/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Talking to potential spouse on phone

Kah
03-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Asalamualaikum
Is it permissible to speak to a women on the phone and both your intentipns are to get married in future and the conversation will bewithout a wali

jazakAllahkhair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khalid Saifullah
03-26-2016, 06:43 PM
Wa alaikumus salaam

It's permissible, but keep a mahram within earshot of the conversation.

Kah
03-26-2016, 06:51 PM
In this situation there is no mahram

Kah
03-26-2016, 06:52 PM
Like for example both the male and female are home alone and they are talking on the phone with the intentions of getting married.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalid Saifullah
03-26-2016, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kah
Like for example both the male and female are home alone and they are talking on the phone with the intentions of getting married.
They should both arrange a time then when their mahrams are present.

Shaitaan is surely the third person in this conversation.

Kah
03-26-2016, 07:11 PM
Okay, JazakAllah khair. Is there any evidence for this because I'd like to show someone it.

Kiro
03-26-2016, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
They should both arrange a time then when their mahrams are present.

Shaitaan is surely the third person in this conversation.
This brother is correct

someone give him a cookie!
@farhan where you at? Give him one, it's like the IB version of knighting in England

strivingobserver98
03-26-2016, 07:24 PM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Kah
Okay, JazakAllah khair. Is there any evidence for this because I'd like to show someone it.
format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam
Ibn 'Umar narrated:
" 'Umar delivered a Khutbah to us at Al-Jabiyah. He said: 'O you people! Indeed I have stood among you as the Messenger of Allah stood among us, and he said: "I order you (to stick to) my Companions, then those who come after them, then those who come after them. Then lying will spread until a man will take an oath when no oath was sought from him, and a witness will testify when his testimony was not sought. Behold! A man is not alone with a woman but the third of them is Ash-Shaitan. Adhere to the Jama'ah, beware of separation, for indeed Ash-Shaitan is with one, and he is further away from two. Whoever wants the best place in Paradise, then let him stick to the Jama'ah. Whoever rejoices with his good deeds and grieves over his evil deeds, then that is the believer among you.'" [Tirmidhi]
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-chatting.html

Kah
03-26-2016, 07:31 PM
JazakAllah Khair for the evidence.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.