/* */

PDA

View Full Version : lamb for dinner

BilalKid
03-19-2016, 03:32 PM
On group journeys, our beloved Prophet (s.a.w.*) would work like the others and would never let anybody work instead of him.

One day, the Prophet (s.a.w.*) and his companions were travelling. camel coloring in

When they reached a certain destination, they stopped their camels. They laid their loads down. Everybody was tired from the journey, but they were also very hungry. It was decided that they would sacrifice a lamb for dinner. The companions began to divide the tasks between themselves. pie chart 1

One of the companions volunteered: “I will sacrifice the lamb.” cooking colouring page

Another companion said: “I will skin it.”
Third companion said: “I will cook it.”
Fourth one: “I will …”
The Prophet (s.a.w.*) said: “I will gather the wood from the desert.”

The group: “O Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.*), it is not becoming of you to discomfort yourself as such. Please don’t worry about collecting wood. You can rest, you must be very tired. We will be honored to do all this on our own.”

The Prophet (s.a.w.*) would not let them do all the work. “I know that you are eager to do it all, but Allah isn’t pleased with the person who lets others work for him and he does not do anything. It is not right for a person to feel that he is better than others and he should just sit while others work for him.”

So the Prophet (s.a.w.*) went around looking for logs of wood to create a fire. He gathered some and brought them to the companions. Then they lit the fire upon which the lamb was cooked.lamb chops

Moral:
1) Everyone must work together
2) Do not set yourself above others.

Hadith

“It is true, but I do not like to attribute any distinction to myself. Allah does not like the man who considers himself superior to his companions.” (Zarqani, Vol 4 pg. 306)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.