/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gems of the Seerah

strivingobserver98
03-11-2016, 11:27 AM
When Abu Salamah migrated to Madinah, his wife Umm Salamah was prevented by her family from accompanying her husband. At last after a year, they took pity on her and let her migrate. She set out on a camel all by herself with her young son Salamah. When she reached Tan'eem (where Masjid Aishah is located today), Uthman ibn Talha al-Abdari saw her. He asked her where she was heading. She told him she was going to her husband in Madinah.

He asked: Is anyone with you?

She replied: No. "Then I cannot leave you alone", saying this, he took the reins of the camel in his hand and started walking towards Madinah.

Umm Salamah says: 'I have never seen an Arab more courteous and noble than him. When it was time to stop for rest, he would make the camel sit, and then go away while I dismounted, then he would come back and tie the reins of the camel to a tree, and sleep under it. And when it was time to move, he would come to me and say: Mount the camel; and then go away while I mounted, and then he would come back, take the reins and start walking. In this manner he continued till we were at just at the outskirts of the village of Quba; he said: Your husband is there, so go ahead with the blessings of Allah, saying this he started walking back towards Makkah'.

[Narrated by Ibn Ishaaq with a fair chain of narration going back to Umm Salamah - "Seerat ibn Hisham" 1/469-470]

Uthman ibn Talha used to go away while she mounted and dismounted because she might have to raise up her clothes while doing so, thus getting uncovered.

Uthman accepted Islam later on, and he was the one who had the keys of the Ka'bah, and the Prophet ﷺ let him keep them when Makkah was conquered. May Allah be pleased with him!

Umm Salamah went on to become Ummul Mu'mineen after Abu Salamah died. But she never forgot the nobility of Uthman till she narrated the incident to her great grandson Salamah ibn Abdillah ibn Umar ibn Abi Salamah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amatullah~
03-11-2016, 12:48 PM
This is very beautiful :ma:

Uthman :ra: is a real gem.

:jz: for sharing.

azc
03-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Nice thread. :jz: for sharing it

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.