/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I don't know how I'll ever get married

cerevecc
03-16-2016, 08:57 PM
Salaam

I'm a guy who lives in a non-Muslim country where Muslims constitute hardly 1% of the population. I've been agnostic my whole life and raised in a secular household, but I've been studying Islam extensivley and will be ready to take the shahada in the coming days. I haven't told anyone about this yet, but most of my relatives and friends are fairly open minded and I don't think I'll face many problems with that. However, there is only one thing I'm worried about at the moment - I don't know how I'll ever get married in a "proper" Islamic way.

I live in a small provincial city, there are no Masjids here. I don't have any Muslim friends. There are sure some muslims, but I can't just randomly walk up to them on the streets. Basically I'm completely isolated from any Muslim community.

I've looked into the Muslim online marriage websites and stuff, but honestly I'm quite skeptical. I've only read bad stuff about those. I could be willing to try if I had to but I don't think I'll have much success there. I haven't even found any users in those websites who would be from my area. Now the only possible way I can think of to get married is by "dating" a non-Muslim and hoping they convert. Yes, no easy task but I really don't know what else I could do. There are other obivous issues with this as well - the gender relations in Islam. Would this even be permissible? Could I "date" Islamically, without all that physical touching? maybe courting would be a better term. Would developing a non-physical emotional attachment, meeting, going out together, and talkingbe acceptable? What else could I possibly do? I'm in no hurry to get married yet, but I'm not planning to be a celibate for life either.

Thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
eesa the kiwi
03-16-2016, 09:24 PM
brother firstly if you believe islam is the truth you should say shahada without delay, no one knows when the angel of death will come
do you know how to say it?

secondly brother with your concerns about finding a wife, if the lord of all that exists can provide for everyone in the heavens and the earth he can certainly provide you with a wife, you just have to have faith thats all. this is easy for him subhannallah

anatolian
03-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Salam brother. Wellcome to Islam. One can find an Islamic way for everything. It is more about your respect to Allah. May Allah make it easy for you

anatolian
03-16-2016, 09:32 PM
Yes as the brother eesa says bring shahada first then concern on the other things. You have a hardness but also a great opportunity to invite people around you to Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafran
03-17-2016, 12:09 AM
salaam

Your still allowed to marry a Christian or Jewish women.

peace

azc
03-17-2016, 06:47 AM
Assalamu alaikum.Welcome to Islam. First, say shahadah. Don't worry about marriage. Where you come from? Possibly any of us may help you

~ Sabr ~
03-17-2016, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
salaam

Your still allowed to marry a Christian or Jewish women.

peace
:wasalamex

People NEED TO STOP saying this! Please look into the ruling of this!!!! This applied to the old types of Christians and Jews who believed that God was one and had NO sons!

Zafran
03-18-2016, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~

:wasalamex

People NEED TO STOP saying this! Please look into the ruling of this!!!! This applied to the old types of Christians and Jews who believed that God was one and had NO sons!
Christians is a broad term but generally the followers of christ and Jewish women were and are allowed to be married. Nothing controversial about this.

~ Sabr ~
03-18-2016, 01:53 PM
Christians is a broad term but generally the followers of christ and Jewish women were and are allowed to be married. Nothing controversial about this.
Proof?

Zafran
03-19-2016, 01:32 AM
Proof?
Surah 5.5

"This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers."

Aamir Bozdar
03-19-2016, 06:21 AM
Start with the Great name of God who's most merciful and beneficent.
It's glad to see you an other child of Abraham found peace in Islam.
I pray for your all circumstances vanish away.
Peace ☺������☺������☺������

sister herb
03-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Salam alaykum

Welcome to Islam. As others have adviced, the first thing is say shahada. Then you can stop worrying such things like how you can find your spouse. Put your trust to Allah and know that if He wills, finding someone isn´t any problem at all. You don´t know what will happening in the future - do you live in your city all your life or do more Muslims will move to there in the near future. You might be able to travel to some other city and meet there other Muslims. Who knows, what´s Allah´s plans for you.

Let me compare your situation now to mine at the time when I accepted Islam: at that time in my city lived zero Muslims. I felt very lonely here. But now, after years, here lives hundreds, we have our own tiny Mosque, halal store and one halal restaurant. No loneliness any more. So, trust that Allah knows the best and takes care of your problems.

~ Sabr ~
03-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Surah 5.5

"This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers."
I'm sorry, how is this proof? Go into the tafseer, read it, then come back to me :ia:

greenhill
03-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Wishing you a great stay..

:peace:

Zafran
03-22-2016, 12:06 AM

I'm sorry, how is this proof? Go into the tafseer, read it, then come back to me :ia:
I have seen the salafi and Hanifi rulings on it. Its preety clear you can marry a Jewish and christian women. So whats you problem exactly here?

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/7666

https://islamqa.info/en/21380

peace.

~ Sabr ~
03-22-2016, 10:27 AM
I have seen the salafi and Hanifi rulings on it. Its preety clear you can marry a Jewish and christian women. So whats you problem exactly here?

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa/7666

https://islamqa.info/en/21380

peace.
One Word: TAFSEER

If you are misguided, don't misguide others!

Zafran
03-22-2016, 05:45 PM
One Word: TAFSEER

If you are misguided, don't misguide others!
I've shown you two answers from sheiks that use tafsirs - If you actully read both answers you would see that Tabari and Quratabi are sited. Both views from the salafi and the Hanifis - what else are you looking for your exactly and if you have another answer that says that one cannot marry a Jew or a christian then show it?

~ Sabr ~
03-23-2016, 01:20 PM
That isn't Tafsir, lol

Futuwwa
03-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Neither is just saying "tafsir" an argument for anything.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.