PDA

View Full Version : How the Bible has changed over the past 2,000 years

strivingobserver98
03-12-2016, 03:05 PM
Interesting.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
03-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Greetings and peace be with you, and thanks for sharing the link.

This may well be very interesting from a scholars perception, but for me, I just trust that the Bible I own and read, is the Bible that God intends me to read. I just have to trust that God would not mislead me, or anyone else.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric

BilalKid
03-13-2016, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
This may well be very interesting from a scholars perception, but for me, I just trust that the Bible I own and read, is the Bible that God intends me to read. I just have to trust that God would not mislead me, or anyone else.
which version bible?? ^o)

anatolian
03-13-2016, 01:57 AM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
03-13-2016, 01:58 AM
Greetings and peace be with you, and thanks for sharing the link.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God'

Eric
Salam. God does not mislead people but people mislead each other. If there is a corruption in Bible it is not the fault of God but the fault of man. God gave us a mind to chose the falsehood out of truth and the truth out of falsehood.

Eric H
03-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Greetings and peace be with you anatolian;

Salam. God does not mislead people but people mislead each other. If there is a corruption in Bible it is not the fault of God but the fault of man.
Even if an all powerful Roman Emperor wanted to corrupt the Bible, he would have to fight against God, so no contest. Christianity was very much an underground and persecuted faith for 200 - 300 years, its a wonder it survived at all. I read the NIV Bible, and I have read the Catholic Bible, so I am aware of the differences.

At mass this morning, we had the Gospel of the Woman committing adultery, as mentioned in the video, our minister even made reference to the fact that it was added about three hundred years later, as an addition to John's Gospel.

We still just need faith and trust, that this is the message that God wants us to read and be inspired by.

God gave us a mind to chose the falsehood out of truth and the truth out of falsehood.
I have seen threads on this forum trying to prove the existence of God, they went to a thousand posts, and go round in circles, we can only use our own scripture as proof, but this amounts more to faith, rather than proof.

In the spirit of praying to 'One God.'

Eric

anatolian
03-14-2016, 06:06 PM

Even if an all powerful Roman Emperor wanted to corrupt the Bible, he would have to fight against God, so no contest. Christianity was very much an underground and persecuted faith for 200 - 300 years, its a wonder it survived at all. I read the NIV Bible, and I have read the Catholic Bible, so I am aware of the differences.

At mass this morning, we had the Gospel of the Woman committing adultery, as mentioned in the video, our minister even made reference to the fact that it was added about three hundred years later, as an addition to John's Gospel.

We still just need faith and trust, that this is the message that God wants us to read and be inspired by.

I have seen threads on this forum trying to prove the existence of God, they went to a thousand posts, and go round in circles, we can only use our own scripture as proof, but this amounts more to faith, rather than proof.

Eric
Salam my friend. I just want to say that we must use our minds and we must support our faith with our mind. Otherwise we have a baseless faith. A baseless faith is a blind faith. You can believe anything with a blind faith. Quran tells us to use our minds always. May Allah make us from among the ones who use their minds.

anatolian
03-21-2016, 08:16 PM

Eric
Salam Eric.

Another interesting article stating that the most famous Biblical verse supposedly supporting Trinity was added later.

https://bible.org/article/textual-problem-1-john-57-8

Eric H
03-21-2016, 10:33 PM
Greetings and peace be with you anatolian; and thanks for the link,

I just want to say that we must use our minds and we must support our faith with our mind. Otherwise we have a baseless faith. A baseless faith is a blind faith.
I have witnessed a number of events, that I can only describe as miracles.

I watched my mother suffer with multiple sclerosis for the last thirty years of her life. She could not move her arms or legs for about the last twenty years, and everything had to be done for her. Yet she seemed to experience a calmness and peace about her, despite all her suffering. I could never really understand her calmness. She had a faith in God and she sometimes used to say that she is ready to meet Jesus now. I never heard her blame God for her problems.

At one point she went into a coma and was taken to hospital, her breathing was a horrible gurgling sound, the doctors said she had hours to live so we called a priest. As the priest said his prayers my mums breathing seemed to relax and minutes after the priest left she came round and started to speak, she had no recollection of anything that happened in hospital for the last two days, or that the priest had said prayers over her. She lived another ten years in her paralysed state, people might have said that it would have been kinder for her to have passed away in hospital, but she later said that she was not ready to die.

God answers prayers in a way that help us to find eternal life, I don’t think God answers prayers in a way, that just makes our lives easier on this Earth. God will never place on us a burden that is too great for us to carry, but we do need to turn to God and pray for that strength, to get us through this day, and every day, always one day at a time. We must never give up hope in a loving and merciful God

This came at a time when I was searching for God, and it was the first of the life and death miracles that I witnessed.

I used to like reading the posts of Woodrow, a devout Muslim on this forum, he talked of the life changing miracles in his life.

In the pirit of praying to do the will of our God,

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.