/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what should i do about my islamiat teacher?

fakerameen
03-12-2016, 11:10 AM
salam. some months ago i decided to have islamiat studies as one of my subjects for o levels. now the problem is i HATE my islamiat teacher, i hate him so much that if i ever had a chance to kill someone i'd go for him because:

he's the most disrespectful muslim i have ever met. i mean he would literally tell me and my other class mate( theres only two of us) to shut up.....i mean for stuff like we are talking about something.....i dont agree with him....he's like let it be .....i'm like no because islam says.... he's like i'm just saying this for your ease and benefit and i'm like and not what islam says?..and he's like shut up! and open your book to page..... and its not normal for a religious teacher to say that, is it? i mean i look at the christainity teacher and he's like so nice and polite and .......and then there's him........

he's the kind of muslim who's like its not important to go to mosque, or have beards(for men), or keep fasts if you are on job, or that its permissible for women and and men to have relationships and he's like what matters is your intensions........like....... if thats what matters then why dont we stop praying, fasting, helping others and everything, as long as we have intentions to do that.....?!?! thats what he says to cover up when we question his personality....like WHAT THE ............

and he's also sooooo interested in insulting and judging other people. he once started to talk about my other class mates mom......saying she was too strict on him and blah blah blah which obviously upset him. and he also had about like two substitutions with our class and in one he start discussing our races and in the other he started telling them about my idea of bring a revolution in which i'll unite muslims and blah blah blah and since then everyone calls me miss revolutionist which is annoying! he had no right to do that! and he also told them how much he hates us.......just because we ask too many questions about our religion.

and he acts so mean, not only me and my other class mate, but almost everyone hates him because he always does stuff like this: there's a guy that gets bullied at our school and i usually cover up for him. now once he was crying and i was trying to console him and then he comes.... first he tries to help me and then after a minute he's like just leave him ,he's such a crybaby and gay and.......

and he's such a hypocrite! he says one thing one day and then changes his statements the other day!

now my problem is i dont know what to do about him. i dont think a person like him has a right to become a muslim teacher. the way he represents my religion is so annoying! should i talk to my principle about changing my teacher? i dont want to do that because that would be too disrespectful.... and if you think i should complain about him then how do i do it? like i tell my principle i know islam more than my teacher does and he's wrong and i'm right?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mr2299muslim
03-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Salam , I think you should complain about his insulting demeanor to the principal definitely , no one has the right to insult anyone like that

Abz2000
03-12-2016, 10:40 PM
Check his facts, that's the most important thing because you're there to learn, if you're constantly getting wrong information and it's not rectifying, you seriously need a better teacher. The other stuff is less important since i had a very strict maths and physics teacher who was excellent in his field, i hated the way he would throw our excercise books out the door for not revising well enough and tell us to pick it up and then make us stand in the place where it had fallen, and i hated the way he used to threaten to beat me up outside "in the road" because i was unruly and he wasn't allowed to hit students (it was a private school), but i ended up hiring him as my private home tutor and he really pulled me through the syllabus fast despite my constant slacking in revision etc, i would most likely otherwise have got fails due to the way i was spending time outside. May Allah reward him abundantly.
I had other teachers who were really cool, easy going fun to joke with and relaxed, but knew i didn't stand a chance if i wanted to complete the syllabus in the last few months before o'levels.

I strongly advise you to check the facts and put up with his character if he's a good teacher.

fakerameen
03-13-2016, 02:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Check his facts, that's the most important thing because you're there to learn, if you're constantly getting wrong information and it's not rectifying, you seriously need a better teacher. The other stuff is less important since i had a very strict maths and physics teacher who was excellent in his field, i hated the way he would throw our excercise books out the door for not revising well enough and tell us to pick it up and then make us stand in the place where it had fallen, and i hated the way he used to threaten to beat me up outside "in the road" because i was unruly and he wasn't allowed to hit students (it was a private school), but i ended up hiring him as my private home tutor and he really pulled me through the syllabus fast despite my constant slacking in revision etc, i would most likely otherwise have got fails due to the way i was spending time outside. May Allah reward him abundantly.
I had other teachers who were really cool, easy going fun to joke with and relaxed, but knew i didn't stand a chance if i wanted to complete the syllabus in the last few months before o'levels.

I strongly advise you to check the facts and put up with his character if he's a good teacher.
the thing is if he was strict, i would definetly have no problem, but he's not strict he's just a hypocrite who keeps changing his statements and when we complain about it he would tell us to shut up, not because we were doing something wrong. and the other thing is that at times he's like correct this, thing this book is wrong....... this scholar is wrong, this hadith is fabricated..........and like i'm right! and he's a religious teacher, he represents my religion, if he was a math or physics teacher i would have compromised but he's not.... his character is so not fit for teaching islam....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
03-13-2016, 07:34 AM
Tell it your parents and ask other students to do so. I believe what you say, nevertheless, respect your teacher

fakerameen
03-13-2016, 08:20 AM
i already did tell my parents and guess what? they asked me to quit islamiat studies:cry:. my parents are not the religious type:cry: and i do respect him( i cant on the inside:heated:) and thats why until now i've not done anything about him but instead decided to ask for other muslims advice. i already mentioned i have only one other class mate who's taking islamiat studies and he......got suspended for arguing with a teacher( the same teacher). actually after things went really bad i cant help anymore and came here

sister herb
03-13-2016, 08:25 AM
Salam alaykum

If you aren´t satisfied for the quality of the education or teacher, you better quit your lessons. It´s great you came here - from here you can find knowledge and get lessons (like reading articles and posts and discuss with others).

fakerameen
03-13-2016, 08:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Salam alaykum

If you aren´t satisfied for the quality of the education or teacher, you better quit your lessons. It´s great you came here - from here you can find knowledge and get lessons (like reading articles and posts and discuss with others).
wow!^o) i never thought about that!:embarrass i guess i should quit taking classes but i will keep on studying islam and i will give an islamiat studies cie examination but i should study on my own and take help from books and internet. thanks

*charisma*
03-13-2016, 09:30 AM
assalamu Alaikum

Send an email to the students in the class and create a petition against him stating the issues that he has such as being disrespectful to the students and not teaching the correct Islam. This guy should be fired. This way you will have more than one person backing you up if everyone else agrees with you, and they can get a better teacher.

fakerameen
03-13-2016, 09:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
assalamu Alaikum

Send an email to the students in the class and create a petition against him stating the issues that he has such as being disrespectful to the students and not teaching the correct Islam. This guy should be fired. This way you will have more than one person backing you up if everyone else agrees with you, and they can get a better teacher.
thanks but wouldn't that be waaaaay too offensive and like way tooo muuch?, i think i should go with sister herb but considering your advice i guess i should talk to my principle and tell her that he's the reason for bblah blah blah and that i dont need him anymore......

or should i really go for it?

i normally have never been so ......... to anyone older than me........especially teachers

*charisma*
03-13-2016, 11:25 AM
The reason I'm saying you need to bring it up to that extent, is because he could be misleading a lot of muslim brothers and sisters with the wrong information. If you didn't know much about Islam, you would take his advice just because he's an authoritative figure or a "teacher." Secondly he's being extremely disrespectful. That's shameful and discouraging. I personally would take it all very seriously and I don't think you should feel bad because you could benefit a lot of people by having him replaced with someone who actually teaches islam properly and is respectful to the students.

crookedrib
03-17-2016, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rameen-
wow!^o) i never thought about that!:embarrass i guess i should quit taking classes but i will keep on studying islam and i will give an islamiat studies cie examination but i should study on my own and take help from books and internet. thanks
If you're okay with e-learning then I suggest you take the courses on islamiconlineuniversity.com. It's free and I heard it's really good alhamdulillah.

fakerameen
03-18-2016, 12:31 AM
thank you so much everyone, he got fired yesterday, i didn't create a petition or something, first i told him i'm going to talk to the principle for blah blah blah and he said fine i neither like teaching you ........... and then i couldn't do that face to face so i wrote a letter to my principle in which i wrote all bad stuff about him, while i was sitting with him asking him you think of it this way right?(i know thats weird but i'm all weird)....she contacted some other good muslim, i guess an imam or something who said his way of preaching islam was wrong and .............so he got fired!!

*charisma*
03-18-2016, 12:41 AM
Mashallah, that's good news! And great on the principal for taking your concerns seriously mashallah.

fakerameen
03-18-2016, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Mashallah, that's good news! And great on the principal for taking your concerns seriously mashallah.
thank you:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.