/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Finding baby toys!!!

sis muslimah
03-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Assalamualaikum

I am trying to find toys for my baby boy which has no music (other than soft toys and rattles). Does anyone know of good toys or sites where i can buy them. Also i am trying to find toys which have no faces (so like no animals or anything). Its pretty difficult to find stuff without faces so far ive managed to get toys without faces but it seems like as he is getting older and older its getting more and more difficult to find them without faces. Any help would be appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
03-15-2016, 03:53 PM
:wasalamex

Any supermarket or stores which sell clothes for kids.

strivingobserver98
03-15-2016, 04:04 PM
وَ عَلَيْكُمْ السَّلاَمُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَ بَرَكَاتُهُ

There are faceless dolls called "Deeni Doll".

You can find a wide range of Islamic toys at SimplyIslam website [emoji4].

strivingobserver98
03-15-2016, 04:11 PM
Here's a picture:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sis muslimah
04-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Hes a boy i dont think he will be best pleased playing with a doll :Emoji61:

I am curious about what us allowed in terms of images on objects. I know that we are not allowed to hang pictures or anything with an image of an animal or a person in the house as it mentions in the hadith The Prophet said, 'Angels do not enter a house in which there are dogs or pictures'. (Sahih-Al-Bukhari, 7.833, Narrated by Abu Talha)

(the wife of the Prophet) I bought a cushion having pictures on it. When Allah's Apostle saw it, he stopped at the gate and did not enter. I noticed the signs of hatred (for that) on his face! I said, "O Allah's Apostle! I turn to Allah and His Apostle in repentance! What sin have I committed?" He said, "What about this cushion?" I said, - I bought it for you to sit on and recline on." Allah's Apostle said, "The makers of these pictures will be punished (severely) on the Day of Resurrection and it will be said to them, 'Make alive what you have created.'" He added, "Angels do not enter a house in which there are pictures."(narrated by Ayesha).
Hadith 7.846 (Al-Bukhari Hadith)

Surely the same thing applies to toys and stuff does it? I mean are we then allowed to go out and buy action figures for boys or toys in shape of animals like many soft toys are? Does anyone know what I am trying to ask :D I feel like im probably not making much sense to many of you reading this.

noraina
04-06-2016, 02:40 PM
The Deeni dolls are creeping me out lol, I wouldn't want that giving me a blank stare.

I do not think toys with faces are haraam, though, I believe there is an exemption for young children. This is of course entirely personal preference but didn't Aisha (RA) have dolls and figures she used to play with, such as mentioned in this hadith:

Aisha reported: When the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, arrived home after the expedition to Tabuk (or Khaybar), the wind raised the end of a curtain which was hanging in front of her room and it revealed her dolls. The Prophet asked, “O Aisha, what is this?” She said, “My dolls.” Among them was a horse with wings made of rags, so he asked, “What is this I see?” She said, “A horse,” He asked, “What does this have on it?” She said, “Two wings.” He asked, “A horse with two wings?” She said, “Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with two wings?” The Messenger of Allah laughed so deeply that I could see his back teeth. Sunan Abu Dawud 4932

It is entirely up to you sister, but if you want you can check out this online store, it is a sweet store selling Muslim-oriented toys, http://ibraheemtoyhouse.com/1/about-us

sis muslimah
04-06-2016, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
The Deeni dolls are creeping me out lol, I wouldn't want that giving me a blank stare.

I do not think toys with faces are haraam, though, I believe there is an exemption for young children. This is of course entirely personal preference but didn't Aisha (RA) have dolls and figures she used to play with, such as mentioned in this hadith:

Aisha reported: When the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, arrived home after the expedition to Tabuk (or Khaybar), the wind raised the end of a curtain which was hanging in front of her room and it revealed her dolls. The Prophet asked, “O Aisha, what is this?” She said, “My dolls.” Among them was a horse with wings made of rags, so he asked, “What is this I see?” She said, “A horse,” He asked, “What does this have on it?” She said, “Two wings.” He asked, “A horse with two wings?” She said, “Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with two wings?” The Messenger of Allah laughed so deeply that I could see his back teeth. Sunan Abu Dawud 4932

It is entirely up to you sister, but if you want you can check out this online store, it is a sweet store selling Muslim-oriented toys, http://ibraheemtoyhouse.com/1/about-us

Yes she did have a doll but as far as i am aware they had stick dolls so no faces which is why I am a bit hesitant in buying stuff like that. jazakallahu khair for the website I shall check it out.

strivingobserver98
04-06-2016, 11:08 PM
How about Umair the Muslim teddy bear :D?

Good learning tool too!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.