/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I failed

ConcealedGem
03-15-2016, 03:50 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته I have just got my results back for something and it feels like someone just killed me, I have never felt this way before, I have failed...... I am so upset and have been balling my eyes out; I never fail in exams and I have failed, wallahi idk what to do, my degree... I'm scared.

My eyes are red and there's this warm rush within me, I've always wanted to be a medic... What's going to happen now, I can't even breathe properly anymore. [emoji29]

I knew I wasn't good enough for this degree, all I wanted to do was pass my exams and help the ummah, I've failed so bad. :(((

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
03-15-2016, 04:21 PM
:wasalam:

Take a deep breath and say Alhamdulilah.

In the way of obstacles there will be solutions and pathways. If you want to try again for the degree go ahead, discuss with your parents and think about what steps you wanna take next.

Your still young :ma: your whole life is ahead of you. Don't worry.

Read this hope it helps :ia:.

Turn your Failure into Success:
1. Remembering the importance of patience and Tawaqul during times of uncertainty and challenging obstacles. In doing so, we are also being rewarded!

“And whoever puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him.” (Quran 65:3)

Every obstacle and challenge is a test from Allah and He only tests us with something that which we can bare. Every test is a means of purification for us: mentally, physically and most importantly, spiritually. Allah is giving us the opportunity to rise to the occasion because we have that capability and strength within us to do so. Have faith in yourself!

2. We can plan but Allah’s plan is always better, He is the Best of Planners and He is the All Wise.

There is always a hikmah (wisdom) or a silver lining in everything Allah has planned for us. Looking back at our rich Islamic history, we see that many victories came after defeats such as the Battle of Uhud and the conquest of Makkah!

Always try to reflect on the positive aspects of the situation and taking lesson from the negative – failure is one of life’s greatest teachers! There is ALWAYS a lesson to be learnt.

3. Accept failure as something you will definitely have to experience at some point in your life.

Compare the progress in your life with something as simple as walking. As a baby, if were to sit and cry for every time for time we tried to stand, you wouldn’t have learn the balance needed in walking.

4. Failure can determine you as person ONLY as much as you allow it to.

Failure gives shape to your character and personality. However, it does NOT determine your situation. Accept that you are human and that you were made weak, so get to know yourself by facing your fears and always try to challenge yourself, because this is what builds you.

5. It is always important to remind ourselves that the world we live in now will come to an end.

Our life and our time on this earth is limited and we should not burden ourselves down with overbearing thoughts of the ‘failures’ and ‘success’ of the world. Our goal is the hereafter, and thus, if we should to be worried over anything, it should be our success in the hereafter, ie the entrance to Paradise.

Lastly, a reminder that greatly helped me turn my moment of failure into a success was a quote by Sufyan ibn Thawri.

He says, ‘Whoever fixes his secret affairs (at night), Allah will fix his public affairs. Whoever fixes that which is between him and Allah, Allah will fix what is between him and people. Whoever works for his akhirah, Allah will be enough for his dunya.’

How beautiful is that?
http://muslimlifehackers.com/how-to-...nto-a-success/

Here's something to lighten up your mood:).

M.I.A.
03-15-2016, 04:22 PM
One word..

Resits.

Most universities give three chances for a resit, two if it's a first semester exam plus one final chance.

...em... I'm an expert on the subject.

I think the record is six resits.. All passed..

Not by me though! :D

..think I had four at most, passed.

Reassess your work and how far you were off by, make changes to your revision plan. Do past papers..

Ask people for the notes they used.. Most will probably let you photocopy them.. Again I have no idea..

Hopefully you will be successful the next time.

It's not as hard as you think, maybe you just don't want it yet.. Maybe it is pressure..

I don't know what it is but I hope you overcome it..

I failed in the end, too many years sleeping..

Although for every time I regret it and say I could have done better.

...I know I have overlooked everything in my life I am truly working for.

sister herb
03-15-2016, 04:43 PM
Don´t stress too much if you failed one time. Sometimes we have to make more work to reach our goals. I have tried to go to study for nurse now 3 times but failed again and again in the tests. Maybe it means that I just need to try harder or maybe Allah has some other plan to me.

Don´t give up sister.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalid Saifullah
03-15-2016, 04:48 PM
Wa alaikumus salaam

You will get over this initial disappointment. You then simply pick yourself up and rewrite the exam .... do it until u pass.

ConcealedGem
03-15-2016, 04:50 PM
I am going to see my tutor tomorrow, jazakallah khayr for your responses, its just that.. I never fail anything and this time, wallahu alam, just really disappointed in myself.. I thought I achieved a good grade, seems like I didn't, guys.. please make dua for me, loads and loads, I feel so depressed.

noraina
03-15-2016, 04:52 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalam,

Sister, firstly, you and your value to the ummah are worth so much more than any examination or career.

Secondly, make dua and study hard and then redo this exam until you pass inshaAllah, or it may just be that Allah SWT has something else in plan for you.

Failure only happens when you stop trying. No effort is ever wasted.

ConcealedGem
03-15-2016, 04:52 PM
sometimes when you wanna benefit the ummah so bad and it all just comes tumbling down.. all your efforts at a waste, I knew I wasn't good enough nor will I ever be

strivingobserver98
03-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Beautiful Dua to recite at this time:

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْهَمِّ وَالْحُزْنِ وَالْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وَالْبُخْلِ وَالْجُبْنِ وَضَلَعِ الدَّيْنِ وَغَلَبَةِ الرِّجَالِ

‘O Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.’

strivingobserver98
03-15-2016, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NinjaInBlack
sometimes when you wanna benefit the ummah so bad and it all just comes tumbling down.. all your efforts at a waste, I knew I wasn't good enough nor will I ever be
"Every single success you experience is a combination of two things: your effort and Allah's help. When you don't put in enough effort, Allah does not give His barakah. And sometimes you might put in a lot of effort but you may not see the result you expected. That, also, is Allah's barakah."

- Nouman Ali Khan

ConcealedGem
03-15-2016, 05:01 PM
jazakallah khayran for all the responses, my head is hurting really bad n I'm just going to some hifz revision now, please don't forget me in your dua, I am a weak soul.

ConcealedGem
03-15-2016, 06:05 PM
I feel much better now alhamdulilah after speaking to my tutors. Jazakallah khayran for everyone's dua, I'm just going to get back on my feet and try again. Jazakallah khayr ������

Souljette
03-15-2016, 06:17 PM
Asalamualaykum Ninjainblack I'll be bear brutally honest with you this is just the first step failure is your key to success but you just need to be persistent don't give up.. I am a doctor now alhamdulillah but I have faced many failures till I reached up to this point all you need to do is have tawakkul in Allah , study hard, make lots of dua and be persistent so what you failed..doesn't matter I didn't fail before being a med student either but when I was in the first year of med school I was in such bad shape but alhamdulillah Allah pulled me up and I was just persistent so just be patient and keep going ..be cool, calm and collected ..it hurts it alwAys does just brush yourself off and keep going ..and you have family friends and in forum lol to help you out in sha Allah take care

Kiro
03-15-2016, 06:22 PM
ok

May God help you

ConcealedGem
03-15-2016, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Souljette
Asalamualaykum Ninjainblack I'll be bear brutally honest with you this is just the first step failure is your key to success but you just need to be persistent don't give up.. I am a doctor now alhamdulillah but I have faced many failures till I reached up to this point all you need to do is have tawakkul in Allah , study hard, make lots of dua and be persistent so what you failed..doesn't matter I didn't fail before being a med student either but when I was in the first year of med school I was in such bad shape but alhamdulillah Allah pulled me up and I was just persistent so just be patient and keep going ..be cool, calm and collected ..it hurts it alwAys does just brush yourself off and keep going ..and you have family friends and in forum lol to help you out in sha Allah take care
Jazakallah khayr, thank you all for making me feel better, I'm studying somethin related to medicine but Ma sha Allah a good job you are doing. Anyhow, I'm going to cry myself to sleep again because it feels good. بارك الله فيك

Souljette
03-15-2016, 07:06 PM
it's not easy a lot of disappointments and struggle but you will get there and don't be sad

M.I.A.
03-15-2016, 07:25 PM
Oooooh noooo...

I failed, fake card payment cost me 20 pounds lol.

Alhamdulillah, I'm so angry.

...lol..

Honestly someone's eating well tonight.

...ok..I found an authorisation code. :|

Mods plz delete, this ain't no blog!!!

Trying not to get fat :/

T_T

...I remember the camel in the dessert story

lonewolf007
03-15-2016, 08:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear that but failing at something isn't a weakness rather it's a strength because failure actually humbles you trust me on this. With everything we experience in life we always learn a lesson from it so chill and take it easy and just keep trying again and insha'Allah you'll pass and be fine :)

Kiro
03-15-2016, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lonewolf007
I'm sorry to hear that but failing at something isn't a weakness rather it's a strength because failure actually humbles you trust me on this. With everything we experience in life we always learn a lesson from it so chill and take it easy and just keep trying again and insha'Allah you'll pass and be fine :)
Success is born out of failure :thumps_up:

~ Sabr ~
03-16-2016, 09:11 AM
:salamext:

Maybe take this time to reflect upon yourself :ia:
Reflect upon your deen.

These things happen - but as long as we don't fail the exam on the Day of Judgement, it's not a problem, as this dunya is just temporary.

ConcealedGem
03-16-2016, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
:salamext:

Maybe take this time to reflect upon yourself :ia:
Reflect upon your deen.

These things happen - but as long as we don't fail the exam on the Day of Judgement, it's not a problem, as this dunya is just temporary.

You speak haqq, whenever trials hit me wallahi I feel a change in me in terms of ibadah.. Let's just say الحمد لله for all that Allah has given me good and bad because only he knows the reason why he made certain things happen, just going to trust on my rabb ������

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.