/* */

PDA

View Full Version : will my zakat be accepted if:

fakerameen
03-12-2016, 07:11 AM
so i am 14 and i work at a coffee shop after school from which i get about £30 pounds a week. i try to save at least half of it (at times i miss ,because i’m human) and then send it to the maids of my grandparents in my native country, (because they are the only poor muslims i know).
now the problem is, my mom’s family is quite well( i’ve grown with a single mom) financially but not us, my mom works as a teacher a primary school and more than half of her pay is spend on me and my brothers school’s fees. now that shows we’re quite poor right? BUT my mom has enough gold given to her by her family , i mean alot more than enough to make zakat farz on her. now when i visited my native country, i noticed i come from a family that cares more about culture and traditions than about religion. so i also feel like…..it might have something to so with that or i dont know whatever…….
AND i also can not talk to my mom about this , i mean about paying zakat, because maybe she’s kept the gold for bad times like my brother has asthama and she has kidney problems and both of them have many more health problems too( not me mashallah!, until now….) and in bad times this was what helped us so………….
now the other problem……i don’t know if a 14 year old girl can pay zakat……and then on the behalf of her family( i’ve learnt thats not acceptable, i mean paying zakat on the behalf of someone )…….. and then i’m not even sure if my mom knows about it………the thing is at my home we’re like 3 strangers living in one house, we have almost no communication. i guess only my grandmother and those that i send it to know.
all i want to do is try keeping my sinful family, the kind of muslims who pray only friday and eid prayers, from getting more sins in their records and…….i guess you can understand the rest your self.
is what i’m doing be considered as zakat or charity? is it even charity in the first place? will what i’m doing even bring any kind of good? or it has no point? until now i’ve send, only once, in six months, about £300 the last week and i want to know if that was useful, i mean to me and my family? should i continue doing that or it has no point and i should stop?
sorry i know my question is is not clear, but please compromise……and i dont mind if you’re not a scholar or an imam, as long as you’re a muslim( whos a little older so they know more than me) i will consider your reply. i need not one answer but many because nowadays theres so many complications in our religion. hadith and quranic verses could really help……..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
03-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Assalamualaikum.

14?. Masha Allah, you are younger than my oldest son.

Okay, young girl. Everything that you have is given by Allah, and in what Allah has given to you there is the share that belong to the needy people. That's why you must always be grateful with what Allah give to you, and give what belong to the needy people. Through obligated charity that called zakat, and through voluntary charity that called sadaqah.

Now about your question. What you have given considered as zakat or sadaqah?.

Young girl, you don't need to think about it. Leave this question to Allah. What you should do is always be grateful for what Allah gives to you, and always help the needy people. In Shaa Allah, whether that is considered as zakat or sadaqah, you will still get reward.

May Allah always give easiness in your life. :)

fakerameen
03-12-2016, 09:14 AM
thanks. i guess that makes sense. i asked this question on many islalmic websites and my islamiat teacher and almost everyones like just sit back thats not your job and stop being over smart!imsad and would you recommend i continue doing this?

ardianto
03-12-2016, 09:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rameen-
thanks. i guess that makes sense. i asked this question on many islalmic websites and my islamiat teacher and almost everyones like just sit back thats not your job and stop being over smart!imsad and would you recommend i continue doing this?
Continue what?. Giving charity?.

You should not stop, and must always give charity to needy people although just in small amount if you are afford to give only in small amount. Even if the money is not coming from your job but from other sources like gift from your family.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
fakerameen
03-12-2016, 09:55 AM
thanks again.

hisnameiszzz
03-12-2016, 11:52 AM
I can't help with your question but wow look at you. 14 and working. Well done.

I don't think I started working until I was 22 and even then I was like do I have to work. Lol.

I hope you are able to get your question answered and all the best.

Faithbox
03-12-2016, 12:31 PM
What kind of coffeeshop?:p

fakerameen
03-12-2016, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faithbox
What kind of coffeeshop?:p
r u kidding me with that?:skeleton: anyways its not starbucks but just an ordinary coffee shop in the downtown man.....

fakerameen
03-12-2016, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
I can't help with your question but wow look at you. 14 and working. Well done.

I don't think I started working until I was 22 and even then I was like do I have to work. Lol.

I hope you are able to get your question answered and all the best.
thanks for your support. :D well its just that like everyone else i also dont like to work but i hate relying on other people for everything more. even if thats my mom.

fakerameen
03-13-2016, 09:08 AM
if i stop would that be a sin? i have absolutely no such intentions but lets just say my family itself is not doing well?

syed321
03-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Listen to your heart. when u have enough money help to other's but keep it Secret between u & Allah no need to say everyone. you are 14 & your thinking is to help other's i appreciate that. Allah bless you & help you always on your way.

fakerameen
03-13-2016, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed321
Listen to your heart. when u have enough money help to other's but keep it Secret between u & Allah no need to say everyone. you are 14 & your thinking is to help other's i appreciate that. Allah bless you & help you always on your way.
thank you so much

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.