/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friends

Kah
03-16-2016, 07:41 PM
Asalamualaikum brothers and sisters. Firstly I'd like to start out with some background information. I lived in the U.S. for the first 15 years of my life I am now 18 Alhamdulilah. I've been living in Kenya for the last 2 and a half years with my family.

So I have a group of friends in the U.S. who I am still very close with. The past two summers I have gone back for vacation to visit. I still stay in contact with them weekly. So I wasn't practicing Islam until the end of my first year in Kenya. It's been a few years now and I've been trying to give dawah to some of my muslim friends. But I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried to be patient for a while now but now I feel like giving up. I feel like there's been no progress and maybe I should try to find some friends who will help me become a better muslim as I am not perfect. When I've gone back in the summers, it's been really hard for me to maintain my iman. I stopped praying, started listening to music, and was doing other haram acts. And every year when I come back I tell myself when I go back in the summer I won't fall into these haram acts. Also when I talk with them via messaging its hard to not talk about some haram things when it is brought up. I've known these guys for so long and consider them to be very close to me. But I feel as if none of the words I'm saying is helping them and if I continue being friends with them I will fall into more haram acts. One side of me wants to start disassociating myself with them and find friends who can help me become a better muslim, and another part of me doesn't want to disassociate myself with them because I find our bonds to be quite strong. I would like some advice brothers and sisters on how to handle this situation. If I should continue these relationships please give me advice how to do so, and if I should end it please give me advice how to do so.

JazakAllah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
03-17-2016, 12:19 PM
:wasalamex

Be wary of whom you befriend because a person is likely to take the faith of their friend.....the hadith is something along these lines that Prophet Muhammad :saws: warned us about. If they are not listening then let them be.

anatolian
03-17-2016, 03:47 PM
Neither leave them since they are your friends nor let them discourage you from your path. Stay in the middle. Maybe one day you will be able to encourage them to come to the straight path.

Muslim Woman
03-17-2016, 04:28 PM
:sl:

try to find new friends who will remind u of Allah . Stay away from bad companions who will lead u to fire .

Don't continue the friendship . Ask Allah to bless u with good , pious friends . Try to go to mosque regularly . It will be easy to find good companions there .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
03-18-2016, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Neither leave them since they are your friends nor let them discourage you from your path. Stay in the middle. Maybe one day you will be able to encourage them to come to the straight path.
But at what risk? That he might get led astray himself? I don't think so....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.