes lie in lower frequencies as well.

To eliminate it completely is not very easy.
Thanks. Where do I find an equalizer?

Do you know someone that can make this possible? Like have a program in the background that automatically detects sound like a Youtube video and muffles it and you can only hear voice.
Reply

Kiro
03-19-2016, 08:28 PM
bumo
Reply

Kiro
03-27-2016, 08:58 PM
looking for programmers!
Reply

farhan
03-27-2016, 09:27 PM
Offsource a programmer from freelancer.com.

Send him your specifications for the software and he will see if it's posssible إن شاء الله.
Reply

Kiro
03-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by farhan
Offsource a programmer from freelancer.com.

Send him your specifications for the software and he will see if it's posssible إن شاء الله.
why can't you do it big bro?? You da the mastermind
Reply

waseemm1975
03-28-2016, 12:33 AM
Salam mu alikum.
This is what I believe, someone please confirm or reject this. There is two cases.
1) The easy one that that the sound is divided so that one ear phone is the music the other is the sound. Which is pretty easy to do.

2) This is a very tricky case.
- How would you define music vs normal sound. What is music is the question?
My thinking is that from the sound you would filter based on how a music sounds(music patterns).

But honestly the question is what is that you want to do?Like what videos we talking about.

I personally had a bigger dream of creating a hayaa program that filters out all the haram. How that would work will be like snapchat how you can add a mustache, a cap, change your nose etc. You know if it fits a particular pattern change it.
Reply

Kiro
03-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by waseemm1975
Salam mu alikum.
This is what I believe, someone please confirm or reject this. There is two cases.
1) The easy one that that the sound is divided so that one ear phone is the music the other is the sound. Which is pretty easy to do.

2) This is a very tricky case.
- How would you define music vs normal sound. What is music is the question?
My thinking is that from the sound you would filter based on how a music sounds(music patterns).

But honestly the question is what is that you want to do?Like what videos we talking about.

I personally had a bigger dream of creating a hayaa program that filters out all the haram. How that would work will be like snapchat how you can add a mustache, a cap, change your nose etc. You know if it fits a particular pattern change it.
Try both :D but I do want sound on both ears...

Well music would be background sounds wouldn't it? The kind of videos I am talking about is like Youtube. It would be awesome if you could do it outside youtube too (other websites), like finally being able to watch a movie or watch a cartoon without having to have the volume really low or practically mute.
Reply

*charisma*
03-28-2016, 02:15 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Eh, it seems complicated. If the music is too overbearing, then the video is probably not even worth watching. Otherwise, I personally don't even notice the music sometimes. Probably easier to get transcripts for whatever you're watching.
Reply

Musa Addi
03-28-2016, 02:59 PM
Salam, I think it's doable because if I understand correctly the OP doesn't expect this to work for every video. Just the ones where background music was clearly inserted. Like it wasn't part of the video in the first place.
Reply

Kiro
03-28-2016, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Eh, it seems complicated. If the music is too overbearing, then the video is probably not even worth watching. Otherwise, I personally don't even notice the music sometimes. Probably easier to get transcripts for whatever you're watching.
wswrb

Are you a programmer?
Originally Posted by Musa Addi
Salam, I think it's doable because if I understand correctly the OP doesn't expect this to work for every video. Just the ones where background music was clearly inserted. Like it wasn't part of the video in the first place.
Well, we can call it a project or work in progress :D
Reply

Kiro
04-01-2016, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by waseemm1975
Salam mu alikum.
This is what I believe, someone please confirm or reject this. There is two cases.
1) The easy one that that the sound is divided so that one ear phone is the music the other is the sound. Which is pretty easy to do.

2) This is a very tricky case.
- How would you define music vs normal sound. What is music is the question?
My thinking is that from the sound you would filter based on how a music sounds(music patterns).

But honestly the question is what is that you want to do?Like what videos we talking about.

I personally had a bigger dream of creating a hayaa program that filters out all the haram. How that would work will be like snapchat how you can add a mustache, a cap, change your nose etc. You know if it fits a particular pattern change it.
Any progress? :)
Reply

Kiro
04-09-2016, 04:56 PM
come!
Reply

waseemm1975
04-09-2016, 05:45 PM
You still didnt define what is music. give me some examples please.... YOUTUBE has whole variety of videos....
Originally Posted by Kiro
Any progress? :)
Reply

Kiro
04-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by waseemm1975
You still didnt define what is music. give me some examples please.... YOUTUBE has whole variety of videos....
Ok... how about this...? I only want to hear the voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz2VWeWJnXk
Reply

waseemm1975
04-09-2016, 05:55 PM
hmm okay. im a little busy now. But i will see what i can do. No promises.
MY advise stop wasting your time :P
Reply

Kiro
04-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by waseemm1975
hmm okay. im a little busy now. But i will see what i can do. No promises.
MY advise stop wasting your time :P
Do you think you can do it?
Reply

waseemm1975
04-09-2016, 05:57 PM
the way Im thinking is making a google extension and then filtering the sound output....
Reply

Kiro
04-09-2016, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by waseemm1975
the way Im thinking is making a google extension and then filtering the sound output....
so is the program going to free?
Reply

waseemm1975
04-09-2016, 06:07 PM
ya in sha Allah if I can do it. But I would need more ppl who wants this project so I can devout time to it.
Reply

Kiro
04-09-2016, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by waseemm1975
ya in sha Allah if I can do it. But I would need more ppl who wants this project so I can devout time to it.
You can do it. Fight the haraam
Reply

farhan
04-09-2016, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by waseemm1975
ya in sha Allah if I can do it. But I would need more ppl who wants this project so I can devout time to it.
@MariaOwl may might be interested :). She does professional web design, coding etc.
Reply

Kiro
04-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by farhan
@MariaOwl may might be interested :). She does professional web design, coding etc.
Bro, I think it's finally coming trueeeee
Reply

MariaOwl
04-19-2016, 09:41 AM
MashaAllah it is a nice idea. If you setup a git or similar I can take a look but my free time is extremely limited, so can't promise anything, sorry
Reply

Umm Abed
04-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Some nasheeds got the drum sound at the background.

Is it possible for this to be removed?
Reply

Kiro
04-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
Some nasheeds got the drum sound at the background.

Is it possible for this to be removed?
I don't know. The singing might be considered background sounds along with the instrument. But I'm just guessing.
Reply

Umm Abed
04-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by farhan fan
I don't know. The singing might be considered background sounds along with the instrument. But I'm just guessing.
If the instrument was played alongside the singing then is it possible at all to remove it, since the instruments/drums are part of the nasheed itself?
Reply

Kiro
04-19-2016, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Umm Abed
If the instrument was played alongside the singing then is it possible at all to remove it, since the instruments/drums are part of the nasheed itself?
I'm not a programmer or anything. But how loud is the drums? Are they distinct?
Reply

Umm Abed
04-19-2016, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Kiro
I'm not a programmer or anything. But how loud is the drums? Are they distinct?
Ok fair enough, just thought to put forward this issue also.

Yes very loud, as they'r most probably doing it while reciting.

There are some nice urdu ones but sadly cannot find without the drums version.
Reply

Kiro
06-12-2016, 11:29 PM
hello
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 01:32 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 03:20 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2010, 10:04 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 06:05 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!