/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Explosion of hate against Muslims on Twitter after Brussels attacks

Glac09
03-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Hordes of Twitter users have been venting their hatred against Islam and Muslims in the wake of the Brussels bomb attacks yesterday which were claimed by ISIS and which killed 31 people.

Instead of turning on the terrorist cell itself which committed the atrocities, racists and Islamophobes rounded on Muslims who had nothing to do with the atrocities whatsoever. The #StopIslam hashtag is now trending worldwide.

david jones“There will never be peace in the Western world until Islam is gone”
UKIP supporter David Jones (@DavidJo52951945) from Hampshire tweeted.
@Milton mar91 said: “Muslims on Twitter trying to defend their undefendable death cult. #stopislam”

But thankfully many on Twitter were horrified at the #StopIslam hashtag and hijacked it to protest at what they say is victimisation of ordinary Muslims who lead peaceful lives and want nothing to do with terrorism.

Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji said: “I am a Hindu, but I still read Holy Quran .. ‘Islam’ is not about terrorism at all in fact it’s about peace like other religions.”

Jasmine Shaham said: “I’m Muslim and I’m proud. I’m proud that I have a hijab on my head. I’m proud to support my religion. Islam means peace. not war #StopIslam.”

More...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ineed Umar
03-23-2016, 06:49 PM
How many ways can people try to defy truth? They have been doing so for years, such as when the discovery of earth being flat aggregated a lot of people WYO believed ear5h was flat at the time, our patience is not of comparison, but during the time of even the Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) he (P.B.U.H) was declined and rejected and claims were put upon him but he still followed Allah (Swt) command and never stopped his message. So should we, I personally know some Muslim who fear Islam, due to terrism and media brainwash. I know there are some bad eggs but this doesn't mean by any case that the whole dozen is bad. Even then Muslims are bad not Islam. Many religions have strict traditions, such as being a vegetarian and the caste system.

Anyways that said , hate is everywhere and we don't know who is sincere or not, nor we know that Al-qaeda or Daesh are sincerely Muslims or follow Islam at all.

Best for us and Islam is in the hands of Allah (Swt) and we cannot go against what is written, but we can pray for the best indeed.

Tbh I don't know why I'd debate so deep? Who cares #StopIslam will for3v3r remain a hastag and so will Donald t4ump rema8n a human both of which cannot c4ipple Islam without the will of Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.