/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prophet MUHAMMAD (Peace be upon HIM) have the knowledge of Unseen (ilm-e-ghaib)

smak
03-24-2016, 10:32 PM
Prophet MUHAMMAD (Peace be upon HIM) have the knowledge of Unseen (ilm-e-ghaib). Check the below references.​
First Reference:
26. (HE is) the KNOWER of the unseen. So HE does not inform any (common man) of HIS unseen,

27. Except for HIS MESSENGERS with whom HE is well-pleased (and reveals to THEM alone the unseen because that is an exclusive trait of PROPHETHOOD and a MESSENGER’s miracle as well). So indeed HE appoints protectors at both front and rear of him (the MESSENGER, for the security of the knowledge of the unseen),
(The Holy Quran Sura al Jin 26-27)

Second Reference:
Anas radiALLAHuanhu reported:
The MESSENGER of ALLAH (ﷺ) one day led us in the prayer. and when HE completed the Prayer HE turned his face towards us and said: 0 People, I am your Imam, so do not precede ME in bowing and prostration and in standing and turning (faces, i. e. In pronouncing salutation), for I see you in front of ME and behind ME, and then said: By HIM in Whose hand Is the life of MUHAMMAD, if you could see what I see, you would have laughed little and wept much more. They said: What did you see, MESSENGER of ALLAH? HE replied: (I saw) Paradise and Hell.

Sahih Muslim : Book 4, Hadith 123

Third Reference:
Narrated Ibn `Abbas RadiALLAHuanhu:
ALLAH's MESSENGER (ﷺ) passed by two graves and said, "Both of them (persons in the grave) are being tortured, and they are not being tortured for a major sin. This one used not to save himself from being soiled with his urine, and the other used to go about with calumnies (among the people to rouse hostilities, e.g., one goes to a person and tells him that so-and-so says about him such-and-such evil things). The PROPHET (ﷺ) then asked for a green leaf of a date-palm tree, split it into two pieces and planted one on each grave and said, "It is hoped that their punishment may be abated till those two pieces of the leaf get dried."

Fourth Reference:
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah RadiALLAHuanhu said:
"The MESSENGER of ALLAH (ﷺ) prayed one day then left and said: '0 so-and-so, why don't you improve your prayer? Shouldn't the one who is praying reflection how he prays it for himself? I can see behind ME just as I can see in front of ME."'
(Sunan an-Nasa'i Book 10, Hadith 96)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.