/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-sayyid boy marrying a sayyid girl

Muslim Woman
03-19-2016, 01:33 PM
:sl:

Q: Can a non-sayyid boy marry a sayyid girl (a Haashimi girl from the family of Rasulullah [Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam])?

A: Though a non-sayyid boy is not a kufu (equal and compatible) for a sayyid Haashimi girl, however if the girl's father is pleased with the boy's Deen, level of piety, character and mannerisms, then it will be permissible for him to marry his daughter to the non-sayyid boy provided his daughter is also pleased with the nikaah.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

باب الأكفاء في الدين وقوله وهو الذي خلق من الماء بشرا فجعله نسبا وصهرا وكان ربك قديرا - حدثنا أبو اليمان أخبرنا شعيب عن الزهري قال أخبرني عروة بن الزبير عن عائشة رضي الله عنها أن أبا حذيفة بن عتبة بن ربيعة بن عبد شمس وكان ممن شهد بدرا مع النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم تبنى سالما وأنكحه بنت أخيه هند بنت الوليد بن عتبة بن ربيعة وهو مولى لامرأة من الأنصار كما تبنى النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم زيدا وكان من تبنى رجلا في الجاهلية دعاه الناس إليه وورث من ميراثه حتى أنزل الله ادعوهم لآبائهم إلى قوله ومواليكم فردوا إلى آبائهم فمن لم يعلم له أب كان مولى وأخا في الدين فجاءت سهلة بنت سهيل بن عمرو القرشي ثم العامري وهي امرأة أبي حذيفة بن عتبة النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فقالت يا رسول الله إنا كنا نرى سالما ولدا وقد أنزل الله فيه ما قد علمت فذكر الحديث.
حدثنا عبيد بن إسماعيل حدثنا أبو أسامة عن هشام عن أبيه عن عائشة قالت دخل رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم على ضباعة بنت الزبير فقال لها لعلك أردت الحج قالت والله لا أجدني إلا وجعة فقال لها حجي واشترطي وقولي اللهم محلي حيث حبستني وكانت تحت المقداد بن الأسود.
حدثنا مسدد حدثنا يحيى عن عبيد الله قال حدثني سعيد بن أبي سعيد عن أبيه عن أبي هريرة رضي الله عنه عن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم قال تنكح المرأة لأربع لمالها ولحسبها وجمالها ولدينها فاظفر بذات الدين تربت يداك.
حدثنا إبراهيم بن حمزة حدثنا ابن أبي حازم عن أبيه عن سهل قال مر رجل على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال ما تقولون في هذا قالوا حري إن خطب أن ينكح وإن شفع أن يشفع وإن قال أن يستمع قال ثم سكت فمر رجل من فقراء المسلمين فقال ما تقولون في هذا قالوا حري إن خطب أن لا ينكح وإن شفع أن لا يشفع وإن قال أن لا يستمع فقال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم هذا خير من ملء الأرض مثل هذا (بخاري 2/762)

( العجمي لا يكون كفؤا للعربية ولو ) كان العجمي ( عالما ) أو سلطانا ( وهو الأصح ) فتح عن الينابيع وادعى في البحر أنه ظاهر الرواية وأقره المصنف لكن في النهر إن فسر الحسيب بذي المنصب والجاه فغير كفء للعلوية كما في الينابيع وإن بالعالم فكفء لأن شرف العلم فوق شرف النسب والمال كما جزم به البزازي وارتضاه الكمال وغيره والوجه فيه ظاهر ولذا قيل إن عائشة أفضل من فاطمة رضي الله عنهما ذكره القهستاني (رد المحتار 3/ 92)

وأفاد المصنف أن غير العربي لا يكافئ العربي وإن كان حسيبا أو عالما لكن ذكر قاضيخان في جامعه قالوا الحسيب يكون كفئا للنسيب فالعالم العجمي يكون كفئا للجاهل العربي والعلوية لأن شرف العلم فوق شرف النسب والحسب مكارم الأخلاق في المحيط عن صدر الإسلام الحسيب الذي له جاه وحشمة ومنصب (البحر الرائق 3/ 140)

فتاوى محمودية 17/ 243

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kiro
03-19-2016, 02:23 PM
Thanks for sharing. Why are there rulings such as this?

crookedrib
03-19-2016, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
Thanks for sharing. Why are there rulings such as this?
Because sayyids say they're descendants of the Prophet :arabic5:. I'm pretty sure that's the reason.

Kiro
03-19-2016, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crookedrib
Because sayyids say they're descendants of the Prophet :arabic5:. I'm pretty sure that's the reason.
I don't really get it but ok

and SAW

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The-Deist
03-19-2016, 05:36 PM
What does it matter if they really are?

saif-uddin
03-19-2016, 05:47 PM
This thread makes no sense,

It's irrelevant if someone is a sayyid, a prince or a pauper,

We choose Righteous spouses by their Deen and character,

جزاك الله خيرا

saif-uddin
03-19-2016, 05:49 PM
Being a descendant of the family of the Rasul salallahu عليه السلام‎ doesn't mean they are automatically saved.

They have to work for Jannah just like anyone else.

saif-uddin
03-19-2016, 05:55 PM
https://islamqa.info/en/10527

saif-uddin
03-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Quote from the link above its talking about giving Zakaat to sayyids...

"The idea that there are “sayyids” or “walis” (“saints”) whom Allaah has singled out from among mankind for some favour, or that they have a status which other people do not share, is an idea which is based on the Magian belief that Allaah is “incarnated” in people He chooses from among mankind. The Persians used to believe this of their kings (Chosroes) , and that this spirit moved from one king to another, through his descendents. This Magian (Zoroastrian) idea spread to the Muslims via the Raafidi Shi’ah, whose origins are Magian – so this idea was introduced to the Muslims. This idea says that Allaah selects some of mankind, to the exclusion of others, for this status, which is the status ofimaamah*and*wilaayah. So they believe in this idea with regard to* ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib and his descendents, and they add other positions to that, such as*sayyid*and*aayah. This idea also spread to some misguided Sufi groups, such as the notion of*abdaal*and*qutb. They said that as this*sayyid*or*wali*has this position and status, then they know better what is in our best interests, so we should entrust our affairs to them, because they are better than us,*"

strivingobserver98
03-19-2016, 05:59 PM
:fatwa:

Using the word “Sayyid”

If a person is known by this title, there is nothing wrong with that, because the word “Sayyid” may be used for the leader of a people, or for a faqeeh or scholar, or for those who are descended from Faatimah through the children of al-Hasan and al-Husayn. All of these are forms of address which are well known among the people. The Arabs used to call tribal leaders and elders “Sayyid” (e.g. Sayyid Bani Foolaan – the leader of such-and-such tribe, etc). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used this word, when he asked some of the Arabs, “Who is your leader (sayyid), O Banu So-and-so? Who is your leader (sayyid), O Banu So-and-so?”, i.e., who is your chief? And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said concerning al-Hasan, “This son of mine is a sayyid and perhaps Allaah will reconcile two great groups of Muslims through him.” It is disliked (makrooh) to address a person as Ya sayyidi (O my master) or Yaa sayyidanaa (O our master), because when it was said to the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “You are our master,” he said, “The Master is Allaah, may He blessed and exalted”; and because this may make him conceited and proud. So we should not do that. Instead we should say, “O So and so” or “So Abu (father of) So and so,” using the names, kunyas (Abu So and so, etc.) and nicknames which are known.

With regard to using the phrases “Yaa Sayyidi” and “Yaa Sayyidanaa” when addressing one another, it is better not to do that.
https://islamqa.info/en/12625

saif-uddin
03-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Farhan were specifically talking about those who claim to be the descendants of Ali radiallahu anhu

crookedrib
03-19-2016, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
What does it matter if they really are?
Well most of them think they should get special treatment. There are so many people who claim to be sayyids its ridiculous.

At the end of the day no man is better than another except through piety.

saif-uddin
03-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Yeah true akhi Crookedrib

Hamza :)
03-19-2016, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saif-uddin
Yeah true akhi Crookedrib
You mean ukthi

saif-uddin
03-19-2016, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
You mean ukthi
Sorry,

Can you tell me how I can quickly check if it's akhi or ukthi on the app :(

saif-uddin
03-19-2016, 06:40 PM
Sorry,

Nevermind I found out,

Sorry Noob here brothers and sisters [emoji27]

strivingobserver98
03-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Sorry,

Click the username and look for "Gender".

Muslim Woman
03-20-2016, 02:29 PM

:nervous:

many people are against such marriage . So , thought it's better to spread the knowledge .

And Allah knows Best.

ardianto
03-20-2016, 02:50 PM
Is not a problem for non-sayyid boy if he cannot marry sayyid girl because he still can marry non-sayyid girls that can be found in everywhere. His chance to choose and get a wife is still big.

But will become a problem for sayyid girl if she cannot marry non sayyid because the number of sayyid boys is very few. So her chance to choose and get a husband will be very small.

saif-uddin
03-20-2016, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

:nervous:

many people are against such marriage . So , thought it's better to spread the knowledge .

And Allah knows Best.
Many people are ignorant, ukthi.

Permissibility of marrying a person has nothing to do with lineage,

The criteria to choose a wife or a husband respectively is Deen and Akhlaq as stated in the Hadith,

جزاك الله خيرا

~ Sabr ~
03-21-2016, 11:03 AM

It's irrelevant if someone is a sayyid, a prince or a pauper,

We choose Righteous spouses by their Deen and character,

جزاك الله خيرا
This.

The-Deist
03-21-2016, 03:55 PM
Well most of them think they should get special treatment. There are so many people who claim to be sayyids its ridiculous.

Next time I see someone claim that I'll give them worse treatment.

ardianto
03-21-2016, 04:08 PM

But some Muslims indeed treat sayyid excessively. When a non-sayyid aleem comes to give lecture, people welcome him just as usual. But when a sayyid aleem comes, people welcome him with songs, fireworks, etc.

Serinity
03-21-2016, 04:27 PM
This whole thing makes people think that Allah has chosen people etc......... Or favoured them by birth etc.

It doesn't sound right for Allah to favour someone over someone else based on race, or birthplace.

Allah does not look at whether you are an arab.. Abu lahab was The Prophet SAW's uncle AFAIK, and it did NOT save him from Hell.

It doesn't sit right with me, cuz it seems to go against wisdom. And I know Allah looks at the heart. So even if you are a descendant of the Prophet SAW, it won't save you from Hellfire..

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.