/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Glorification of the british empire

GINGERBEARDMAN
03-19-2016, 10:13 AM
https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...016/03/19/410/

By Muhammad Dilwar Hussain

Personally, I feel very uncomfortable with the glorification of Muslims who fought for the colonial British Empire during WW1 to show how “loyal” we are to this country.

First and foremost, I don’t think anyone can accurately ubstantiate whether the tens of thousands of Muslims who fought for the British did so out of their own will, or whether it was under duress or desperation in seeking a better life.

However, what we do know is that the Muslim soldiers who refused to fight the Ottomans were lined up and slaughtered in what is infamously known as the Singapore Mutiny of 1915...

Full article linked top of the post

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
03-23-2016, 05:48 PM
WW1 was a misery for the Ottoman Empire. It was the first time the Sultan who was also the Khalifa called all muslims for a Jihad but yet not only colonial (British and French) muslims fought against them but also Arabs who were living in the Empire fought against them. Allah wanted this Empire cease to exist. There is not another explanation. And you Brits were very clever then hehe :p

M.I.A.
03-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Wikipedia has another take on the mutiny..

As for nationalism I'm not one to actually promote such a thing...

Although the merits of each society cannot be overlooked.

Tribalism with respect to the Quran is not in itself a bad thing. I recall that the twelve tribes of Israel were all given there own place by Allah swt.

Although I am very ignorant on the matter.

...if I were asked to take sides then that is a choice..

Weather it is individual or departmental or governmental.

In most cases I know both parties.

On the subject of the Ottoman empire I found a recent thread on a decidedly shadey board..

I mean reddit :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/history/com...pire_collapse/

Repeated mentioning of nationalism makes it more relevant than my post.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.