/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Survey: US Muslims support Democrats and Hillary Clinton

Glac09
03-20-2016, 10:08 PM
A new survey by the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding think tank has found that American Muslims are very likely to vote Democrat and support Hillary Clinton in the upcoming presidential election.

In January the ISPU surveyed Muslims, Jews, Protestants, and Catholics to examine their attitudes on various issues, including politics, religion, violence, and identity.

The recently published report found that:

1. Muslims strongly prefer Democrats.

Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are a lot more popular with Muslims than are any Republican candidates. Clinton received 40 percent support from Muslims and Sanders 27 percent.

However, four percent of Muslims say they support Islamophobic candidate Donald Trump!

2. Muslims who attend mosque are much more active in local communities and politics.

The survey found no correlation between frequent mosque attendance and support for violence against civilians. However, frequent mosque attendance is correlated with higher levels of civic engagement. Muslims who say they regularly attend a mosque are more likely to work with their neighbours to solve community problems, be registered to vote, and to plan to vote.

3. Protestants are more likely than Muslims to think their religion should be the main source of law in America

One of the most common accusations about Muslims from Islamophobes is that they want to institute Sharia, or Islamic law, in America.

But the overwhelming majority of American Muslims do not think Islam should be the main source of US law.

4. Islamophobia is being experienced widely.

Almost two in three Muslims — 60 percent — reported facing some level of discrimination in the past year because of their religion, with 18 percent reporting regular discrimination and 26 percent reporting occasional discrimination.

The vast majority of Protestants (84 percent) and Catholics (83 percent) reported never having experienced such discrimination.

5. Yet Muslims are the religious group most satisfied with the way things are going in the country.

Despite reportedly experiencing more discrimination than any of the other faith groups, a majority of Muslims (68 percent) say they are satisfied with the way the country is going, compared with only 38 percent of Jews and 18 percent of both Catholics and Protestants.

The survey also found a staggering 78 percent approval rating, among Muslims, for President Obama — much higher than his national approval rating of about 50 percent.

More...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
03-21-2016, 05:30 AM
Isn't, Allah forbid anyone from having this opinion, preferring US law over Shariah Kufr? To my understanding it is.

azc
03-21-2016, 05:40 AM
But Fractured mandate may cause win for Donald trump

azc
03-21-2016, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
Isn't, Allah forbid anyone from having this opinion, preferring US law over Shariah Kufr? To my understanding it is.
It sounds that you find voting system as untouchable? Then, How Muslims should live in a non Muslim country? Have you seen clear guidelines in Quran o Hadith in this regard.? Plz enlighten me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
03-21-2016, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
It sounds that you find voting system as untouchable? Then, How Muslims should live in a non Muslim country? Have you seen clear guidelines in Quran o Hadith in this regard.? Plz enlighten me.
Really weird :?

I found 2 fatwas, the one said, if one votes in favour of the Muslims (ie. for the betterment of the Muslims) then it is OK. And one should not see it as approving of kufr. As it is done in the interest of Muslims, not out of love of kufr, and its people.

https://islamqa.info/en/3062 - This applies only to influential positions.

https://islamqa.info/en/107166 -

Perhaps some scholar can clarify.

azc
03-21-2016, 11:45 AM
^Really weird. This fatwa leaves serious repurcussions..... First voting (democracy) is proven as SHIRK and then sh uthaymeen declared it OBLIGATORY to take part in voting (shirk)! I don't see any validity in his logic (who does it)..... I'm fed up with these scholars who promptly declare one act as haram and the same act as halal.....??? This is why I don't find islamqa as the reliable site. I failed to find out the fatwa from islamqa regarding membership of Muslim countries in UN wherein Man made laws are followed. Each country is given the Right of VOTE. Is it haram or halal......???.........??? A Muslim living in a non Muslim country should go to court for justice or not,.....??? where ONLY man made laws are followed......???.........??? The fact is that voting is neither haram nor is obligatory, rather it's a right of the citizen of the country to elect his representative and he should use this right for what is good for his community and his country. (Allah swt knows best)

Pygoscelis
03-21-2016, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Interesting question, and oddly fits the OP and brings it full circle. If you take the position that you should follow "God's Law" over "Man's law", then you are stating a possible criminal intent (that you will not follow "man's law") and there is a good basis for people like Donald Trump to say that you should not be allowed in a secular country.

azc
03-21-2016, 06:03 PM
http://daruliftabirmingham.co.uk/voting-in-islam/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.