/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quick dog-related question

Tytokman
03-12-2016, 05:29 AM
Hello,

So basically here's the situation. We found a stray dog, took it in, and have been taking care of it. Now here's the problem, we have people in the house that pray, I did some reading online and discovered that the part of the dog that is considered impure (najis) is the saliva. It is a relatively small dog that doesn't drool at all, but we are also willing to appropriately clean up anywhere the dog does lick. Keeping all of this in mind could we just take the dog outside when it's time to pray and then let it back in afterwards? (Permanently keeping it outside wouldn't be an option unfortunately) We would really like to be able to help this poor soul and treat it like a member of the family, we have already been growing attached to it emotionally.

So basically to summarize, if it licks/drools on anything, we'll clean it up, we'll keep it away from the prayer area at all times, and we'll take it outside when it's time to pray, would that be considered okay?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BismAllah
03-12-2016, 07:10 AM
I believe that although it would be a little bit of extra effort having to clean up the areas, there is nothing wrong with what you have suggested. You are taking care of Allah's creation and showing mercy and compassion to it is a noble act.

I remember reading a book by Dr. Khaled Abou El Fadl explaining how keeping dogs is not actually haram as it is only the saliva that is considered najis, but as long as your dog does not slobber everywhere and you maintain hygiene in the house, everything should be fine.

Thank you for showing compassion towards Allah's creation.

strivingobserver98
03-12-2016, 12:38 PM
:sl:

:D

M.I.A.
03-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Kinda reminds me of the people of the cave story.. Which also includes there dog.

Lots of stigma attached to dogs, although probably not all fairly.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sister101
03-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Keeping a dog in the house without a good reason decreases the reward for your good deeds by two qirat a day.

Khalid Saifullah
03-14-2016, 02:49 PM
It's not allowed to keep a dog as a pet ... only for security reasons.

The above dog is a pet.

It's presence in the house prevents the angels of mercy from entering the home.

I suggest that you trade it in for a kitten .... its allowed in Islam and u will also enjoy playing with it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.