/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lack Of Support

hisnameiszzz
03-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Is it just me or are the number of people posting on here saying they want to leave Islam (me included, I was/am one of them!)? When I joined this website about a year and a half ago, there were no threads like that and now it's like one every fortnight.

I wonder why this is? Have struggles become harder for people? Do we no longer have patience?

From my personal experience what I do know is that there is very little support for Muslims in Masjids and what not. I've found Imams/Aalims to not be interested at all. For sure, they don't have to make time for everyone, but I thought the whole idea of becoming a religious scholar was to be able to support others in times of crisis especially in the community.

Any thoughts people?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
03-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Asalamualykum,

I would urgently request you to build on your emaan.

If you feel your emaan is weak or you are questioning certain aspects of the faith you must educate yourself in these areas.

There is no point in allowing your doubts to escalate into something big.

Build on the knowledge that you already have and question your understanding and knowledge of Islaam. Maybe there are mistakes in your salaah that you are not aware of? Maybe your tajweed needs improving? Maybe the method of your fast is not correct? etc

There is ALWAYS something we can improve on and by improving and perfecting we are growing a stronger bond and relationship with Allah swt. Why do we need this? Because every single prophet peace be upon them warned they people of dajaal as he will be the greatest fitna so we need to be prepared. If you are questioning your faith now how would you fare when he is performing his magic?

Run to good deeds before the opportunity is taken away from us.

If the Imaams fail to support you then as a Muslim we should excuse him 100 times before we make a judgement. Really the wisdom behind this is it is extremely difficult to think of 100 excuses so avoid judging. But what do we do? We are weak, arrogant, egotistical and quick to throw accusations and bad-mouth our brothers and sisters.

I also feel you are passing the buck and responsibility on someone else's shoulders. Yes absolutely as a Muslim ummah we should support and encourage each other but sadly we don't have a united front. There's many many problems within the ummah and this is a sign of the last days we are living in.

Why turn to the people when you are in a privileged position and you can support and help yourself?

Read the Quraan on a daily basis and if you don't understand Arabic i strongly recommend you to use your time to understand what Allah swt is advising us. Really we are at fault.

I also wish to bring the below warning to your attention;

MINOR SIGNS

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah Most High be upon him) prophesied of the Last Age that:

• “People would follow a way of life other than mine, and give guidance other than mine”…“I fear for my people only the leaders who lead men astray”…“Before the Last Hour there will be great liars, so beware of them”…“When the most wicked member of a tribe becomes its ruler, and the most worthless member of a community becomes its leader, and a man is respected through fear of the evil he may do, and leadership is given to people who are unworthy of it, expect the Last Hour”. All of these warnings have already been dramatically and ominously fulfilled. Around the world today, with but few exceptions, and even here in my native Caribbean island of Trinidad, people, including Muslims, now have the worst leaders. This ominous sign of the Last Day has come to pass, yet there are so many who do not, or cannot see, and they blindly rush as dumb cattle to endorse or to follow such leaders for personal gain, or fear, or due to sheer ignorance;

(This is why am stressing you must equip yourself with knowledge and build on your emaan. It is the ONLY thing which will save you). By educating yourself about the teaching of Islam you will be able to differentiate between truthhood and falsehood.

SOURCE: http://www.imranhosein.org/articles/signs-of-the-last-day/76-ten-major-signs-of-the-last-day-has-one-just-occurred.html

Finally i would like to advise you to study the lives of the prophets peace by upon them. You will get so much inspiration and hope from them. Your character & mentality will improve immensely because they trials and tribulations were on such a larger scale to ours. Our 'hardship' is nothing compared to the suffering that they all endured. I think it will put everything into perspective & remember this dunya is just that dunya - a test for us mankind. It wouldn't be dunya without hardships. It would be jannah.

May Allah swt remove the doubts from your mind and heart and may emaan be with you in happiness and sadness Ameen.

muslim brother
05-04-2017, 05:16 PM
because the world has changed so fast in so many different ways

it appears many so called "knowledgeable" people have been left off guard

hence i wrote
Adapt or fail

our mosques and institutes need to utilise individuals of different skills and experiences outside of the cliques and clubs which already exist

these cliques do themselves a major disservice not to mention to the wider community by not being inclusive of other models ,ideas and individuals.the "we know it all" attitude is actually an arrogant and unislamic attitude.yet it is common

self interest and a group survival strategy shows a lack of compassion ,yet when the storms come, the masses are ordered to help and pray for these hidden and often unapproachable individuals and old mens clubs .sounds harsh .bitter truths?

living in a different country in very challenging times,maybe even unique unprecedented times it is obvious that some old methods,models and ideas and are now defunct and possibly completely irrelevant

fixed positions and a lack of adaptibility could possibly be harmful and for some cliques and individuals may even lead to irrelevance or a decline in their influence

lack of foresight and an inability to strategise and be proactive has led some to become victims of circumstance.

http://ahmeddewsbury.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/our-mosques-and-institutes-need-to.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.