PDA

View Full Version : Ask me anything



Hamza :)
03-09-2016, 04:50 PM
:sl:

Got human biology mock tomorrow, and cba to revise and do past papers- really tired.

Just ask me questions (short or detailed) based on the following topics (whatever you can think of)

-Life processes (Cell respiration, enzymes, active transport, diffusion, osmosis, structure of a typical human cell)
-Breathing and gas exchange (structure of the gas exchange system, effects of smoking)
-Food and digestion (Role of carbohydrates, proteins, fats, etc etc....)
-Coordination (CNS, neurones)
-Chemical Coordination (Hormones)
-Form and movement (Bones and stuff)
-Homeostasis and excretion (kidneys and stuff)
-Chromosomes, genes, DNA
-Cell division
-Genes and inheritance
-Microorganism and diseases
-Human influences on the environment

Anything at all regarding these topics,
help a brother in Islam

Allow any errors made lol
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
03-09-2016, 05:31 PM
bump
Reply

LaSorcia
03-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Do you have to know the Krebs cycle?

How is ATP made?

Give an example of an enzymes/substrates at work?

Can you name some sex-linked disorders?
Reply

Hamza :)
03-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by LaSorcia
Do you have to know the Krebs cycle?

How is ATP made?

Give an example of an enzymes/substrates at work?

Can you name some sex-linked disorders?
1) No
2) Not in spec probs
3) You mean as in a model? Like the lock and key model?
4) Haemophilia, red green colour blindness

Much appreciated :)
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
BeTheChange
03-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Which level of study are you at?

High school, College, Uni? Just so we know how advanced the questions can be...
Reply

Hamza :)
03-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Walaikumasalaam,

Which level of study are you at?

High school, College, Uni? Just so we know how advanced the questions can be...
High school (igcses)
:jz: :)
Reply

M.I.A.
03-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Wow shocking now I'm embarrassed,

Em.. Name five or three differences between plant and animal cells.

Define active transport, osmosis and diffusion. Name one process where each is involved.. One process for each.

Which transmitters are used in the brain and also which transmitters are used in the CNS.

Name the bases used in DNA..

Name the enzyme used in DNA replication.

Name two types of enzyme inhibitor.. Or three..

Name one disease that replicates within human cells, which type of microorganism or similar is it?

I don't mind if these are not the questions you are looking for as its been a very long time since I have done biology.
Reply

Hamza :)
03-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Wow shocking now I'm embarrassed,

Em.. Name five or three differences between plant and animal cells.

Define active transport, osmosis and diffusion. Name one process where each is involved.. One process for each.

Which transmitters are used in the brain and also which transmitters are used in the CNS.

Name the bases used in DNA..

Name the enzyme used in DNA replication.

Name two types of enzyme inhibitor.. Or three..

Name one disease that replicates within human cells, which type of microorganism or similar is it?

I don't mind if these are not the questions you are looking for as its been a very long time since I have done biology.
1) Plant cells have a cell wall, animal cells don't. Plant cells have a permanent vacuole animal cells don't. Plant cells contain chloroplasts animal cells don't.
2) Active transport is movement of particles againsta a concentration gradient using energy from respiration, e.g: some glucose in the gut is absorbed by active transport.
Osmosis is movement of water particles from a region of higher concentration to lower concentration, e.g: water entering visking tube sausage.
Diffusion is movement of particles from higher concentration to lower concentration, e.g: oxygen moving inside cells.
3) Neuro transmitters?
4) Adenine, thymine, guanine, cytosine.
5) Dunno bro, tell me
6) Not in spec probz
7) AIDS? and virus?

Thanks for the questions. Allah reward you abundantly :) :jz:
Reply

LaSorcia
03-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Hamza :)
1) No
2) Not in spec probs
3) You mean as in a model? Like the lock and key model?
4) Haemophilia, red green colour blindness

Much appreciated :)
1-Ok, I guess that college stuff lol.
2-Ok, do you know what it stand for though? Don't peek! What it does?
3-Yes, and can you name any processes in which enzymes are used?
4-Great.

I haven't done biology in a while. I guess naming the characteristics of living things is too simple? How about naming the 'building blocks of life' from atom to organism?
Is anatomy included? Can you name all the body systems?
Reply

Hamza :)
03-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by LaSorcia
1-Ok, I guess that college stuff lol.
2-Ok, do you know what it stand for though? Don't peek! What it does?
3-Yes, and can you name any processes in which enzymes are used?
4-Great.

I haven't done biology in a while. I guess naming the characteristics of living things is too simple? How about naming the 'building blocks of life' from atom to organism?
Is anatomy included? Can you name all the body systems?
2) Adenosine tri phosphate, it's the energy currency of cell
3) Breaking down large food molecules

Yes I would be able to. I think I already named all in the op
Reply

M.I.A.
03-09-2016, 07:05 PM
The enzyme is only important if you have done dna transcription, if you have then Google it..


Thumbs up!

...your next challenger awaits.
Reply

Hamza :)
03-09-2016, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by M.I.A.
The enzyme is only important if you have done dna transcription, if you have then Google it..


Thumbs up!

...your next challenger awaits.
no it's not in my spec

might aswell sleep. 12.22 am here
Reply

Hamza :)
03-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Make lots and lots of dua ib peeps :)
Reply

lonewolf007
03-09-2016, 08:10 PM
You'll smash it lil bro in sha Allah and you'll be in my duas but stop stressing cuz it's stressing me out too lol
Reply

azc
03-10-2016, 09:19 AM
AbulUthman of UF?
Reply

Hamza :)
03-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by lonewolf007
You'll smash it lil bro in sha Allah and you'll be in my duas but stop stressing cuz it's stressing me out too lol
lol i literally smashed it alhamdulillah

Originally Posted by azc
AbulUthman of UF?
yaaaa maaaan

lol people keep asking me but when i ask i don't get a reply, that's not fair :(
Reply

BeTheChange
03-10-2016, 05:47 PM
Revise from past papers. That's the best revision in sha Allah.
Reply

Hamza :)
03-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Revise from past papers. That's the best revision in sha Allah.
Yep I'm trying to do them. For some subjects it's easy for others it's hard
:jz:
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!