/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You were Charlie, you were Paris. Will you be Ankara?

strivingobserver98
03-15-2016, 11:51 AM
So true.

A man has shared a Facebook post calling for empathy with the victims of a suicide bomb attack in the Turkish capital of Ankara that killed at least 34 people and wounded 125.

James Taylor, who lives in Ankara, encouraged readers to imagine the attacks happened where they live.

"[It] is the equivalent of a bomb going off outside Debenhams on the Drapery in Northampton, or on New street in Birmingham, or Piccadilly Circus in London," he wrote.

"Can you imagine being there? Can you imagine the place you walk past every day, the bus stops you use, the roads you cross being obliterated."

"It is very easy to look at terror attacks that happen in London, in New York, in Paris and feel pain and sadness for those victims, so why is it not the same for Ankara?

"Is it because you just don't realise that Ankara is no different from any of these cities?"
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6929871.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
03-15-2016, 02:33 PM
:(

azc
03-15-2016, 03:58 PM
First,They see who have been killed. Perhaps Muslims' blood has no importance in their eyes

Serinity
03-15-2016, 04:55 PM
Hypocrisy. Supremacism.

Deny it all you want, I think people favour others based on what they are. If it is paris, it goes viral, but if it is in Africa, Nigeria etc. Nothing.

They want the 'thrill' they want the attention of people. They don't care about people in Africa, or Syria getting bombed. Yet when it is their own people, it goes viral. If there is a Muslim that killed another non muslim, it goes viral. But if it is some old Muslim, getting killed by drunk people, nothing.

They only want to publish what gets people's attention.

Deny it all you want, people only get touched when they see a risk for themselves, or Paris, USA, russia etc. But if it is someone in Africa, they shrug it off as normal. That is life, I guess.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anatolian
03-15-2016, 05:16 PM
I was in the exact point of the bombing two weeks ago.

Terror is a humanity crime. If you are ok with the terror in other countries that same terror finds you in your house one day.

Serinity
03-15-2016, 05:20 PM
Isn't bombing haram? I mean it is literally suicide.

I mean you could have BOMBED muslims, too.

anatolian
03-15-2016, 05:34 PM
Of course bombing innocent people is haram. Suicide is also haram. Everything is haram related to terror.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.