/* */

PDA

View Full Version : drinking water sunnah

BilalKid
03-22-2016, 12:31 PM
6 Sunnah Of Drinking Water
1) Drink water with Right Hand.
2) Drink water by sitting.
3) Start Drinking water with Saying “Bismillah”.
4) See the water before Drinking.
5) Drinking water in 3 steps.
6) After finishing saying “Alhamdullilah”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
03-22-2016, 01:43 PM
:jz:

If you forget to say Bismillah:

'Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:
Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "When any of you wants to eat, he should mention the Name of Allah in the begining, (i.e., say Bismillah). If he forgets to do it in the beginning, he should say Bismillah awwalahu wa akhirahu (I begin with the Name of Allah at the beginning and at the end)."

[At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud].

BeTheChange
03-22-2016, 06:51 PM
Asalamualykum,

Jazahka Allah.

It's hard to sit down and drink sometimes especially when you're in public places but i always try and find a place or i wait until i can fulfil that sunnah.

Have you noticed no other drink quenches your thirst like water...

Alhamdulilah.

crimsontide06
03-22-2016, 07:55 PM
I read that you are not supposed to drink water in gulps...I have done that all my life so it is hard when I try not too, drinking in sips doesn't feel like I am even drinking at all.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
03-23-2016, 09:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crimsontide06
I read that you are not supposed to drink water in gulps...I have done that all my life so it is hard when I try not too, drinking in sips doesn't feel like I am even drinking at all.
Its due to habit. You can practise the sunnah way, three sips.

After drinking water read this sunnah dua:

"Alhamdullillahil lathi saqani athban furatan bi rahmatihi wa lam yaj al hu milhan ujajan bi thunubina." Which basically means praise to Allah who quenched your thirst and has not changed the taste of it due to our sins.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.