/* */

PDA

View Full Version : interested in joining Islam

mklem14
03-13-2016, 10:35 PM
have studied religions for 4 years and Islam grabs me as the truth. I know some about the religion and am talking with a friend who is Islamic and she is supportive. I have read the Quran and know a little about the 5 pillars and 6 precepts. I have not read the hadiths but would like to know if I'm on the right path for reverting. Any input is appreciated!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
03-13-2016, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the forum.

If you are asking us at the forum we will surely say "yes". . .well, almost all of us. :D

But it is you that must decide. I can tell you my own reasons for my faith and i'm sure there'll be plenty of other reasons others can give.

Perhaps, you should take a look at Jeffrey Lang on youtube on the subject of 'the Purpose of Life'. He helped me see things in a way I never did, and I'm a born muslim. It about 93 minutes but well worth the time.

Wishing you a great stay. In the meantime do browse the archives.

:peace:

mklem14
03-13-2016, 11:26 PM
thanks for your response! I went to a Christian based school for most of my life and never felt at "home". Feel that others (like a priest or Jesus) are not necessary as mediators to got and that Islam has a direct connection to God, which I find the name Allah more loving and personal and more closer to the truth

Faithbox
03-13-2016, 11:48 PM
Welcome brother!I hope you will find your way in Islam.
Reading the quran is a very good step towards understanding the word of the Allmighty.

The hadith can also be very usefull to understand the past and the future based on islamic believes.

To give you a example of some hadith that amazes me eveeyday i see them

Hopefully you will obtain alot of knowledge and deen, in sha allah!
Salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
03-13-2016, 11:50 PM
As i did... and i must admit, singing the hymns in church felt more uplifting then reciting the Quran, but there was no meaning.. i didn't understand the Quran, but does not mean it had no meaning... as I slowly discover its beauty over time...

:peace:

azc
03-14-2016, 07:06 AM
Welcome to IB. Glad to know of your interest in Islam. May Allah swt open your heart to truth. I advise you to browse this forum, InshaAllah you'll see very large amount of Islamic knowledge. If you've any doubts or questions, feel free to ask.

GINGERBEARDMAN
03-14-2016, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mklem14
have studied religions for 4 years and Islam grabs me as the truth. I know some about the religion and am talking with a friend who is Islamic and she is supportive. I have read the Quran and know a little about the 5 pillars and 6 precepts. I have not read the hadiths but would like to know if I'm on the right path for reverting. Any input is appreciated!!
A lot of people will encourage you to just 'revert' no matter what, even if you have major doubts they'll just tell you go with it, this is wrong.

Other times you'll think you need to research for many years before you accept the religion, this is also incorrect.

The correct time to accept Islam is when you believe in it with no serious doubts, you are convinced it is the truth and you accept the 6 articles of faith that a Muslim must believe in, these are:

1. Belief in Allaah
2. Belief in the Angels
3. Belief in the day of judgement and what comes after this
4. Belief in the Prophets, the last and final of which being Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and Jesus Christ as a Prophet of God also, not the son of God, or partner or part of God.
5. Belief in the books of Allaah, the last and final of which is the Quran.
6. Belief in the divine decree, what happens in this life happens according to God's plan.

Now are there any of these matters you have any doubt over?

mklem14
03-15-2016, 02:51 AM
would like to know about heaven and hell in islam. I know that in the Quran it states that there will be a veil so thin between heaven and hell one will barely be able to notice it

~ Sabr ~
03-15-2016, 03:51 PM
Greetings mklem14,

format_quote Originally Posted by mklem14
would like to know about heaven and hell in islam. I know that in the Quran it states that there will be a veil so thin between heaven and hell one will barely be able to notice it
Please explain where you have got this from?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.