/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New here

Pete
03-09-2016, 10:02 PM
Salaam alaikum
I'm new here. I'm thinking of covering to Islam.
I have been a blind deaf and dumb atheist all my life but have recently found a deep conviction and belief in Allah saw.
I read verses from the Quran and Hadith every day. I practise Salah as best I can.
My concern is ignorance of the Arabic language and not being able to recite Surah with the authenticity and beauty it deserves.
Any thoughts?
Should I take the Shahada anyway?
Shukran lak

Pete

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
03-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Take it at your own pace,

Easiest and hardest thing to do is go visit a mosque,

200% Someone will approach you and give you help with any problems or difficulties you have.

..and its also the easiest way to learn new stuff.

Visit several mosques if you can simply to reduce any perceived pressure.

MuslimInshallah
03-09-2016, 11:41 PM
Wa alaikum assalaam Pete,

(smile) Well, if it makes you feel better to have a little ceremony and recite the formal declaration of faith... then why not? (smile) But it seems to me that you have already declared your faith in God, to yourself and Him, at any rate (and this is what really matters). (smile) Indeed, it seems to me that you have gone beyond this, too.

(smile) So welcome to this Forum, my brother-in-faith. May it bring you some benefit.

(smile) And don't worry too much about not being great in Qur'anic Arabic. Few Muslims are, you know. (smile) I think what is most important is your sincerity. (smile) And, it seems to me, you have this.

May God, the One Who Possesses all the Beautiful Names, Reward you and Guide you in your quest.

Pete
03-10-2016, 12:31 AM
Thank you for your words of kindness and support.
I do feel as if I've submitted to Allah swt and after years of arrogant ignorance regarding faith a weight has been lifted from me.
I'm patiently learning the Al Fatihah and Al Ikhlas. Not just the words but glorious meanings within.
I can only ever know what Allah swt , most merciful and benificent reveals to me and guides me to the straight path.
Thanks again for aiding me...
Jazaakal-Laahu khayra

Pete

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crookedrib
03-10-2016, 12:33 AM
Wa alaykum assalaam

Yes, you should take the shahadah right away since you've already accepted Islam as the true religion. Just recite the Qur'an to the best of your ability, Arabic is not your native language so it's understandable that you find it difficult. Also, see this:

Aa’ishah (RA), relates that the Prophet (sallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said:
Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have TWICE that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Hope that helps in shaa Allah, and congratulations on accepting islam :)

azc
03-10-2016, 01:40 AM
:wa: welcome to Islam. Visit any mosque and take the shahdah. May Allah swt keep you firm in deen. Ameen

Muslim Woman
03-10-2016, 07:08 AM
:wa:

Most Muslims are non arabs. Don't worry. i'ts hard for me to pronounce arabic correctly but i m learning , trying . As posted already , holy Prophet pbuh said, our rewards are double :)

may Allah bless you .

anatolian
03-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Salam bro. You have already accepted İslam in your heart. Just take Shahada. Dont wait any more..May Allah make it easy for you

greenhill
03-10-2016, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the forum.

May you have a good journey into discovery.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Pete
03-10-2016, 09:50 PM
So I visited my local Mosque today. Some kind and helpful people suggested I visit again tomorrow to see the Imam.
Alas I'm working all day tomorrow..... or should I throw a sickie.
Allah stw I'm sure will direct me to the right path.

eesa the kiwi
03-10-2016, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pete
So I visited my local Mosque today. Some kind and helpful people suggested I visit again tomorrow to see the Imam.

pull a sickie bro its for a good cause

i recomend having a look at this site www.islamreligion.com
they have a lot of helpful articles and a live chat q&A for you to ask you any questions you have. they will also talk you through the process of saying shahadah if you want. i found the site super helpful when i was new to islam

anatolian
03-10-2016, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pete
You are just one step away from being a Muslim. :)

Amatullah~
03-11-2016, 11:38 AM
:ma:

Welcome to this forum and I hope you take your Shahadah soon :ia:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!