PDA

View Full Version : Prophet Muhammad (PBUH): 9 Healthy Habits That Science Later Proved



farhan
03-21-2016, 03:43 PM
1. Early Riser: Prophet Muhammad :saws: slept early and woke up with the Adhan of Fajr each day. Being an early riser has scientifically been correlated with better productivity, as well as better mental health in general. So, waking up early may be hard but with baby steps, even if it’s just waking up 15 minutes earlier to start with, you can begin improving your quality of life.

2. Eating Less: The practice of eating less to prevent sickness and disease was emphasized by Prophet Muhammad :saws:, and now backed heavily by science much later. The Islamic concept ‘1/3 for your food, 1/3 for your liquids, and 1/3 for your breath’ matches very closely to the Japanese ‘hara hachi bu’ concept, which means eat until you are only 80% full. Read more about the health benefits of the ‘hara hachi bu’ practice here: http://thedailycrisp.com/is-calorie-...-to-longevity/

3. Eating Slowly
: We now know that it takes our body 20 minutes to send signals to our brain that it is full. Slow eating will help you eat less food and improve your digestion, and it is a practice Muhammad :saws: did himself and strongly advocated. Read more about slow, mindful eating here: http://thedailycrisp.com/eat-mastering-mindful-eating/

4. Mindful Eating
: ‘Eat together and not separately, for the blessing is associated with the company’. The prophet stressed this, and today sharing and enjoying food has been proven to reduce stress, improve family and romantic relationships, and build healthy eating habits within children.

5. Water: ‘Do not drink water in one breath, but drink it in two or three breaths’, is the manner by which Muhammad :saws: drank water. Science today proves that when a person drinks too much water in a short period of time they can experience headaches, imbalance in blood electrolyte levels and sometimes dizziness too. Drinking slowly helps you actually absorb the fluid and get the most benefit out of it.

6. Pomegranates
: Pomegranates are thought to have been the prophet’s favorite fruit, and modern scientific research has proven pomegranates to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet. They contain manganese, which helps in the formation of bone structures during the metabolic process, and potassium, which aids in maintaining cellular function and keeps a balance in fluid levels. They are also potent in flavonoids and polyphenols, antioxidants which protect our bodies against heart disease.

7. Fasting: Recent evidence is showing that not just the food we eat, but our eating timings and patterns also have a profound impact on our health. Fasting was a regular practice of Muhammad’s :saws: life, not just during Ramadan. He would fast until Maghrib every Monday and Thursday, and also on the 13th, 14th and 15th of each month. This is similar to the intermittent fasting practice, which has been proven to balance hormone levels, prevent oxidative stress, and reduce overall inflammation. When you think about it, the less food you put into your body the less it focuses on digestion and the more it can focus on healing itself from certain ailments!

8. Dates: Dates are the perfect foods to break your fast as they stabilize your blood sugar levels, rebalance blood electrolyte levels, and help kick start your digestive system in preparation for food. Prophet Muhammad :saws: also recommended dates to be eaten in the lead up to childbirth. Dates are now proven to boost oxytocin production in your body and speed up labor.

9. Staying Active: Fulfilling three of the five pillars of Islam requires that Muslims be of sound health and fitness; prayer in itself is a form of exercise that requires movement of your body’s muscles and joints. Good health is also necessary if you intend to fast or participate in Hajj. Prophet Muhammad :saws: strongly encouraged physical exercise and told parents to encourage physical activity in their children too by ‘teaching them swimming, horse riding, and archery’.

Source
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
03-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Asalamualykum,

Pomegranate - wow never knew that was Prophet Muhammad SAW favourite fruit.

I'll remember that next time i eat one. In sha Allah.
Reply

farhan
03-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum,

Pomegranate - wow never knew that was Prophet Muhammad SAW favourite fruit.

I'll remember that next time i eat one. In sha Allah.
:wa:

Also see this thread, list of foods that the Prophet :saws: liked: http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...-benefits.html
Reply

farhan
05-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Benefits of having meal on the floor

The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said:"I do not eat while reclining. I am but a slave of Allah and I eat like a slave of Allah.'' and ''I eat like a slave eats and I sit like a slave sits.'' (Narrated by Abu Ya’laa, 8/318)

It was also narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) never ate at a khiwaan or a sikrujjah, and he never had any soft bread.” I said to Qutaadah: “What did he used to eat from?” He said, “A cloth (spread on the floor).”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5099).

Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
AHMED PATEL
10-14-2016, 01:59 PM
alhamdulillah the ummah needs to revive all the sunnah inshallah to get out of the rut we are in
physically and spiritually we gotta get our act together

each day try to get one more sunnah in to your life inshallah

http://www.inter-islam.org/hadeeth/stmenu.htm
Reply

gazzalii
10-26-2016, 02:09 PM
Good to hear this
Reply

MazharShafiq
02-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Islam have no need to approval of science . alhamdulillah we follow Islam only because of ان الدین عند اللہ الاسلام
Reply

Simple_Person
02-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Jazakallahu khairan i did not knew of some.

However, to add to the list is sitting when going to the bathroom. Best is off course to squat instead of the modern day bathrooms, but as many of us have a modern day bathroom, referring to the brothers is sitting is more beneficial.
Reply

Aaqib
02-05-2017, 08:26 PM
And some disgusting people make fun of the beautiful Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him). May Allah have no mercy on them.
Reply

Simple_Person
02-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by Aaqib
And some disgusting people make fun of the beautiful Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him). May Allah have no mercy on them.
Brother, what we rather should do is pity them instead of wasting our breath and time on those people. Why do i say this?

I KNOW and experienced what they have experienced for some part. Those people are so lost. The ones that spend their breath and time in insulting Rasullah(saws) are even further away from the truth. You have people who are NOT Muslims and don't bother with religion whatsoever, but also do not have hatred towards anybody. Then you have those people which you talk about. Those people ..hatred is eating them from within. For somebody who has an illness, you are not hateful to them, you rather feel sorry most of the time because they are sick. There are diseases that are cured by some kind of food or medicine. Then you have those diseases that no medicine can cure, because they are the obstacle themselves that is preventing the heart to heal from the illness. In this case many of those people who insult Rasullah(saws) have issues in their own lives or their hatred goes deep.

These people are so lost, that there is a BIG chance they can't come back from it. I mean to admit you were wrong and say that Rasullah(saws) was an amazing man instead of what they were insulting him for, is like saying iblis admitting to his mistake and doing sujood before the grave of Adam(as). I am not saying it is impossible for those people, because Allah(swt) only knows the future of many of these people. Some have just simply being brainwashed in to thinking what they are thinking of Rasullah(saws). Some i i think, are being paid to insult Rasullah(saws) in public and online.

I myself i do not hate those people. I pity them. Death is a certain fact. If they might die in that state, on the Day of Judgement ..there is nowhere to run to for them. Every moment that i think of these people and waste my breath on them is a moment wasted, as money can be earned back, but time not.
Reply

Aaqib
02-05-2017, 09:58 PM
I'm just expressing my anger bro. I'm mad at them at what they do.
Reply

Mustafa16
02-06-2017, 12:06 AM
MashaAllah, JazakAllaha khair for sharing....
Reply

talibilm
02-06-2017, 02:49 AM
:sl:

other sunnah do's and don'ts are

1) Washing your hands & rinsing mouth before eating (scientifically all doctors recommend that )

2) Not eating too hot or Too cold ( A doctor said that had bad effects on some parts of the digestive system )

3) Not to blow on water on exhale on it ( yes scientifically accepted)

4) eating with bare hand - fingers no knife etc ( there is some secretions from tips of our fingers that help digestion no wonder food touched wath bare hands get spoiled soon over night )

5) eating kharbuza -musk melon .a hadith said something like eating kharbuza before taking food will clear of diseases ( doctors say eating fruits etc before meals reduce the intake of rice and other carbohydrates and makes us feel full. sugar of fruits are not dangerous)


6) We have heard Prophet :saws: liked to eat sweet after a meal though I haven't seen a hadith about it doctor does say if you eat sweet right away after a meal the intake or absorbing of sugar by our blood is reduced than eating sweet in the other times.

and more
Reply

Simple_Person
02-06-2017, 06:03 AM
Originally Posted by Aaqib
I'm just expressing my anger bro. I'm mad at them at what they do.
Funny thing is looking from a psychological perspective, if somebody does a hateful thing instead of you being angry at them, but rather ignore them, it hits them harder then giving them a reaction. So in this case, let them use their time as much as possible. They are doing more and more injustice to themselves and besides that, if you ignore them you make them even more look like a fool, like they are not worth your time. If somebody feels like they are not worth your time..that is showing how foolish they are.

Logic, rationality and reason is on the side of Rasullah(saws)
Science is on the side of Rasullah(saws)
I have heard Zakir Naik refer to many of the scriptures and many of them even being on the side of Rasullah(saws).

So what is on their side then? Sheytan..that is, but even HE is not on their side, as he is deceiving them. The biggest losers are they themselves in the end :).
Reply

Mrciful_Servant
03-07-2017, 06:34 AM
Muslims don't even need to learn about anything as long as we follow the footsteps of our beloved prophet (SAW)....[emoji4][emoji4] non-muslims are the ones who need to study everything because they don't have a supervisor....our lord always cares for us and that's why blessed us with his mercy by sending the ever kind messenger to be our guider....
Reply

azc
03-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Mrciful_Servant
Muslims don't even need to learn about anything as long as we follow the footsteps of our beloved prophet (SAW)....[emoji4][emoji4] non-muslims are the ones who need to study everything because they don't have a supervisor....our lord always cares for us and that's why blessed us with his mercy by sending the ever kind messenger to be our guider....
well said, sister. I agree with you
Reply

Simple_Person
03-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Mrciful_Servant
Muslims don't even need to learn about anything as long as we follow the footsteps of our beloved prophet (SAW)....[emoji4][emoji4] non-muslims are the ones who need to study everything because they don't have a supervisor....our lord always cares for us and that's why blessed us with his mercy by sending the ever kind messenger to be our guider....
Well not necessarily. I agree with you 50% of it :). Not saying you are wrong, but also not completely right. Following Rasullah(saws) path, for sure you are safe even not learning what those things are about. That one i agree with you. However learning about it, strengthens imaan and makes you say "sub'han'Allah" with conviction each time.

Blind belief is rather dangerous to be honest. Because we human beings have still some logic and rationality in us. When we are not learned and some atheist might come up with some argument that we have not done our homework about..that could shatter our imaan as sheytan LOVES to use doubt. A good Muslim is at least a honest Muslim. So if he/she doesn't know something he/she will admit it. So even if an atheist comes with weak argument that could create doubt in our hearts as within ourselves we admit he is right, but say with our tongue he is not. In the end this does damage to two things. Our imaan and shows to the atheist that Islam is also blind faith without using the mind.

So all in all, we need to educate ourselves on all matters.
Reply

Serinity
03-07-2017, 08:57 AM
:salam:

None of the Prophets :saws: lied when they said anything. SubhanAllah.

Even the Kuffar in Mekkah testified to that. Yet they were stubborn.

Yes, following the Qur'aan and the Sunnah is of great benefit, to the one who understands it, and the one who does not. (afaik)

But understanding it increases Imaan.

And Allah :swt: knows best.
Reply

Mrciful_Servant
03-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Well not necessarily. I agree with you 50% of it :). Not saying you are wrong, but also not completely right. Following Rasullah(saws) path, for sure you are safe even not learning what those things are about. That one i agree with you. However learning about it, strengthens imaan and makes you say "sub'han'Allah" with conviction each time.

Blind belief is rather dangerous to be honest. Because we human beings have still some logic and rationality in us. When we are not learned and some atheist might come up with some argument that we have not done our homework about..that could shatter our imaan as sheytan LOVES to use doubt. A good Muslim is at least a honest Muslim. So if he/she doesn't know something he/she will admit it. So even if an atheist comes with weak argument that could create doubt in our hearts as within ourselves we admit he is right, but say with our tongue he is not. In the end this does damage to two things. Our imaan and shows to the atheist that Islam is also blind faith without using the mind.

So all in all, we need to educate ourselves on all matters.
I totally understand and agree to what you say .

...I am talking about health ...so if just follow his path...we would never have to worry about our health....and besides this thing ....as the prophet said knowledge is lost treasure...and one don't need any permission to take it...wherever you find it ...take as much as u can out of it ...so yeah knowledge is good thing but one should not say that that Muslim has no knowledge so he doesn't know what benefits for him and what does not....so yeah ...that's all...

Anyway ...shukran.....[emoji4][emoji7][emoji7]
Reply

Simple_Person
03-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Mrciful_Servant
I totally understand and agree to what you say .

...I am talking about health ...so if just follow his path...we would never have to worry about our health....and besides this thing ....as the prophet said knowledge is lost treasure...and one don't need any permission to take it...wherever you find it ...take as much as u can out of it ...so yeah knowledge is good thing but one should not say that that Muslim has no knowledge so he doesn't know what benefits for him and what does not....so yeah ...that's all...

Anyway ...shukran.....[emoji4][emoji7][emoji7]
Hahahah sister reading your comment at the bold part gave me a good laugh, because it reminded me of those anti-Islam guys. Science has told us that eating pork is bad for your health. There are even more increasing scientific researches concluding that besides being unhealthy it increases the chance of certain fatal diseases. Yet when i read the comment people made about one of those scientific researches..Sub'han'Allah..if Allah makes somebody blind for the truth no matter what you tell them out of arrogance and pride they wont follow it.

You read comments like..i do not care that pork meat is bad for me..it is tasty

I sometimes made a comment referring to Judaism, Islam and certain Christian sects that agree we should not eat pork. The amount of ignorance and hatred you get....SUB'HAN'ALLAH. These kind of moments really strengthens ones imaan because these moments i think about what Allah(swt) has said in the Qur'an if he leds people astray nobody can guide them. These people follow their desires even if it is the means that will be the cause of your death in acceleration. Yet somehow..this is their paradise..but they want to accelerate it by doing things that are bad for their health...o_O!!?? no logic whatsoever.

Jazakallahu khairan for the reminder.
Reply

Mrciful_Servant
03-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Hahahah sister reading your comment at the bold part gave me a good laugh, because it reminded me of those anti-Islam guys. Science has told us that eating pork is bad for your health. There are even more increasing scientific researches concluding that besides being unhealthy it increases the chance of certain fatal diseases. Yet when i read the comment people made about one of those scientific researches..Sub'han'Allah..if Allah makes somebody blind for the truth no matter what you tell them out of arrogance and pride they wont follow it.

You read comments like..i do not care that pork meat is bad for me..it is tasty

I sometimes made a comment referring to Judaism, Islam and certain Christian sects that agree we should not eat pork. The amount of ignorance and hatred you get....SUB'HAN'ALLAH. These kind of moments really strengthens ones imaan because these moments i think about what Allah(swt) has said in the Qur'an if he leds people astray nobody can guide them. These people follow their desires even if it is the means that will be the cause of your death in acceleration. Yet somehow..this is their paradise..but they want to accelerate it by doing things that are bad for their health...o_O!!?? no logic whatsoever.

Jazakallahu khairan for the reminder.
[emoji4][emoji847] our belief in Allah is blind......so everything in Islam does not need any logic ...we believe in the invisible and trust whatever he has delivered us....by sending our righteous prophet Muhammad (SAW)...
and the almighty Quran .....I have an interesting story but I will share it some other times right now I have to go and recite the Quran ....as it is time to do so....[emoji18]
Reply

Simple_Person
03-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Mrciful_Servant
[emoji4][emoji847] our belief in Allah is blind......so everything in Islam does not need any logic ...we believe in the invisible and trust whatever he has delivered us....by sending our righteous prophet Muhammad (SAW)...
and the almighty Quran .....I have an interesting story but I will share it some other times right now I have to go and recite the Quran ....as it is time to do so....[emoji18]
Well logically speaking it is your choice to either blindly believe in Allah or by logic, rationality and reason believe in Allah.

Belief in it self is rather a conclusion based on something else. I myself born as a Muslim turned in to a atheist and by own research alhamdulillah became Muslim by choice. I can by logic, rationality and reason determine the existence of Allah(swt). Based on this research i believe in things that i cannot see, as there are angels but i have never seen one neither will i be able to see one with my own eyes in this life if it is by the will of Allah(swt).

This is for example the argument of many atheist, what they cannot see they dismiss it as nonsense. When you give them logic, rationality and reason with the outcome of that being the existence of Allah(swt)..that gives them a whole different perspective. Other religions lack the intellectual debate, Islam doesn't.

I am currently of opinion that blind believe in Allah(swt) would come when the time of dajjal would come. He will use logic, rationality and reason with things that you can see. That is the moment that we Muslims close our eyes and blindly believe in Allah(swt). To reach this, is to strengthen ones imaan...blind believe..trying to reach ihsaan level. As if you see Allah but you cannot see Him, but surely He sees you. Full submission.

Anyways, enough of your time wasted. :).
Reply

Mrciful_Servant
03-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Well logically speaking it is your choice to either blindly believe in Allah or by logic, rationality and reason believe in Allah.

Belief in it self is rather a conclusion based on something else. I myself born as a Muslim turned in to a atheist and by own research alhamdulillah became Muslim by choice. I can by logic, rationality and reason determine the existence of Allah(swt). Based on this research i believe in things that i cannot see, as there are angels but i have never seen one neither will i be able to see one with my own eyes in this life if it is by the will of Allah(swt).

This is for example the argument of many atheist, what they cannot see they dismiss it as nonsense. When you give them logic, rationality and reason with the outcome of that being the existence of Allah(swt)..that gives them a whole different perspective. Other religions lack the intellectual debate, Islam doesn't.

I am currently of opinion that blind believe in Allah(swt) would come when the time of dajjal would come. He will use logic, rationality and reason with things that you can see. That is the moment that we Muslims close our eyes and blindly believe in Allah(swt). To reach this, is to strengthen ones imaan...blind believe..trying to reach ihsaan level. As if you see Allah but you cannot see Him, but surely He sees you. Full submission.

Anyways, enough of your time wasted. :).
Sorry [emoji52]..I don't know what to say... as a born Muslim I have never let any logic come across my religion....and I believe everyone ...has their own opinion..and has his own way and purpose of life...whether he/she is a Muslim ....Christian or atheist...I don't know more....may Allah guide us all....
Reply

Serinity
03-07-2017, 08:52 PM
When Ad-dajjal comes, you have to believe in Allah "blindly". I.e. Ad-dajjal will show you a river, belie the world, but never Allah :swt: and His :swt: messenger :saws: .

Belie your senses, don't believe them. When Ad-dajjal with two rivers, one with lava, the other with cold water. Your senses will tell you, take the water, but you should go to the fire / lava. It is all an illusion. The cold water, will be scolding water (afaik correct me please) and the Lava will be good water.
lThis is not easy - this requires you to go against the whole world. People will call you "mad" "blind" "heretic" "fanatic" "extremist".

They will believe their senses without realising that they are being fooled.
Allahu alam.
Reply

OmAbdullah
03-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Aaqib
And some disgusting people make fun of the beautiful Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him). May Allah have no mercy on them.

اللهم صلى على محمد و على آل محمد كما صليت على إبراهيم و على آل إبراهيم إنك حميد مجيد
Reply

Serinity
03-07-2017, 09:37 PM
:salam:

Weirdd because yesterday, when I prayed, everytime I went into sujood, my lower back hurt a bit. And when I stood up again from sujood, it hurt again..

1 day later today, it does not hurt lol.

Allahu alam.
Reply

Mrciful_Servant
03-08-2017, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by Serinity
When Ad-dajjal comes, you have to believe in Allah "blindly". I.e. Ad-dajjal will show you a river, belie the world, but never Allah :swt: and His :swt: messenger :saws: .

Belie your senses, don't believe them. When Ad-dajjal with two rivers, one with lava, the other with cold water. Your senses will tell you, take the water, but you should go to the fire / lava. It is all an illusion. The cold water, will be scolding water (afaik correct me please) and the Lava will be good water.
lThis is not easy - this requires you to go against the whole world. People will call you "mad" "blind" "heretic" "fanatic" "extremist".

They will believe their senses without realising that they are being fooled.
Allahu alam.
Allhumdulillah...exactly brother...As the prophet says that this world [emoji289] is a prison for the believer because Janna is waiting for them ...and Janna for non believer because there is no Janna for them in there....

So we All may be called mad ....extremists and all those ...
But we spend 0-100 years in this prison and inshallah will win the akhirae.....may Allah bless us with pleasure of seeing him...and entering Jannat ul firdous....[emoji4]
Reply

Simple_Person
03-08-2017, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by Serinity
When Ad-dajjal comes, you have to believe in Allah "blindly". I.e. Ad-dajjal will show you a river, belie the world, but never Allah :swt: and His :swt: messenger :saws: .

Belie your senses, don't believe them. When Ad-dajjal with two rivers, one with lava, the other with cold water. Your senses will tell you, take the water, but you should go to the fire / lava. It is all an illusion. The cold water, will be scolding water (afaik correct me please) and the Lava will be good water.
lThis is not easy - this requires you to go against the whole world. People will call you "mad" "blind" "heretic" "fanatic" "extremist".

They will believe their senses without realising that they are being fooled.
Allahu alam.
Besides that i have also heard he will have a paradise and hell. His hell is paradise and his paradise is hell. Allah(swt) knows when he will arrive, but the looks of it looking at the world today..it is going faster and faster towards his direction. The amount of corruption is increasing by the day. Just recently i watched a program that try to find out what the origin is of certain products and how they are made. They went to the grocery store and bought certain amount of milk from different brands. Later on they revealed that many brands come from the same factory. They also went to the factory and showed the EXACT same milk being used by different brands. The cheapest to the more expensive brand. EXACT SAME MILK!!
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 04:46 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 06:21 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 02:20 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 04:52 AM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 11:55 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!