/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Her Habit of Salaam (Greeting) saved her life

Khalid Saifullah
03-15-2016, 11:56 AM
A Muslim lady worked at a huge meat distribution factory. One day, when she finished with her work schedule, she went into the cold room to inspect something; but in a moment of misfortune, the door suddenly closed and she was locked inside with no help in sight.

Although she screamed and knocked with all her might, her cries went unheard as no one could hear her. Most of the workers had already left. From the outside of the cold room, it's impossible to hear what is going on inside.

Five hours later, weak and shivering from the icy cold, she was on the verge of death. Suddenly someone opened the door, and let her out. It was quiet and unassuming security guard of the factory. She was miraculously saved from dying that day.

Al - Hamdulillah! !!!!

When she later asked the security guard how he had come to open the door, which wasn't his usual work routine, he replied thus:

"I've been working in this factory for 35 years, hundreds of workers come in and out every day, but you're one of the VERY FEW PEOPLE who greet me in the morning and greet me every night when leaving work. Many treat me as if I'm invisible.

Today, as you reported for work, like all other days, you greeted me in your simple manner 'Assalaamu alaikum. But this evening after working hours, I curiously observed that I had not heard your "Assalaamu alaikum, see you tomorrow"

Hence, I decided to check around the factory. I really look forward to your 'Salaam' every day because they remind me that I am someone. By not hearing your farewell today, I knew something had happened. I searched everywhere and the last place was the cold room. You had to be in there. That's why I was searching every where for you."

Moral:
# Be humble, love and respect those around you.
# Try to have an impact on people who cross your path every day, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

MAY ALLAH TA'ALA GRANT US ALL THE ABILITY OF MAKING THE SALAAM A CUSTOM AMONGST US -
Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.