PDA

View Full Version : Is being emotionless good?



The-Deist
03-21-2016, 10:58 PM
For example this has helped me dump the fake people and find real people. But also I feel no genuine feelings for anyone.

Also I want to add that I noticed some people are emotionally weak and can not break up with people/leave friends.

Your opinion?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
03-21-2016, 11:12 PM
...you mean like Spock?
Reply

The-Deist
03-21-2016, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by M.I.A.
...you mean like Spock?
Who's spock?
Reply

M.I.A.
03-21-2016, 11:17 PM
O_o

....guess you have no idea who warf is either?
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
The-Deist
03-21-2016, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by M.I.A.
O_o

....guess you have no idea who warf is either?
Nope.
Reply

M.I.A.
03-21-2016, 11:22 PM
Well in my younger days I was more real than I am now, the story of Moses AS and the guided stranger is a good one.
Reply

ardianto
03-22-2016, 12:54 AM
Without emotion we would not able to feel what other people feel, then we would not have empathy. So, being emotionless is not good.

We must have emotion. But we must also have ability to control emotion.
Reply

The-Deist
03-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by ardianto
Without emotion we would not able to feel what other people feel, then we would not have empathy. So, being emotionless is not good.

We must have emotion. But we must also have ability to control emotion.
Guess so. Since I feel no sincere/genuine feelings for anyone (I can only THINK I love someone). The good thing is it can help dump bad stuff. The negative side is I am not a committed person so that means no marriage for me.

It seems I only have anger.
Reply

Scimitar
03-23-2016, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by The-Deist
For example this has helped me dump the fake people and find real people. But also I feel no genuine feelings for anyone.

Also I want to add that I noticed some people are emotionally weak and can not break up with people/leave friends.

Your opinion?
Sure - you always told me you suffer depression... and anxiety - these are reflective of disturbed emotive states... you are not emotionless - you just have no control over your own.

Scimi
Reply

The-Deist
03-23-2016, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Timi Scar
Sure - you always told me you suffer depression... and anxiety - these are reflective of disturbed emotive states... you are not emotionless - you just have no control over your own.

Scimi
Oh, I already overcame those two thank God.
Reply

*charisma*
03-23-2016, 11:01 PM
You have emotion, you just can't control it so you avoid situations where emotions are needed. You block out others because you don't want to get hurt, feel loneliness, dependance, etc. This doesn't make you stronger, but rather a weaker person overall.

Real emotionless people are actually called psychopaths, which you're not.

Instead of being "emotionless" just remove negativity from you life. Happiness, love, kindness, empathy are all beautiful emotions that everyone needs in order to have a healthy life. I could not imagine a life without "feeling" even if it is sadness or anger because that's where strength comes from. When you can FACE your issues, then you move on from them instead of putting them in a black hole and calling yourself emotionless, because it will eventually build up and you will realize the ugliness that becomes of you.

BTW where are your parents?? You're like 13 aren't you?
Reply

The-Deist
03-23-2016, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
You have emotion, you just can't control it so you avoid situations where emotions are needed. You block out others because you don't want to get hurt, feel loneliness, dependance, etc. This doesn't make you stronger, but rather a weaker person overall.

Real emotionless people are actually called psychopaths, which you're not.

Instead of being "emotionless" just remove negativity from you life. Happiness, love, kindness, empathy are all beautiful emotions that everyone needs in order to have a healthy life. I could not imagine a life without "feeling" even if it is sadness or anger because that's where strength comes from. When you can FACE your issues, then you move on from them instead of putting them in a black hole and calling yourself emotionless, because it will eventually build up and you will realize the ugliness that becomes of you.

BTW where are your parents?? You're like 13 aren't you?
Yeah I feel anger, that's really it.

I try to love people but I can't I guess.
Reply

*charisma*
03-23-2016, 11:46 PM
Still didn't answer my question though.
Reply

Eric H
03-24-2016, 08:11 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Deist;

It seems I only have anger.
You have said anger three times now, are you angry with Allah, yourself, parents or who?

What are the things that make you most angry? The things that churn away in your mind when you are on your own.

In the spirit of praying to a forgiving god.

Eric
Reply

~ Sabr ~
03-24-2016, 08:56 AM
He's Angry because he is narrow minded and can't find a way out...He'a angry because he is best mates with Shayatan
Reply

Hamza :)
03-24-2016, 09:23 AM
No it's terrible

'If the heart becomes hardened, the eye becomes dry'
Reply

Kiro
03-24-2016, 09:31 AM
But it depends on you utilize it according to your own judgement, maybe... it's how you use it with wisdom.
Reply

noraina
03-24-2016, 11:09 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

I think there is a difference between being truly hard-hearted (cruel, emotionless to and in an extreme case psychopathic) and building around your emotions a high wall which doesn't allow anything to come inside or out. Perhaps the danger is in that you don't build that wall so high that you do not allow someone who genuinely loves you to enter or it prevents you from expressing any feelings. Worst of all you don't want build up a wall which prevents you from coming close to Allah.

I'm not saying it is bad to learn how to control or hide your emotions - but with moderation. And what do you mean by emotionally weak? I find many people who are sensitive or kind-hearted are called weak in today's times.

I'd rather be a sensitive and emotional person - there is a hidden blessing in it.
Reply

MuslimInshallah
03-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by The-Deist

It seems I only have anger.
Assalaamu alaikum Striving (or Deist)

(mildly) This sounds like an emotion to me... a pretty strong one, actually... (gently) And it's hard to feel other emotions when anger is very strong...


May Allah, the Source of Peace and Safety, Enfold you in His Care.
Reply

Serinity
03-24-2016, 01:44 PM
The more obsessed with anger you get, the more narrowminded and blind you get.
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
He's Angry because he is narrow minded and can't find a way out...He'a angry because he is best mates with Shayatan
Lol, I was angry as a Muslim.
Reply

Serinity
03-24-2016, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by The-Deist
Lol, I was angry as a Muslim.
Then the problem is with you. Why are you angry? Because of the people? why?
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
Then the problem is with you. Why are you angry? Because of the people? why?
People piss me off.
Reply

Serinity
03-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by The-Deist
People piss me off.
Why? Why do they piss you off?
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
Because you think you are better than them? Or they just piss you off because you find them sooo ignorant? so blind? Why? Why do they piss you off?
Various reasons.
Reply

Serinity
03-24-2016, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by The-Deist
Various reasons.
OK, then stay angry. lol.
Reply

M.I.A.
03-24-2016, 01:59 PM
My dad always says, they can't all be wrong can they?

..learning to grow up is very hard.

People will never stop peeing you off.. But you are only accountable for the choices you make.

Allah swt will be the one to tell you the truth of all that you did.

Don't get trolled to death.

...don't become smeegle!
Reply

~ Sabr ~
03-24-2016, 02:09 PM
I think this person is a troll.
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
I think this person is a troll.
Yeah I have been trolling for a year.
Reply

*charisma*
03-24-2016, 02:34 PM
Well, you do seem to have a lot of time on your hands, being angry and all without people in your life.
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Well, you do seem to have a lot of time on your hands, being angry and all without people in your life.
Without people in my life???
Reply

M.I.A.
03-24-2016, 02:36 PM
Getting angry at the internet is one of my favourite hobbies...

So I can kinda relate.
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Getting angry at the internet is one of my favourite hobbies...

So I can kinda relate.
I don't get angry at the internet.
Reply

*charisma*
03-24-2016, 02:39 PM
Yup.
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Yup.
Yup?
Reply

greenhill
03-24-2016, 02:57 PM
Emotions, senses, desires, mind and conscience are all part (I may have omitted some) of the gift that comes in this world. The choices we make are ours.

Strength is within. It is not about the results. Not at all. It is about your resolve and action.

To combine all those gifts that make life so rich, I have also successfully controlled my emotions from a very young age. I'm like an elastic band, emotionally. Never allowing myself to get too happy or sad. I also knew that I make who I am, now and the future, nobody else. As I learn, no internet those days... it was only recent. So knowledge was hard to get.. but I knew life is a test. And anger is tiring. Resentment is tiring, even more so if it is not used to spurr you into something better but instead sit there and burn inside.

That was a test, you failed!

You were angry as a muslim, you said, are you not a muslim now? Still angry? It feels to me that it has nothing to do with the deen. You're just an angry person.

But if you are still very young, I think you are thinking way too far ahead into a world you really don't know. And worst still, decide the fate of your entire life based on teenage uncertainty, moulding your coming years on your negative understanding..

Why don't you explore what these years have to offer. It is a learning period, so LEARN, don't decide already what is good or not. That is stupid. Before you do it yoy're already saying no, it is hard, I'm not going to like it, so, what are the chances of success? Almost zero. Then it fails, See? I told you! Self fulfilling prophecy. Plenty of that, it soon becomes, "Oh, I'm such a failure.... " blah blah blah..

Go out, live! Remember Allah. Discover yourself and learn how to serve Him in your life. Still do things and learn.

There is no gain at all to harbour anger. Let it slip through your fingers and toes and get on with the blessings (and trials) of life, you will find it very nice.. why? Because you have peace of mind.


:peace:
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by greenhill
Emotions, senses, desires, mind and conscience are all part (I may have omitted some) of the gift that comes in this world. The choices we make are ours.

Strength is within. It is not about the results. Not at all. It is about your resolve and action.

To combine all those gifts that make life so rich, I have also successfully controlled my emotions from a very young age. I'm like an elastic band, emotionally. Never allowing myself to get too happy or sad. I also knew that I make who I am, now and the future, nobody else. As I learn, no internet those days... it was only recent. So knowledge was hard to get.. but I knew life is a test. And anger is tiring. Resentment is tiring, even more so if it is not used to spurr you into something better but instead sit there and burn inside.

That was a test, you failed!

You were angry as a muslim, you said, are you not a muslim now? Still angry? It feels to me that it has nothing to do with the deen. You're just an angry person.

But if you are still very young, I think you are thinking way too far ahead into a world you really don't know. And worst still, decide the fate of your entire life based on teenage uncertainty, moulding your coming years on your negative understanding..

Why don't you explore what these years have to offer. It is a learning period, so LEARN, don't decide already what is good or not. That is stupid. Before you do it yoy're already saying no, it is hard, I'm not going to like it, so, what are the chances of success? Almost zero. Then it fails, See? I told you! Self fulfilling prophecy. Plenty of that, it soon becomes, "Oh, I'm such a failure.... " blah blah blah..

Go out, live! Remember Allah. Discover yourself and learn how to serve Him in your life. Still do things and learn.

There is no gain at all to harbour anger. Let it slip through your fingers and toes and get on with the blessings (and trials) of life, you will find it very nice.. why? Because you have peace of mind.


:peace:
Yeah, the reason I replied I was angry as a Muslim too was because Sabr seems to think all problems arise when you become non-Muslim, which is ignorant honestly.
Reply

greenhill
03-24-2016, 03:15 PM
Ok... how does that contribute or relates to what I was saying?

I did say, you were angry as a muslim, so you are not a muslim now, but still angry, so I reckon it has nothing to do with the deen. You are just an angry person, no? What has that got to do with what Sabr said? I don't get it.


:peace:
Reply

Kiro
03-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by The-Deist
People piss me off.
ommmaaaaaah goooosh please stop peeing.
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by greenhill
Ok... how does that contribute or relates to what I was saying?

I did say, you were angry as a muslim, so you are not a muslim now, but still angry, so I reckon it has nothing to do with the deen. You are just an angry person, no? What has that got to do with what Sabr said? I don't get it.


:peace:
Yes I do admit I can get angry and maybe it's something to work on. Also sometimes you feel the anger and it's great to let it out.
Reply

Serinity
03-24-2016, 03:19 PM
ssssssshhsssssssssssgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz PEOPLE ARE PEEING!! MOVE MOVE!! GET THE ELECTRICITY! haahah
Reply

Kiro
03-24-2016, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
ssssssshhsssssssssssgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz PEOPLE ARE PEEING!! MOVE MOVE!! GET THE ELECTRICITY! haahah
it's probably suppressed emotions...
Reply

Serinity
03-24-2016, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Kiro
it's probably suppressed emotions...
yep. yep. yep. yep. yep. yep. yep. :'( :cry:

:( Ya Allah! Guide us! Ameeeen. Protect us from getting moved and controlled by our nafs and heart and shaytaan, and negativity. Ameeeen.
Reply

greenhill
03-24-2016, 03:41 PM
Now we can get somewhere.

You are still confused. You don't have to have answers for anything except those exam questions. So worry about that. The worries you are piling on yourself now making you angry and frustrated is not yours. So let it go.

:peace:
Reply

Serinity
03-24-2016, 03:46 PM
When I was young I day dreamt about Jannah. That kept me motivated on the straight path. :)

So from now on out, whenever hardship hits me, I will remember myself of Jannah. :D The reward for those who believe. :D

When you are down, think of Allah's reward and mercy etc. When you are happy, thank Allah lest you become of the ungrateful.
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by greenhill
Now we can get somewhere.

You are still confused. You don't have to have answers for anything except those exam questions. So worry about that. The worries you are piling on yourself now making you angry and frustrated is not yours. So let it go.

:peace:
I am not worried.

I just get angry if someone annoys me.
Reply

sister herb
03-24-2016, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by The-Deist
Guess so. Since I feel no sincere/genuine feelings for anyone (I can only THINK I love someone). The good thing is it can help dump bad stuff. The negative side is I am not a committed person so that means no marriage for me.

It seems I only have anger.
Young brother - you are only 13/14. You are growing up and kind of feelings are sure very normal in your age. You don´t need to think marriage for years.
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
Young brother - you are only 13/14. You are growing up and kind of feelings are sure very normal in your age. You don´t need to think marriage for years.
I don't even want to marry.
Reply

Eric H
03-24-2016, 06:13 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Deist;

I just get angry if someone annoys me.
There is an old Indian story about anger, inside each of one of us; there are two wolves that are always fighting. One wolf is the kind and caring one, the other is the angry wolf.

The question is which wolf wins? And the answer is the one you choose to feed. If you keep feeding the angry wolf, the kind wolf becomes weak, even to the point of death.

You have choices in how you feed your own anger, you give other people permission to make you angry, they can’t make you angry.

The person who angers you, controls what goes on in your head, the person who should be in control is you.

In the spirit of striving to forgive.

Eric
Reply

Scimitar
03-24-2016, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
You have emotion, you just can't control it so you avoid situations where emotions are needed. You block out others because you don't want to get hurt, feel loneliness, dependance, etc. This doesn't make you stronger, but rather a weaker person overall.

Real emotionless people are actually called psychopaths, which you're not.

Instead of being "emotionless" just remove negativity from you life. Happiness, love, kindness, empathy are all beautiful emotions that everyone needs in order to have a healthy life. I could not imagine a life without "feeling" even if it is sadness or anger because that's where strength comes from. When you can FACE your issues, then you move on from them instead of putting them in a black hole and calling yourself emotionless, because it will eventually build up and you will realize the ugliness that becomes of you.

BTW where are your parents?? You're like 13 aren't you?
:D

Psychological breakdown of prepubescent children is funny lol
Reply

The-Deist
03-24-2016, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Timi Scar
:D

Psychological breakdown of prepubescent children is funny lol
Lol, I disagree.
Reply

M.I.A.
03-24-2016, 07:39 PM
Sometimes I feel the world makes even the most generous men look miserly..

The test.

Everyone needs to eat but I am not what I am fed.

May Allah swt forgive us.
Reply

BeTheChange
03-24-2016, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Deist;



There is an old Indian story about anger, inside each of one of us; there are two wolves that are always fighting. One wolf is the kind and caring one, the other is the angry wolf.

The question is which wolf wins? And the answer is the one you choose to feed. If you keep feeding the angry wolf, the kind wolf becomes weak, even to the point of death.

You have choices in how you feed your own anger, you give other people permission to make you angry, they can’t make you angry.

The person who angers you, controls what goes on in your head, the person who should be in control is you.

In the spirit of striving to forgive.

Eric
Eric H am glad people like you exist in this world. Thank you.

May Allah swt guide us all closer to HIM Ameen.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
03-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Why is this thread still going on, and why are you still on this forum? Clearly you want nothing to do with Islam, so why stay on an Islamic Forum?
Reply

The-Deist
03-29-2016, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
Why is this thread still going on, and why are you still on this forum? Clearly you want nothing to do with Islam, so why stay on an Islamic Forum?
First. It's going on because people reply. Two. If you have nothing to do but complain then atleast get out of my threads.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
03-30-2016, 07:58 AM
I noticed you didn't answer me lol, you have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on your hands.

:threadclo
Reply

The-Deist
03-30-2016, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
I noticed you didn't answer me lol, you have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on your hands.

:threadclo
We have alot of free time during and after school.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
03-30-2016, 10:16 AM
You're a very sad person with no life. Seriously. Stop trolling and get a life.
Reply

The-Deist
03-30-2016, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
You're a very sad person with no life. Seriously. Stop trolling and get a life.
Getting emotional?
Reply

~ Sabr ~
03-30-2016, 10:38 AM
@farhan @muslimwoman

Sort this thread out please
Reply

The-Deist
03-30-2016, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
@farhan @muslimwoman

Sort this thread out please
See, you can't even deal with me yourself. If you really want me to leave so bad, why not leave yourself?
Reply

~ Sabr ~
03-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Because, little kid, I knew this forum since you were in your mother's womb.

I have other things to do, Alhamdulillah, than deal with little shaytaans.

Grow up - my last words to you.
Reply

The-Deist
03-30-2016, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
Because, little kid, I knew this forum since you were in your mother's womb.

I have other things to do, Alhamdulillah, than deal with little shaytaans.

Grow up - my last words to you.
Grow up?

Hahaha, remember this only internet.
Reply

Umm Abed
03-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Id rather you stay on the forum, StrivingforDeen, maybe you will change, there is hope.
Reply

Mustafa16
04-04-2016, 10:02 PM
why did you leave islam?
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
04-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by The-Deist
For example this has helped me dump the fake people and find real people. But also I feel no genuine feelings for anyone.

Also I want to add that I noticed some people are emotionally weak and can not break up with people/leave friends.

Your opinion?
So you're telling me you didn't cry when you watched The Titanic?
Reply

The-Deist
04-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
So you're telling me you didn't cry when you watched The Titanic?
Lol, never watched it.
Reply

'Abd-al Latif
04-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by The-Deist
Lol, never watched it.
It's cool I understand. You don't want the skeleton to come out the closet.
Reply

Mustafa16
04-04-2016, 10:17 PM
sorry, i replied to the wrong thread....
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2015, 09:36 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 04:07 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-24-2007, 06:55 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 10:18 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!