/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what's it like having a younger sibling

Kiro
03-11-2016, 03:20 PM
what's it like to have a younger sibling that has a big age gap between you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The-Deist
03-11-2016, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
what's it like to have a younger sibling that has a big age gap between you.
It depends.

Umm Abed
03-11-2016, 04:54 PM
You feel protective over them if they are younger than you, especially if alot younger.

sister herb
03-11-2016, 04:54 PM
It may be quite annoying. I donĀ“t know nothing to have younger siblings as I am that young one. My sister is 6 years older than I. I think I was something quite a brat of hers minds during the childhood.

:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The-Deist
03-11-2016, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
You feel protective over them if they are younger than you, especially if alot younger.
Some are some aren't.

Kiro
03-11-2016, 05:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Some are some aren't.
Where is your usage of commas. ;D

hisnameiszzz
03-11-2016, 05:49 PM
I've discussed this with my Mom. She is the youngest in her family and I am the baby in ours.

I can just imagine splashing my money on anything and everything for a younger sibling. Heck, I splash out my older siblings too.

I treat my nephews and nieces as little siblings and I spoil them rotten. Best thing with them is you can hand them over when you get bored with them, hahaha.

Umm Abed
03-11-2016, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Some are some aren't.
Yh even though there maybe sibling rivalry, most of the time its not serious, they grow out of it and become close friends.

BeTheChange
03-11-2016, 08:30 PM
It's fun Alhamdulilah.

It's challenging.

It's a responsibility because they watch everything you do and say so you have to be a role model.

It's funny & cute when they use your words as a reminder or a deterrent. Alhamdulilah.

It's hard work when they don't listen & think they know better but on the other side when they do listen it's a good feeling. Alhamdulilah.

It can be expensive when you are treating them or when it's EID day :facepalm: .

You definitely feel like a bodyguard or your blood pressure shoots up when you are in a rough/dodgy public place. Trust me, reaching out for their hands is not cool according to them but as the cliche goes you rather be safe than sorry.

Best of all as the big sister you can boss them around :D.

HappyMuslimaa
03-14-2016, 10:18 AM
I'm the oldest of three, my mother at that point wasn't so protective with her third, so a lot of time I felt like I was mothering her. I love it, I love taking care of children. If I could go back I would do it again just to do it again: )

greenhill
03-14-2016, 02:26 PM
Yh even though there maybe sibling rivalry, most of the time its not serious, they grow out of it and become close friends.

Ever the optimist. .

That is how it should be. :thumbsup:

:peace:

ardianto
03-16-2016, 03:05 PM
I am the oldest of four. My brother is one year young. My sisters are four and five years younger. Then what's it like becoming the oldest?. Hmm, ..... I don't feel something special. Just normal. Maybe because I am not type of man who act like boss toward the younger.

There's no sibling rivalry in my family. Our parents taught us to not jealous to anyone, and taught us that as family we must always understand each other.

ConcealedGem
03-16-2016, 03:29 PM
Normal

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.