/* */

PDA

View Full Version : One of the longest Hadith

smak
03-10-2016, 10:48 PM
In The Name of ALLAH, The Most Merciful, Most Kind

On the authority of Khalid bin Waleed (May ALLAH be pleased with Him), who relates that a Bedouin (radiALLAHuanhu) came one day to the PROPHET (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon HIM) and said to HIM (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon HIM)

‘Oh MESSENGER of ALLAH (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon HIM)! I’ve come to ask you a few questions about the affairs of this Life and the Hereafter. ‘So the PROPHET (peace and blessings of ALLAH be upon HIM) replied: ‘Ask what you wish.’ So the Bedouin (radiALLAHuanhu) asked:

Question 1) I’d like to be the most learned of men.

Answer 1) Fear ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la), and you will be the most learned of men.

Q2) I wish to be the richest man in the world.

A2) Be content, and you will be the richest man in the world.

Q3) I’d like to be the most just man.

A3) Desire for others what you desire for yourself, and you will be the most just of men.

Q4) I want to be the best of men.

A4) Do good to others and you will be the best of men.

Q5) I wish to be the most favoured by ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la).

A5) Engage much in ALLAH’s (Subhanahuwata’la) praise, and you will be most favoured by HIM (Subhanahuwata’la).

Q6) I’d like to complete my faith.

A6) If you have good manners you will complete your faith.

Q7) I wish to be among those who do good.

A7) Worship ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) as if you see HIM (Subhanahuwata’la). If you don ‘t see HIM(Subhanahuwata’la), He(Subhanahuwata’la) can see you. In this way you will be among those who do good.

Q8 ) I wish to be obedient to ALLAH(Subhanahuwata’la).

A8 ) If you observe ALLAH’s(Subhanahuwata’la) commands you will be obedient.

Q9) I’d like to be free from all sins.

A9) Bathe yourself from impurities and you will be free from all sins.

Q10) I’d like to be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light.

A10) Don’t wrong yourself or any other creature, and you will be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light.

Q11) I’d like ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) to bestow His mercy on me.

A11) If you have mercy on yourself and others, ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) will grant you mercy on the Day of Judgement.

Q12) I’d like my sins to be very few.

A12) If you seek the forgiveness of ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la)as much as you can, your sins will be very few.

Q13) I’d like to be the most honourable man.

A13) If you do not complain to any fellow creature, you will be the most honourable of men.

Q14) I’d like to be the strongest of men.

A14) If you put your trust in ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la), you will be the strongest of men.

Q15) I’d like to increase my provision.

A15) If you keep yourself pure, ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) will increase your provision.

Q16) I’d like to be loved by ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) and His Messenger(Sallalaahualahiwasallam)

A16) If you love what ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) and His(Subhanahuwata’la) Messenger love, you will be among their beloved ones.

Q17) I wish to be safe from ALLAH’s (Subhanahuwata’la) wrath on the Day of Judgement.

A17) If you do not lose your temper with any of your fellow creatures, you will be safe from the wrath of ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) on the Day of Judgement.

Q18 ) I’d like my prayers to be responded.

A18 ) If you avoid forbidden actions, your prayers will be responded.

Q19) I’d like ALLAH(Subhanahuwata’la) not to disgrace me on the Day of Judgement.

A19) If you guard your chastity, ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) will not disgrace you on the Day of Judgement.

Q20) I’d like ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) to provide me with a Sitr (protective covering of faults and sins) on the Day of Judgement.

A20) Do not uncover your fellow creatures faults, and ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) will provide you with a Sitr (protective covering of faults and sins) on the Day of Judgement.

Q21) What will save me from sins?

A21) Tears, humility and illness (note: illness or any form of hardship is also a cleanser of sins if one bears it with patience)

Q22) What are the best deeds in the eyes of ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la)?

A22) Gentle manners, modesty and patience.

Q23) What are the worst evils in the eyes of ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la)?

A23) Hot temper and miserliness.

Q24) What alleviates the wrath of ALLAH (Subhanahuwata’la) in this life and in the Hereafter?

A24) Concealed charity and kindness to relatives.

Q25) What actions will save me from the fire of hell on the Day of Judgement?

A25) Patience in times of hardship and misfortune.

[ Reference: Musnad Imam Ahmad - Saheeh]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.