/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gulshan Iqbal festival in Lahore suicide blasted.

Ineed Umar
03-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Today we saw a tragic incident in gulshan Iqbal festival Lahore. 35 people were crippled. The rescue team reported that it was a suicide attack no terrorist parties were linked to incident.

Too bad we r all #Brussels.

Allah helped me a's I was about to visit it but didn't.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
03-27-2016, 03:34 PM
May Allah swt give sabar/patience to the families who have lost a loved one. Ameen.

May Allah swt give the deceased the ability to pass the 3 questions in the grave Ameen.

strivingobserver98
03-27-2016, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
Glad your safe alhamdulilah.

Ameen to all the duas.

M.I.A.
03-27-2016, 04:59 PM
Pakistan needs a competent government.

Honestly a horrendous situation.

Officials should only be paid when they avert tragedies..

They would work harder..

Although everything looks easier from the outside.

Maybe they should write up a standard operating procedure while it's fresh in the mind... There minds.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza :)
03-27-2016, 05:51 PM
Around 70 dead and more than 300 injured

anatolian
03-27-2016, 05:57 PM
Pakistan is suffering from terrorism so much. May Allah bring peace on them. But the enemy is inside not outside. We must educate our children that Islam does not teach terrorism.

strivingobserver98
03-27-2016, 06:04 PM
Subhan Allah so many injured.

A suicide bomber has killed at least 65 people and wounded more than 200 others outside a park in Pakistan's eastern city of Lahore.

The explosion took place in the parking area of Gulshan Iqbal Park, just a few feet away from some children's swings.

The area was crowded at the time because Christians were gathering to celebrate the Easter holiday.

Many families were leaving the park when the blast occurred.

Muhammad Usman, an administration official in Lahore, said the death toll had reached 65 people.
http://news.sky.com/story/1667941/do...ck-in-pakistan

Ineed Umar
03-27-2016, 06:30 PM
Whatever the Taliban/Daesh/Boko/ or any other wanTed. Before exploding they should have realised there were not only Christian people but also Muslims, besides suicide is haram but that is a totally different argument.

Besides Christians and Muslims have worked together in Pakistan. There is an area near my home where there are a lot of Christians and they explain how kind Muslims have been to them I that area but for sure that unity will be left soon due to butthurt Indian media falsely saying Christians are prosecuted in Muslim countries and terrorists supporting them.

Then again there is not unity within neighbourING Muslims. Just to fay Jun aid Jamshed if you know who he is , a pretty famous Muslim evangelist and singer was beaten by other for something he even apologised years ago. (Source:The express tribune

M.I.A.
03-27-2016, 06:50 PM
Well it takes some gulping of pride to stop that story before it starts..

And probably some governmental security.

...marching for peace.

...rather than an assisinantion attempt.

I don't think Pakistan have it in em.

saif-uddin
03-27-2016, 11:19 PM
Today we saw a tragic incident in gulshan Iqbal festival Lahore. 35 people were crippled. The rescue team reported that it was a suicide attack no terrorist parties were linked to incident.

Too bad we r all #Brussels.

This was a Festival by Christians, in other words a Festival of Shirk,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

May Allah tala save us from dying as a Mushrik and grant us a death he is well pleased with, and join us with his righteous slaves in Jannah

آمين يا رب العالمين

strivingobserver98
03-28-2016, 12:08 AM
"A Muslim is One from whose tongue and hands the people are safe from"
[BUKHARI]

May Allah protect us from all these fatal calamities and attacks. Ameen.

Ineed Umar
03-28-2016, 04:51 AM
I agree with your point, but was it really a Christian festival? I mean there were Muslims too I am sure about it, I mean u don't think so the festival started because of Easter or Something because it ain't given as a national holiday in Pakistan.

Eric H
03-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Ineed Umar;

Besides Christians and Muslims have worked together in Pakistan. There is an area near my home where there are a lot of Christians and they explain how kind Muslims have been to them
We hope and pray that some good can come from this.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric

M.I.A.
03-28-2016, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saif-uddin

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

May Allah tala save us from dying as a Mushrik and grant us a death he is well pleased with, and join us with his righteous slaves in Jannah

آمين يا رب العالمين
...right, because execution evades the jizya.

:/

Not like Pakistan is use to the law winning anyway.

ardianto
03-28-2016, 02:00 PM
No matter the victim's religion, killing innocent people like that cannot be justified.

azc
03-28-2016, 02:58 PM
Who are the killers of innocent ppl?

noraina
03-28-2016, 03:13 PM
May Allah grant all those whose lives were taken mercy and a place in Jannah.

Pakistan is being eaten from the inside out. It is almost unbearable to watch- weakened by both a corrupt government and so many terrorists and extremist ideologies.

Reminds me of the hadith of the Prophet (saw), 'The killer will not know why he killed and the victim will not know why he was killed.' We are truly seeing that now - pointless violence backed by neither religion nor common sense.

Eric H
03-28-2016, 05:25 PM
Greetings and peace be with you saif-uddin;

Sadly, I heard on the radio today, it seems there were more Muslim victims. Maybe it could be a time when both Muslims and Christians can share their grief together. There should be no further deaths, too many people have suffered.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

saif-uddin
03-29-2016, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Sadly, I heard on the radio today, it seems there were more Muslim victims. Maybe it could be a time when both Muslims and Christians can share their grief together. There should be no further deaths, too many people have suffered.

Eric
Eric I was talking about principles of belief,

إِنَّا للهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ*

I do not condone this incident, but the deceased Kuffar will be in Jahannam/Hell.

We don't pray for them, because they have no escape from Jahannam/Hell, as stated in the Quran,

As for the Muslims and children who died, may Allah tala forgive them and grant them the glad tidings of Jannah

آمين يا رب العالمين

saif-uddin
03-29-2016, 08:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
May Allah grant all those whose lives were taken mercy and a place in Jannah.

Pakistan is being eaten from the inside out. It is almost unbearable to watch- weakened by both a corrupt government and so many terrorists and extremist ideologies.

Reminds me of the hadith of the Prophet (saw), 'The killer will not know why he killed and the victim will not know why he was killed.' We are truly seeing that now - pointless violence backed by neither religion nor common sense.
It's Haraam to pray for Deceased Kuffar/Mushrikun.

Therefore your Dua needs to be amended, you can only make Dua for the deceased children/Muslims.

جزاك الله خيرا

saif-uddin
03-29-2016, 08:32 AM
I agree with your point, but was it really a Christian festival? I mean there were Muslims too I am sure about it, I mean u don't think so the festival started because of Easter or Something because it ain't given as a national holiday in Pakistan.
Easter is a pagan festival akhi, and the presence of Muslims doesn't make it Halaal.

جزاك الله خيرا

saif-uddin
03-29-2016, 08:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
...right, because execution evades the jizya.

Not like Pakistan is use to the law winning anyway.
You made zero sense here,

I wasn't talking about the jizya or execution,

And your last line is nonsensical, doesn't make sense.

What I said was it was a Pagan Festival and die upon Shirk is the worst of deaths.

We Muslims hope that Allah tala grants us death upon Tawheed, when he is well pleased with us.

M.I.A.
03-29-2016, 09:12 AM
Nope sorry, there is no explaining to you how a government should work to expand growth while still maintaining order..

Sorry..

Although who you allow to work for you is a learning experience.

An uninformed example is the banning of Easter and the allowing of USA army bases in Pakistan.

..who may or may not have also been celebrating Easter.

I may be wrong though.

Ineed Umar
03-29-2016, 04:40 PM
Salaam Bro! I don't think the festival was held for Christians at all, it was just another spring festival like always in Pakistan there was like a few weeks ago in racecourse park in Lahore. Besides Easter is not a celebrated
holiday in Pakistan, only Christmas is which again is observed by Christians only.

Eric H
03-29-2016, 05:56 PM

Eric I was talking about principles of belief,
Principles of belief are only beliefs, otherwise, why call them beliefs?

I do not condone this incident, but the deceased Kuffar will be in Jahannam/Hell.
The 99 names of Allah seem more to do with compassion, mercy, forgiveness and justice.

Eric

saif-uddin
03-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Salaam Bro! I don't think the festival was held for Christians at all, it was just another spring festival like always in Pakistan there was like a few weeks ago in racecourse park in Lahore. Besides Easter is not a celebrated
holiday in Pakistan, only Christmas is which again is observed by Christians only.
وعليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

Even of it wasn't it's a Haraam festival.

We only have two Festivals, that's the 2 Eids.

جزاك الله خيرا

saif-uddin
03-29-2016, 08:21 PM

Principles of belief are only beliefs, otherwise, why call them beliefs?

The 99 names of Allah seem more to do with compassion, mercy, forgiveness and justice.

Eric
Eric the Troll strikes again.

Islam teaches us to speak the truth, regardless of whether the Kuffar and Mushrikun like it or not.

We stick to our principles, we don't condone Hypocrisy.

The Kuffar deceased are in Jahannam, as stated in the Glorious Qur'an.

Even your Bible says there are Sins which God does not forgive, but Christians play fast and loose with it,

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

saif-uddin
03-29-2016, 08:29 PM

Eric
If you actually read the 99 names ...

He is just, that's precisely why he won't treat those who die upon the Kufr and Shirk, like the Muslimeen.

Surah Al-Baqara, Ayah 161:

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَمَاتُوا وَهُمْ كُفَّارٌ أُولَٰئِكَ عَلَيْهِمْ لَعْنَةُ اللَّهِ وَالْمَلَائِكَةِ وَالنَّاسِ أَجْمَعِينَ

Those who reject Faith, and die rejecting,- on them is Allah's curse, and the curse of angels, and of all mankind;

Surah Al-Baqara, Ayah 162:

خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا لَا يُخَفَّفُ عَنْهُمُ الْعَذَابُ وَلَا هُمْ يُنظَرُونَ

They will abide therein: Their penalty will not be lightened, nor will respite be their (lot).

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

May Allah tala save us from such a Disgraceful end

آمين يا رب العالمين

M.I.A.
03-29-2016, 08:33 PM

Your not ready for the truth.

I remember primary school and the headmaster says..

Describing a vision of hell as a banqueting table filled with all sorts of delight.. But the people sitting at the table eat with 8 foot chop sticks..

A terrible torment.

Heaven?

The same table, food and chop sticks.

...this is why we can't have nice things.

Everything sounds easy in theory.

Unfortunately some people just can't help beating themselves and others about the head with there's... Chop sticks that is.

Eric H
03-29-2016, 10:07 PM

Eric the Troll strikes again.

Islam teaches us to speak the truth, regardless of whether the Kuffar and Mushrikun like it or not.
I came to this forum ten years ago, in the hope that Muslims and Christians can live in peace together, I have met some wonderful people here and that give me hope. The same God hears all our prayers despite our differences, we can all trace our roots back to Adam, we share so much.

Even your Bible says there are Sins which God does not forgive, but Christians play fast and loose with it,
I agree with both your comments.

In the spirit of praying for a greater interfaith understanding,

Eric

ardianto
03-29-2016, 10:09 PM

Eric
Greeting and peace be with you Eric H.

Among 72 dead victims, 58 of them are Muslims. And 29 are children.

More than 230 wounded. But I read a report that many people in Pakistan, both Muslims and Christians donate blood to help the wounded, together.

May Allah restore peace in Pakistan.

ardianto
03-29-2016, 10:11 PM
Eric the Troll strikes again
Please don't be rude like this, bro.

Ineed Umar
03-30-2016, 05:56 AM
وعليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

Even of it wasn't it's a Haraam festival.

We only have two Festivals, that's the 2 Eids.

جزاك الله خيرا
Salaam again! We only have 2 Holidays Eid I don't think so festivals like spring festivals are haram, likewise thanksgiving which IMO has nothing wrong against teachings of Islam and just brings families closer, so does celebrating independence of any country. Besides the festival was not religious in any shape or form merely every Pakistani I have ever encountered said to me that the festival was held to praise Allah who has bestowed us spring season..

Eric H
03-30-2016, 07:45 AM
Greetings and peace be with you ardianto;

More than 230 wounded. But I read a report that many people in Pakistan, both Muslims and Christians donate blood to help the wounded, together.
Sometimes tragedies can bring people together, Muslim blood might go to Christians, and Christian to Muslims. Families suffer the same regardless of religion, We hope and pray that the victims and their families can grow in peace together.

May Allah restore peace in Pakistan.
Amen.

In the spirit of praying for mercy, forgiveness and compassion.

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.