/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chatting

MuhammadIbrahim
03-18-2016, 09:33 PM
I want to know if chatting politely with a foreigner woman on chatting websites is prohibited in Islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
03-18-2016, 09:41 PM
Ibn 'Umar :ra: narrated:
" 'Umar :ra: delivered a Khutbah to us at Al-Jabiyah. He said: 'O you people! Indeed I have stood among you as the Messenger of Allah :saws: stood among us, and he said: "I order you (to stick to) my Companions, then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then lying will spread until a man will take an oath when no oath was sought from him, and a witness will testify when his testimony was not sought. Behold! A man is not alone with a woman but the third of them is Ash-Shaitan. Adhere to the Jama'ah, beware of separation, for indeed Ash-Shaitan is with one, and he is further away from two. Whoever wants the best place in Paradise, then let him stick to the Jama'ah. Whoever rejoices with his good deeds and grieves over his evil deeds, then that is the believer among you.'" [Tirmidhi]

MuhammadIbrahim
03-18-2016, 09:52 PM
Brother Ibn Adam,
I would like to thank you for your useful advice. May Allah The Almighty reward you!

Ridwaan Ravat
03-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Assalamualykum.

Chatting to local and foreign persons of the opposite gender is totally prohibited, whether done politely or otherwise.

May Allah protect and save us. Aameen

Request duaas

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
03-21-2016, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan Ravat
Assalamualykum.

Chatting to local and foreign persons of the opposite gender is totally prohibited, whether done politely or otherwise.

Request duaas
Why are you on this forum then?

strivingobserver98
03-21-2016, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
Why are you on this forum then?
The Questioner mentioned "Chatting websites". IslamicBoard doesn't have a shoutbox chat system.

This is an Islamic forum, there are guidelines in place.

Beneficial read here :): http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ect-forum.html

Moshy
03-22-2016, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan Ravat
Assalamualykum.

Request duaas
Talking to the opposite gender isn't wrong.

Just stay within the limit. There is such thing as a "friend zone" that I believe you should avoid and stay out of when it comes to the opposite gender and non mahram [emoji16]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.