PDA

View Full Version : 5 Reason Why Yasir Qadhi Is WRONG

BilalKid
03-19-2016, 10:37 AM
dislike video!! :raging:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GINGERBEARDMAN
03-19-2016, 10:46 AM
I actually like the video, he makes many valid points about Yasir Qadhi and how he is taking Muslims in the west away from the scholars and towards a deviant understanding of islam

Alpha Dude
03-19-2016, 11:10 AM
It's foolish to promote a video you dislike.

Serinity
03-19-2016, 11:34 AM
I don't dislike the video.. I rather not get doubts about my deen. :) Study under people you KNOW know their Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
03-19-2016, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
I don't dislike the video.. I rather not get doubts about my deen. :) Study under people you KNOW know their Islam.
How are you certain that Imran KNOWS Islam?

Serinity
03-19-2016, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
How are you certain that Imran KNOWS Islam?
Haven't seen much bad about him. I guess. :D

saif-uddin
03-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Yasir Qadhi had lost the plot, like other so called American "shuyookh"

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

BilalKid
03-19-2016, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saif-uddin
Yasir Qadhi had lost the plot, like other so called American "shuyookh"

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
how?? ^o)

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
It's foolish to promote a video you dislike.
shared to see opinion :shade:

saif-uddin
03-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Watch the video, ample Proof from the Qur'an and Sunnah are given to show Yasir Qadhi is promoting Biddah

azc
03-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Finding faults isn't a good amal.

Scimitar
03-19-2016, 06:51 PM
MODERATORS.... DO YA THANG, YEAAAAHHHH...:shade::shade::shade::shade::shade::s hade:

crookedrib
03-20-2016, 05:36 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with him and I personally think this is his best video so far. And I recommend every Yasir Qadhi fan to watch the ENTIRE video instead of getting emotional and disliking it before even listening to what Imraan has to say.

format_quote Originally Posted by azc
That's not what he's doing though, he's warning people about his false and corrupted beliefs.

What Yasir Qadhi says:
1- Islam needs a reformation
2- We don't need to stick to the understanding of the salaf
3- We don't need to refer back to the true scholors in terms of religious matters
4- We need to stick together and unite with other sects/innovators
5- There is no one correct path

Astaghfirullah Al'atheem, Allahumma Ihdinaa assiraat almustaqeem and may Allah bless brother imraan for his efforts.

azc
03-20-2016, 06:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crookedrib
I wholeheartedly agree with him and I personally think this is his best video so far. And I recommend every Yasir Qadhi fan to watch the ENTIRE video instead of getting emotional and disliking it before even listening to what Imraan has to say.That's not what he's doing though, he's warning people about his false and corrupted beliefs.What Yasir Qadhi says:1- Islam needs a reformation2- We don't need to stick to the understanding of the salaf3- We don't need to refer back to the true scholors in terms of religious matters4- We need to stick together and unite with other sects/innovators 5- There is no one correct pathAstaghfirullah Al'atheem, Allahumma Ihdinaa assiraat almustaqeem and may Allah bless brother imraan for his efforts.
nobody is perfect. So take the 'good views' and ignore the 'bad ones'. Neither of them is my favourite. Moreover, I don't like such professional scholars.

crookedrib
03-20-2016, 06:51 AM
nobody is perfect. So take the 'good views' and ignore the 'bad ones'. Neither of them is my favourite. Moreover, I don't like such professional scholars.
I know no one's perfect but it's difficult to take the good and ignore the bad from people like him, especially for the average Muslim. Da'wah man isn't my favourite either but at least he seems to be on the haqq.

azc
03-20-2016, 06:58 AM
^ I think we should agree to disagree on this issue

ajr
03-20-2016, 09:46 AM
Salaam,

Trust i get what everyone is saying...with regards to some comments about ''finding faults is not a good amal''...this is true...we should focus on the good, but that being said, Quran and Sunnah is our Guidance and with that we have some scholars that are trying rather blatantly to mislead and we accept that because we have in ourselves no clarity in Deen...now before you all bite my head off...what i mean by that is we have nafs, and shaitaan is to us an avowed enemy so we lean towards what our scholars say which in some instances are blatantly against Quran and Sunnah...yes, yes you will all have a different opinion on this...

we are allowed to judge...

''...and if you judge, judge with justice between them. Verily, Allah loves those who act justly. #Quran5:42

yes we should focus on the good, you should try to make 70 excuses for your brother...but dear members of this forum...

Sometimes certain things are in essence just too blatant to ignore...so who would you rather defy? Allah or man?

Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day;" but they do not (really) believe. (Surah Al-Baqara, 8)

Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise (it) not! (Surah Al-Baqara, 9)

In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves). (Surah Al-Baqara, 10)

When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth," they say: "Why, we only Want to make peace!" (Surah Al-Baqara, 11)

Of a surety, they are the ones who make mischief, but they realise (it) not. (Surah Al-Baqara, 12)

When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe:" They say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" Nay, of a surety they are the fools, but they do not know. (Surah Al-Baqara, 13)

When they meet those who believe, they say: "We believe;" but when they are alone with their evil ones, they say: "We are really with you: We (were) only jesting." (Surah Al-Baqara, 14)

Allah will throw back their mockery on them, and give them rope in their trespasses; so they will wander like blind ones (To and fro). (Surah Al-Baqara, 15)

These are they who have bartered Guidance for error: But their traffic is profitless, and they have lost true direction, (Surah Al-Baqara, 16)

Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him, Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness.So they could not see. (Surah Al-Baqara, 17)

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). (Surah Al-Baqara, 18)

Or (another similitude) is that of a rain-laden cloud from the sky: In it are zones of darkness, and thunder and lightning: They press their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunder-clap, the while they are in terror of death.But Allah is ever round the rejecters of Faith! (Surah Al-Baqara, 19)

The lightning all but snatches away their sight; every time the light (Helps) them, they walk therein, and when the darkness grows on them, they stand still.And if Allah willed, He could take away their faculty of hearing and seeing; for Allah hath power over all things. (Surah Al-Baqara, 20)

Those who break Allah.s Covenant after it is ratified, and who sunder what Allah Has ordered to be joined, and do mischief on earth: These cause loss (only) to themselves. (Surah Al-Baqara, 27)

There is the type of man whose speech about this world's life May dazzle thee, and he calls Allah to witness about what is in his heart; yet is he the most contentious of enemies. (Surah Al-Baqara, 204)

When it is said to him, "Fear Allah., He is led by arrogance to (more) crime.Enough for him is Hell;-An evil bed indeed (To lie on)! (Surah Al-Baqara, 206)

He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book: In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical.But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings, but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah.And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding. (Surah Al-Imran, 7)

After (the excitement) of the distress, He sent down calm on a band of you overcome with slumber, while another band was stirred to anxiety by their own feelings, Moved by wrong suspicions of Allah.suspicions due to ignorance.They said: "What affair is this of ours?" Say thou: "Indeed, this affair is wholly Allah.s." They hide in their minds what they dare not reveal to thee.They say (to themselves): "If we had had anything to do with this affair, We should not have been in the slaughter here." Say: "Even if you had remained in your homes, those for whom death was decreed would certainly have gone forth to the place of their death"; but (all this was) that Allah might test what is in your breasts and purge what is in your hearts.For Allah knoweth well the secrets of your hearts. (Surah Al-Imran, 154)

O ye who believe! Be not like the Unbelievers, who say of their brethren, when they are travelling through the Earth or engaged in fighting: "If they had stayed with us, they would not have died, or been slain." This that Allah may make it a cause of sighs and regrets in their hearts.It is Allah that gives Life and Death, and Allah sees well all that ye do. (Surah Al-Imran, 156)

What ye suffered on the day the two armies Met, was with the leave of Allah, in order that He might test the believers,- (Surah Al-Imran, 166)

And the Hypocrites also.These were told: "Come, fight in the way of Allah, or (at least) drive (The foe from your city)." They said: "Had we known how to fight, we should certainly have followed you." They were that day nearer to Unbelief than to Faith, saying with their lips what was not in their hearts but Allah hath full knowledge of all they conceal. (Surah Al-Imran, 167)

(They are) the ones that say, (of their brethren slain), while they themselves sit (at ease): "If only they had listened to us they would not have been slain." Say: "Avert death from your own selves, if ye speak the truth." (Surah Al-Imran, 168)

Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who declare that they believe in the revelations that have come to thee and to those before thee? Their (real) wish is to resort together for judgment (in their disputes) to the Evil One, though they were ordered to reject him.But Satan's wish is to lead them astray far away (from the right). (Surah An-Nisa’, 60)

When it is said to them: "Come to what Allah hath revealed, and to the Messenger.: Thou seest the Hypocrites avert their faces from thee in disgust. (Surah An-Nisa’, 61)

How then, when they are seized by misfortune, because of the deeds which they hands have sent forth? Then their come to thee, swearing by Allah."We meant no more than good-will and conciliation!" (Surah An-Nisa’, 62)

Those men,-(Allah) knows what is in their hearts; so keep clear of them, but admonish them, and speak to them a word to reach their very souls. (Surah An-Nisa’, 63)

We sent not an apostle, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the will of Allah.If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come unto thee and asked Allah.s forgiveness, and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful. (Surah An-Nisa’, 64)

But no, by the Lord, they can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction. (Surah An-Nisa’, 65)

If We had ordered them to sacrifice their lives or to leave their homes, very few of them would have done it: But if they had done what they were (actually) told, it would have been best for them, and would have gone farthest to strengthen their (faith); (Surah An-Nisa’, 66)

There are certainly among you men who would tarry behind: If a misfortune befalls you, they say: "(Allah) did favour us in that we were not present among them." (Surah An-Nisa’, 72)

But if good fortune comes to you from Allah, they would be sure to say - as if there had never been Ties of affection between you and them - "Oh! I wish I had been with them; a fine thing should I then have made of it!" (Surah An-Nisa’, 73)

Hast thou not turned Thy vision to those who were told to hold back their hands (from fight) but establish regular prayers and spend in regular charity? When (at length) the order for fighting was issued to them, behold! a section of them feared men as - or even more than - they should have feared Allah.They said: "Our Lord! Why hast Thou ordered us to fight? Wouldst Thou not Grant us respite to our (natural) term, near (enough)?" Say: "Short is the enjoyment of this world: the Hereafter is the best for those who do right: Never will ye be dealt with unjustly in the very least! (Surah An-Nisa’, 77)

"Wherever ye are, death will find you out, even if ye are in towers built up strong and high!" If some good befalls them, they say, "This is from Allah.; but if evil, they say, "This is from thee" (O Prophet).Say: "All things are from Allah." But what hath come to these people, that they fail to understand a single fact? (Surah An-Nisa’, 78)

He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah.But if any turn away, We have not sent thee to watch over their (evil deeds). (Surah An-Nisa’, 80)

They have "Obedience" on their lips; but when they leave thee, a section of them Meditate all night on things very different from what thou tellest them.But Allah records their nightly (plots): So keep clear of them, and put thy trust in Allah, and enough is Allah as a disposer of affairs. (Surah An-Nisa’, 81).

Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy. (Surah An-Nisa’, 82)

When there comes to them some matter touching (Public) safety or fear, they divulge it.If they had only referred it to the Messenger, or to those charged with authority among them, the proper investigators would have Tested it from them (direct).Were it not for the Grace and Mercy of Allah unto you, all but a few of you would have fallen into the clutches of Satan. (Surah An-Nisa’, 83)

Why should ye be divided into two parties about the Hypocrites? Allah hath upset them for their (evil) deeds.Would ye guide those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way? For those whom Allah hath thrown out of the Way, never shalt thou find the Way. (Surah An-Nisa’, 88)

They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden).But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks;- (Surah An-Nisa’, 89)

Except those who join a group between whom and you there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with hearts restraining them from fighting you as well as fighting their own people.If Allah had pleased, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you: Therefore if they withdraw from you but fight you not, and (instead) send you (Guarantees of) peace, then Allah Hath opened no way for you (to war against them). (Surah An-Nisa’, 90)

Others you will find that wish to gain your confidence as well as that of their people: Every time they are sent back to temptation, they succumb thereto: if they withdraw not from you nor give you (guarantees) of peace besides restraining their hands, seize them and slay them wherever ye get them: In their case We have provided you with a clear argument against them. (Surah An-Nisa’, 91)

They may hide (Their crimes) from men, but they cannot hide (Them) from Allah, seeing that He is in their midst when they plot by night, in words that He cannot approve: And Allah Doth compass round all that they do. (Surah An-Nisa’, 108)

But for the Grace of Allah to thee and his Mercy, a party of them would certainly have plotted to lead thee astray.But (in fact) they will only Lead their own souls astray, and to thee they can do no harm in the least.For Allah hath sent down to thee the Book and wisdom and taught thee what thou Knewest not (before): And great is the Grace of Allah unto thee. (Surah An-Nisa’, 113)

In most of their secret talks there is no good: But if one exhorts to a deed of charity or justice or conciliation between men, (Secrecy is permissible): To him who does this, seeking the good pleasure of Allah, We shall soon give a reward of the highest (value). (Surah An-Nisa’, 114)

If anyone contends with the Messenger even after guidance has been plainly conveyed to him, and follows a path other than that becoming to men of Faith, We shall leave him in the path he has chosen, and land him in Hell,- what an evil refuge! (Surah An-Nisa’, 115)

Those who believe, then reject faith, then believe (again) and (again) reject faith, and go on increasing in unbelief,- Allah will not forgive them nor guide them nor guide them on the way. (Surah An-Nisa’, 137)

To the Hypocrites give the glad tidings that there is for them (but) a grievous penalty;- (Surah An-Nisa’, 138)

Yea, to those who take for friends unbelievers rather than believers: is it honour they seek among them? Nay,- all honour is with Allah. (Surah An-Nisa’, 139)

Already has He sent you Word in the Book, that when ye hear the signs of Allah held in defiance and ridicule, ye are not to sit with them unless they turn to a different theme: if ye did, ye would be like them.For Allah will collect the hypocrites and those who defy faith - all in Hell:- (Surah An-Nisa’, 140)

(These are) the ones who wait and watch about you: if ye do gain a victory from Allah, they say: "Were we not with you?"- but if the unbelievers gain a success, they say (to them): "Did we not gain an advantage over you, and did we not guard you from the believers?" but Allah will judge betwixt you on the Day of Judgment.And never will Allah grant to the unbelievers a way (to triumphs) over the believers. (Surah An-Nisa’, 141)
The Hypocrites - they think they are over-reaching Allah, but He will over- reach them: When they stand up to prayer, they stand without earnestness, to be seen of men, but little do they hold Allah in remembrance; (Surah An-Nisa’, 142)

(They are) distracted in mind even in the midst of it,- being (sincerely) for neither one group nor for another whom Allah leaves straying,- never wilt thou find for him the way. (Surah An-Nisa’, 143)

O ye who believe! Take not for friends unbelievers rather than believers: Do ye wish to offer Allah an open proof against yourselves? (Surah An-Nisa’, 144)

The Hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire: no helper wilt thou find for them;- (Surah An-Nisa’, 145)

Except for those who repent, mend (their lives) hold fast to Allah, and purify their religion as in Allah.s sight: if so they will be (numbered) with the believers.And soon will Allah grant to the believers a reward of immense value (Surah An-Nisa’, 146)

O Messenger.let not those grieve thee, who race each other into unbelief: (whether it be) among those who say "We believe" with their lips but whose hearts have no faith; or it be among the Jews,- men who will listen to any lie,- will listen even to others who have never so much as come to thee.They change the words from their (right) times and places: they say, "If ye are given this, take it, but if not, beware!" If any one's trial is intended by Allah, thou hast no authority in the least for him against Allah.For such - it is not Allah.s will to purify their hearts.For them there is disgrace in this world, and in the Hereafter a heavy punishment. (Surah Al-Ma’ida, 41)

Do they then seek after a judgment of (the days of) ignorance? But who, for a people whose faith is assured, can give better judgment than Allah. (Surah Al-Ma’ida, 50)

Those in whose hearts is a disease - thou seest how eagerly they run about amongst them, saying: "We do fear lest a change of fortune bring us disaster." Ah! perhaps Allah will give (thee) victory, or a decision according to His will.Then will they repent of the thoughts which they secretly harboured in their hearts. (Surah Al-Ma’ida, 52)

And those who believe will say: "Are these the men who swore their strongest oaths by Allah, that they were with you?" All that they do will be in vain, and they will fall into (nothing but) ruin. (Surah Al-Ma’ida, 53)

If there had been immediate gain (in sight), and the journey easy, they would (all) without doubt have followed thee, but the distance was long, (and weighed) on them.They would indeed swear by Allah, "If we only could, we should certainly have come out with you": They would destroy their own souls; for Allah doth know that they are certainly lying. (Surah At-Tawba, 42)

Allah give thee grace! why didst thou grant them until those who told the truth were seen by thee in a clear light, and thou hadst proved the liars? (Surah At-Tawba, 43)

Those who believe in Allah and the Last Day ask thee for no exemption from fighting with their goods and persons.And Allah knoweth well those who do their duty. (Surah At-Tawba, 44)

Only those ask thee for exemption who believe not in Allah and the Last Day, and whose hearts are in doubt, so that they are tossed in their doubts to and fro. (Surah At-Tawba, 45)

If they had intended to come out, they would certainly have made some preparation therefor; but Allah was averse to their being sent forth; so He made them lag behind, and they were told, "Sit ye among those who sit (inactive)." (Surah At-Tawba, 46).

If they had come out with you, they would not have added to your (strength) but only (made for) disorder, hurrying to and fro in your midst and sowing sedition among you, and there would have been some among you who would have listened to them.But Allah knoweth well those who do wrong. (Surah At-Tawba, 47)

Indeed they had plotted sedition before, and upset matters for thee, until,- the Truth arrived, and the Decree of Allah became manifest much to their disgust. (Surah At-Tawba, 48)

Among them is (many) a man who says: "Grant me exemption and draw me not into trial." Have they not fallen into trial already? and indeed Hell surrounds the Unbelievers (on all sides). (Surah At-Tawba, 49)

If good befalls thee, it grieves them; but if a misfortune befalls thee, they say, "We took indeed our precautions beforehand," and they turn away rejoicing. (Surah At-Tawba, 50)

Say: "Nothing will happen to us except what Allah has decreed for us: He is our protector": and on Allah let the Believers put their trust. (Surah At-Tawba, 51)

Say: "Can you expect for us (any fate) other than one of two glorious things- (Martyrdom or victory)? But we can expect for you either that Allah will send his punishment from Himself, or by our hands.So wait (expectant); we too will wait with you." (Surah At-Tawba, 52)

Say: "Spend (for the cause) willingly or unwillingly: not from you will it be accepted: for ye are indeed a people rebellious and wicked." (Surah At-Tawba, 53)

The only reasons why their contributions are not accepted are: that they reject Allah and His Messenger.that they come to prayer without earnestness; and that they offer contributions unwillingly. (Surah At-Tawba, 54)

Let not their wealth nor their (following in) sons dazzle thee: in reality Allah.s plan is to punish them with these things in this life, and that their souls may perish in their (very) denial of Allah. (Surah At-Tawba, 55)

They swear by Allah that they are indeed of you; but they are not of you: yet they are afraid (to appear in their true colours). (Surah At-Tawba, 56)

If they could find a place to flee to, or caves, or a place of concealment, they would turn straightaway thereto, with an obstinate rush. (Surah At-Tawba, 57)

And among them are men who slander thee in the matter of (the distribution of) the alms: if they are given part thereof, they are pleased, but if not, behold! they are indignant! (Surah At-Tawba, 58)

If only they had been content with what Allah and His Messenger gave them, and had said, "Sufficient unto us is Allah.Allah and His Messenger will soon give us of His bounty: to Allah do we turn our hopes!" (that would have been the right course). (Surah At-Tawba, 59)

Among them are men who molest the Prophet and say, "He is (all) ear." Say, "He listens to what is best for you: he believes in Allah, has faith in the Believers, and is a Mercy to those of you who believe." But those who molest the Messenger will have a grievous penalty. (Surah At-Tawba, 61)

Know they not that for those who oppose Allah and His Messenger, is the Fire of Hell?- wherein they shall dwell (Surah At-Tawba, 63)

The Hypocrites are afraid lest a Sura should be sent down about them, showing them what is (really passing) in their hearts.Say: "Mock ye! But verily Allah will bring to light all that ye fear (should be revealed). (Surah At-Tawba, 64)

If thou dost question them, they declare (with emphasis): "We were only talking idly and in play." Say: "Was it at Allah, and His Signs, and His Messenger, that ye were mocking?" (Surah At-Tawba, 65)

Make ye no excuses: ye have rejected Faith after ye had accepted it.If We pardon some of you, We will punish others amongst you, for that they are in sin. (Surah At-Tawba, 66)

The Hypocrites, men and women, (have an understanding) with each other: They enjoin evil, and forbid what is just, and are close with their hands.They have forgotten Allah.so He hath forgotten them.Verily the Hypocrites are rebellious and perverse. (Surah At-Tawba, 67)

Allah hath promised the Hypocrites men and women, and the rejecters, of Faith, the fire of Hell: Therein shall they dwell: Sufficient is it for them: for them is the curse of Allah, and an enduring punishment,- (Surah At-Tawba, 68)

As in the case of those before you: they were mightier than you in power, and more flourishing in wealth and children.They had their enjoyment of their portion: and ye have of yours, as did those before you; and ye indulge in idle talk as they did.They!- their work are fruitless in this world and in the Hereafter, and they will lose (all spiritual good). (Surah At-Tawba, 69)

O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them.Their abode is Hell,- an evil refuge indeed. (Surah At-Tawba, 73)

They swear by Allah that they said nothing (evil), but indeed they uttered blasphemy, and they did it after accepting Islam; and they meditated a plot which they were unable to carry out: this revenge of theirs was (their) only return for the bounty with which Allah and His Messenger had enriched them! If they repent, it will be best for them; but if they turn back (to their evil ways), Allah will punish them with a grievous penalty in this life and in the Hereafter: They shall have none on earth to protect or help them. (Surah At-Tawba, 74)

Amongst them are men who made a covenant with Allah, that if He bestowed on them of His bounty, they would give (largely) in charity, and be truly amongst those who are righteous. (Surah At-Tawba, 75)

But when He did bestow of His bounty, they became covetous, and turned back (from their covenant), averse (from its fulfilment). (Surah At-Tawba, 76)

So He hath put as a consequence hypocrisy into their hearts, (to last) till the Day, whereon they shall meet Him: because they broke their covenant with Allah, and because they lied (again and again). (Surah At-Tawba, 77)

May Allah Guide us all to the path of those whom He has favoured. May we all be raised on the day of Qiyaamah as muslims and may our lights not be extinguished...Ameen Allahuma Ameen

saif-uddin
03-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Depends

When we are talking about Daees and so called scholars who spread Biddah, which leads people to Jahannam,

It's allowed, in fact necessary,

So others arnt misguided,

جزاك الله خيرا

OmarHaider
03-20-2016, 01:13 PM
First off I like sheikh YQ but recognise he has mistakes - he is human. With that being said I disagree with the video Imran did, first off I think the lecture at hand that Imran has taken short snippets from (I have never been a fan of this as it can manipulate the watching audience in to a false state of thinking) has been well taken out of context.

As the talk sheikh YQ did his biggest mistake was saying 'reformation' What he meant was changing the mindset of today's Muslims, also he is saying use your own local scholars for rulings relating to your local reality etc.

Secondly most of general public will now think sheikh YQ is a man of innovation etc, when in reality he isn't.

To conclude I like sheikh YQ, he has mistakes. Imran shouldn't of released that video.

OmarHaider
03-20-2016, 01:21 PM
One thing I have leant over the years, when you see a refutation video, always watch the video that's been refuted.

ardianto
03-20-2016, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crookedrib
What Yasir Qadhi says:
1- Islam needs a reformation
2- We don't need to stick to the understanding of the salaf
3- We don't need to refer back to the true scholors in terms of religious matters
4- We need to stick together and unite with other sects/innovators
5- There is no one correct path
I guess, Yasir Qadhi actually was talking about Salafi group, but then someone 'twisted' his statement. So, sound like he criticize all Muslims in general.

saif-uddin
03-20-2016, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I guess, Yasir Qadhi actually was talking about Salafi group, but then someone 'twisted' his statement. So, sound like he criticize all Muslims in general.
He said he has doubts about Islam,

Read what Allah tala said ...

Surah Al-Hujraat, Ayah 15:

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَرْتَابُوا وَجَاهَدُوا بِأَمْوَالِهِمْ وَأَنفُسِهِمْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الصَّادِقُونَ

Only those are the believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger, and afterward DOUBT NOT but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allah. Those! They are the truthful.

Yasir Qadhi didn't just say he has doubts, he said everyone has,

Contradicting the Ayah above, which clearly indicates true believers have no doubt about Islam.

Even in the beginning of Surah Baqarah, what does Allah tala says about the Qur'an?

The Book that contains no doubt.

Go do a search on the word doubt and see the Ayaat which talk about those in doubt,

There was no twisting. Yasir Qadhi just went off his rocker with his personal opinion nonsense. Not a single Ayah or Hadith to back up his dubious claims,

جزاك الله خيرا

saif-uddin
03-20-2016, 03:42 PM
Yasir Qadhi is in confusion,

Allah tala clearly stated the Siratal Mustaqim,

It's the only way,

The Qur'an and Sunnah, the example of the messenger salallahu عليه السلام‎ and the Sahaba radiallahu anhum and the righteous predecessors as stated in the Hadith.
Hi
We haven't been left to mere opinions/schism.

The Deen has been made clear, and Rasulullah salallahu عليه السلام‎ has clearly fulfilled his Responsibility and delivered to us the message of Islam.

جزاك الله خيرا

saif-uddin
03-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Yasir Qadhi like Hamza Yusuf has lot the plot,

It's a recurring observation, unfortunately,

Western centres of education create Murtads, Kuffar, Hypocrites and Biddatis,

Even Numan Ali Khan mentioned this,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

azc
03-20-2016, 03:44 PM
@saif-uddin ... We need unity in ummah and each of us has to agree on kalima despite differences in opinion. No scholar is perfect and no scholar is certified to take you into jannah. We need to change this mentality that ''scholars of my sect are right and rest are wrong''. If fatwas of kufr of every sect are accepted then jannah will remain empty'' as we've fatwa of kufr against each other. Also I disagree with sh yasir qadhi on some issue .

saif-uddin
03-20-2016, 03:57 PM
@saif-uddin ... We need unity in ummah and each of us has to agree on kalima despite differences in opinion. No scholar is perfect and no scholar is certified to take you into jannah. We need to change this mentality that ''scholars of my sect are right and rest are wrong''. If fatwas of kufr of every sect are accepted then jannah will remain empty'' as we've fatwa of kufr against each other. Also I disagree with sh yasir qadhi on some issue .
There is no doubt we need unity,

But we don't go hand in hand with deviants, Munafiqoon etc we advise and correct them,

Kufr/Shirk/Biddah/Nifaaq is not something we overlook

saif-uddin
03-20-2016, 04:00 PM
Azc ample Proof for dangerous Deviant teachings by Yasir Qadhi have been. Shown above and in the video,

When you find someone doing this, we advise others against them, we advise them etc.

We don't say... "You said the kalima, so it's all good"

A Muslim cares for his brothers and sisters, that's why he warns others from being mislead

جزاك الله خيرا

M.I.A.
03-20-2016, 04:02 PM
I wrote a post and then deleted it, waaay too long.

Allah swt is able to forgive anything.. With the exception of shirk.

...our whole lives are a learning process and we should be able to admit our mistakes..

Especially if we are responsible for the guidance of others.

Hopefully none of us will be our worst selves when called to account..

May Allah swt allow us to remember others at there best.

..nobodys perfect.

I didn't watch the video past the first point at the moment so everything is benefit of the doubt

saif-uddin
03-20-2016, 04:12 PM
Did anybody say they were perfect?

Why are throwing red herrings about then?

Qadhi is misleading people with dangerous teachings, that's the reason he is being warned against,

saif-uddin
03-20-2016, 04:14 PM
If brothers or sisters are not gonna look at the evidences from the Qur'an and Sunnah to see how much of a serious Deviant teachings Yasir Qadhi is making, then there is no point posting your opinions.

جزاك الله خيرا

M.I.A.
03-20-2016, 04:21 PM
Well I said what I said because of use of Quran in the above post..

Sooner or later there is no escaping Allah swt.. No doubt about the religion.

...but if you were to say you could not better serve him or try and resolve faults within character or action..

Then you are selling yourself short.

...although I have no idea what that guy talks about?

azc
03-20-2016, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saif-uddin
There is no doubt we need unity,But we don't go hand in hand with deviants, Munafiqoon etc we advise and correct them,Kufr/Shirk/Biddah/Nifaaq is not something we overlook
May Allah swt give you hidayah. Ameen... Assalamu alaikum

ajr
03-20-2016, 06:11 PM
hmm...

why does post like these always call for moderators? lets review al fatiha...

1. Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
  2. Alhamdu lillaahi Rabbil 'aalameen
  3. Ar-Rahmaanir-Raheem
  4. Maaliki Yawmid-Deen
  5. Iyyaaka na'budu wa lyyaaka nasta'een
  6. Ihdinas-Siraatal-Mustaqeem
  7. Siraatal-lazeena an'amta 'alaihim ghayril-maghdoobi 'alaihim wa lad-daaalleen

1. In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
  2. Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
  3. Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
  4. Master of the Day of Judgment.
  5. Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
  6. Show us the straight way,
  7. The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath (Jews), and who go not astray (Christians).

Ameen

Review it in its totality...that is a duah you make everyday of your life (or you aught to be)...in it we praise Allah, we Glorify Him and then we affirming that we worship none but Him and it is His aid we seek (only) then we are asking Him for Guidance, asking of Him to safeguard us from the trials of those that came before us with the kitabs whereby they abondoned what was sent to them then we end off with Ameen...

So how do one deduce from the opening chapter, Umm Kitab, that you should have any doubts...

Yes, we make mistakes, and when we realize our error we should make taubah, yes?

But lets not confuse Islam with humanism lest you fall into error, Islam is a complete way of life and we are governed by the laws set forth in the Quran and Sunnah. We dont need to review our Islam, it has been completed for Allah tells us..
This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. #Quran 5:3

Yasir Qadhi has many a times tread on dangerous grounds with regards to how he conveys his opinions...

crookedrib
03-20-2016, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ajr
But lets not confuse Islam with humanism lest you fall into error, Islam is a complete way of life and we are governed by the laws set forth in the Quran and Sunnah. We dont need to review our Islam, it has been completed for Allah tells us..
This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. #Quran 5:3

Yasir Qadhi has many a times tread on dangerous grounds with regards to how he conveys his opinions...
Exactly. Allaah has already closed the doors to 'reconstructing' the deen through the revelation of this aayah. Why in the world would Islam need a reformation? Yasir Qadhi says that the Prophet :arabic5: and the sahaabah never faced Islamaphobia as we face it today. We have FREEDOM of religion while they had to hide their faith back then and were attacked way more severely than we are today. What about the times when he :arabic5: had garbage thrown on him during Salaah and when he had rocks thrown at him until he bled so much that his sandals were full of blood? Not only this, Yasir also says that all these gender roles/feminism/homosexuality is a new thing when the Qur'an CLEARLY states SEVERAL times about the qawm of Lut :as: and their men's desire for men. He is putting his own deen at risk here along with the hundreds of people that follow him.

Imraan himself said he used to follow Yasir and quote him on a regular basis so this isn't hate against him rather its concern for him and his followers.

May Allah guide us all.

M.I.A.
03-20-2016, 07:58 PM
Humanism... I don't follow.. It's just an extreme definition that belittles the value of thought and care.. With sprinkles of atheism to top it off.

...according to Google.

But yes, finding the path is easy.. Helping others onto it or keeping from being pushed off.. A lot harder.

M.I.A.
03-20-2016, 08:14 PM
Humanism... I don't follow.. It's just an extreme definition that belittles the value of thought and care.. With sprinkles of atheism to top it off.

...according to Google.

But yes, finding the path is easy.. Helping others onto it or keeping from being pushed off.. A lot harder.

Those with knowledge are not the same as those without..

Although I would assume the result is entirely dependent on what you do with it.

ajr
03-20-2016, 08:58 PM
You went to google for that...

Let me explain humanism in a nutshell...we are governed by emotions, we are governed by ''life'', we are governed by a misconcept of ''love'', we are governed by everything but where it matters most...so humanism will define us to be opinionated so much so that we will start uttering things like YQ. Now the question we should pose is what of the favours of your Lord do you deny?

Do not confuse the term humanism with being a human(this will confuse most, because you dont want to understand), shall i clarify?...we are human in so much that we err, that is a given, but when we go so far as to question Quran and Sunnah, start with blaspheme, uttering things that misleads mankind...biddah, saying things so that we can be tolerated as a ''peaceful'' people. Start with condemning things so that kuffar can pat us on the back or be invited to their gatherings...

We are warned in the Quran to not befriend the Yahud and Nasar, yet we will sit and debate this very harshly...humanism...afraid of man or Allah???

This world is but a test, once we realize that, accept that, and know our purpose on this earth as muslims, then the Quran and Sunnah will become much easier to implement...this Deen has been perfected, muslims are honoured in the Quran...

You are the best nation produced for mankind. You enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong and believe in Allah. #Q3:110

We can, and we most probably will go around in circles on this topic because we have not successfully embraced al Walaa wal Baraa (love what Allah loves, hate what Allah hates) and for the most part there is a simple explaination for it, it boils down to the misconcept of LOVE...we have adopted this romanticism of what love is, a mills and boons concept if you will...

Love for Allah is so much more, its implementation of His Laws, its abiding by His Laws...its loving the Prophet Muhammed SAW, by following in his example, but we will offer it in such a lazy way, we will shower those infront of us with courtesy and the portrayal of this humanism by saying things that will condemn muslims for whatever reason...yet we are told...

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are hard against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. #Quran 48:29

Certainly, you cant be blind about that...

If we think that the trial that we face today is hard then look back to when Islam was new, the trials the Prophet SAW faced was soo much more intense, he persevered with patience so that we could reap the rewards, so there is no room for error, we dont have to start over, we have to strive for it and earn it, thats our test, thats our trial...you should ask ''how do i want my end to be?''

People shy away from their Deen, and thats the cold hard truth, we make excuses, we become apologetic...embrace your Deen wholeheartedly, dont let it be a lip service...

M.I.A.
03-20-2016, 09:52 PM
...I guess each to his own.

Literally everyman has his beliefs tested and its the reactions that are the answers.

But as you say feminism is not new, homosexuality is not new all those concepts have been shown to the world before.

But for a time you are among those questioners..

What they seek by questioning you should be easily spotted.

...seriously some will repent, some will convert.. Although not sure who for.

Most people don't even get asked directly!

Say please and thank you often enough and even those will come back to you.

sofianeabi
03-20-2016, 11:44 PM
Imran ibn Mansur is great I really love him

OmarHaider
03-21-2016, 10:29 AM
You know what's really annoying me? when people say

"Don't dislike the video until you have watched it all?"

Really? Have you watched the lectures that the clips have been taken from, before you made your conclusion whether or no a person is a deviant (on a path to the hellfire) or not? No? Well i suggest

Muhammad ﷺ said: "Oh Ali, if two people come to ask you to judge between them, do not judge in favour of the first until you hear the word of the second in order that you may know how to judge." - Ahmad, Abu Dawud.

saif-uddin
03-22-2016, 08:14 AM
Akhi MIA,

Yasir Qadhi said he has doubts about Islam, says everybody has doubts ...

Allah tala says ...

Surah Al-Hujraat, Ayah 15:

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَرْتَابُوا وَجَاهَدُوا بِأَمْوَالِهِمْ وَأَنفُسِهِمْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الصَّادِقُونَ

Only those are the believers who have believed in Allah and His Messenger, and afterward doubt not but strive with their wealth and their lives for the Cause of Allah. Those! They are the truthful.

Who do you believe, Yasir Qadhi or Allah subhanahu watala?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.