PDA

View Full Version : Why is Allah doing this to me.



smallkid
03-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Everything happens in a opposite way for me.


This week I have paid more sadqah, and accidents happened to me. Whereas the logic and Quran says that Sadqah prevents you from accidents.


I helped others, and Allah abandoned me whereas Quran says when you help others Allah helps you.


Why Allah is doing everything in my life like this ?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
03-27-2016, 07:37 PM
Asalamualykum,

Never question Allah swa.

Because even though we may not be able to see the wisdom behind our calamities there is always a good reason behind everything.

The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allaah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Calamities are good for the believer in the sense that reward is stored up for him the Hereafter thereby; how can it be otherwise when he is raised in status thereby and his bad deeds are expiated? The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When Allaah wills good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for him in this world, and when Allaah wills ill for His slave, he withholds the punishment for his sins from him until he comes with all his sins on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

Please visit this link to read more; https://islamqa.info/en/71236

May Allah swt remove the stress and difficulty in your life Ameen.
Reply

Serinity
03-27-2016, 08:20 PM
Sometimes it is harder said than done, I know. I tried it.

Just try not to utter stuff you'd regret. :) :salam:
Reply

OmAbdullah
03-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Everything happens in a opposite way for me.


This week I have paid more sadqah, and accidents happened to me. Whereas the logic and Quran says that Sadqah prevents you from accidents.


I helped others, and Allah abandoned me whereas Quran says when you help others Allah helps you.


Why Allah is doing everything in my life like this ?


Assalaamo alaikum

This is a test because Allah's principle is to test mankind but Allah's and HISProphet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam's words are very true. According to their words sadaqah and helping others are helpful and good for Muslims. You have to think patiently and you should practice humbleness in front of Allah because Allah knows and we know not. I am giving the following points for your consideration. Think about them and it may be that you will understand the reason.


1. Patience: We should not demand the reward of our good deeds like sadaqa and helping others etc. urgently in this life. Rather we must pray to Allah saying, "Ya Allah, accept my good deeds and charities for the next world, and also forgive me my faults".

This is true that when we try to do a good deed, many mistakes may happen due to which I fear that my good deed was not performed up to the standard. You may have noticed that when an imam finishes a congregational prayer in a Masjid, he starts saying "astaghfirullah". An ignorant person may question, why astaghfirullah? The imam did a great righteous deed, he led so many Muslims in prayer. He is expected to earn a lot of reward, but he is repenting to Allah as if he made sins!!!


The imam says "astaghfirullah" after prayer and everyone of us must do the same. There are two reasons for it, 1. our prayer, certainly was not up to the standard. 2. We must remain humble in front of Allah.

Once the Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam was asked by the companions. They said, "ya rasool-Allah, does a mo'min (practicing believer) fear Allah when he commits a sin?"


The Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam replied, "a mo'min fears Allah when he does a righteous deed". Thus the imam as well as the Muslims become humble, say astaghfirullah and pray to Allah, "Ya Allah accept my good deed and forgive me, Please give me reward in the Hereafter, aameen"

In the light of the above explanation, I think, that you have lack of patience.


2. Allah is Ghanee (Self-Sufficient), so does not need anything from us, We are depending upon Allah for everything. Allah knows our interior thoughts and is very Kind to us. If Allah sees that a Muslim's aim is to achieve all reward here because he/she is ignorant then Allah, to make us understand, will do like Allah has done to you. May Allah forgive me, Allah knows best and I know not. I write these things only according to my understanding. So, I think, there may be a lesson for you not to demand the reward here, rather, expect the reward in the next world.



3. Think about your earnings, are these lawful Islamically? Even if your earnings are halaal but you are keeping your wealth in banks with interest/ usury, then you are adding haram money to your savings. In such cases you may get such response, and in this too there will be a lesson to guide you right before death comes.


Say lots of du'aa and astaghfaar, Allah will help you and protect you even without charity
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
saif-uddin
03-27-2016, 11:13 PM
Allah tala doesn't owe anyone
Reply

saif-uddin
03-27-2016, 11:15 PM
We owe Allah tala everything,

When we do an act of Ibadaah, we are doing it for our own benefit,

We are not doing it for Allah tala benefit, nor are we doing him any favours,

جزاك الله خيرا
Reply

farhan
03-31-2016, 08:09 PM
:sl:

Allah knows everything. Believe in QADR. Trust Him and move on.

Reply

'Abd-al Latif
03-31-2016, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Everything happens in a opposite way for me.

This week I have paid more sadqah, and accidents happened to me. Whereas the logic and Quran says that Sadqah prevents you from accidents.

I helped others, and Allah abandoned me whereas Quran says when you help others Allah helps you.

Why Allah is doing everything in my life like this ?

Really bro? You're going to question Allah over His actions? You think Allah has abandoned you when He tests and tries the ones whom He loves? Do not think so negatively as Al-Hasan al-Basri (a famous scholar of the past) said: "Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur, for perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom."

Firstly bro everything that happens is good for the believer as the Prophet (saw) said "Amazing is the affair of the believer, verily all of his affair is good and this is not for no one except the believer. If something of good/happiness befalls him he is grateful and that is good for him. If something of harm befalls him he is patient and that is good for him" (Saheeh Muslim #2999)

Now that you know everything that Allah does is good for you, you must trust His decree. A famous scholar once said "“When Allah tests you it is never to destroy you. When He removes something in your possession it is (only) in order to empty your hands for an even greater gift!” (Ibn al-Qayyim)

Patience! The Prophet (saw) said "No one can be given a blessing better and greater than patience" (Al-Bukhari). Ask Allah to give you an understanding of His wisdom and guidance through this trial. Perhaps Allah wants to take the world away from you so that He can hear your voice in du'aa. Perhaps Allah wishes to increase you in iman and certainty in faith through your handships or perhaps Allah wants to forgive you of your sins. Think the best of Allah! There is nothing but goodness in His decree.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-01-2016, 07:57 AM
:salamext:

Recite Darood Shareef constantly :ia:
Reply

Smoke
04-01-2016, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Everything happens in a opposite way for me.


This week I have paid more sadqah, and accidents happened to me. Whereas the logic and Quran says that Sadqah prevents you from accidents.


I helped others, and Allah abandoned me whereas Quran says when you help others Allah helps you.


Why Allah is doing everything in my life like this ?
Allah swt gives and witholds to whom He pleases and He is never unjust in doing so. We are His slaves and we submit to Him. Maybe this is happening so you learn what true submission is. Make istighfaar it'll guide you out of everything.
Reply

smallkid
04-04-2016, 07:22 PM
All of you are in best of emaan because you havent felt things which are halal withheld from you. I am on the other hand is really questioning my faith with each failure. Its not a question anymore that my effort will help me, because I already know the outcome that I will fail, and it happens that I fail despite giving my best.

I am literally crying writing this but I have done so much Quran, Surahs prayers, Tahajjud etc that I have stopped trusting them anymore. Even jummah prayers are a burden on me. I mean how can someone fail in everything without any changes in fortune. Its become a joke now.


I dont know what path to take or go. I think hell will be easier for me than these failures. I am surely burdened with more than I can bear. The only reason I am alive is because of my parent and this coming from a 25 years old man who is at peak shows you how much has he been tried and tested. Never have I done anything wrong to anyone. I have done my fair share of duas,darood, and zikrs but outcome is failures.

May Allah pardon me. I have seen people getting things with so much ease without any effort, but in my case, even when I give 100% i am sure to fail. It has become a joke now.
Reply

smallkid
04-04-2016, 07:25 PM
My request to everyone reading this post is to pray for my death so that I die in emaan. It will be a help from you because otherwise I can do shirk and I will taste hell fire. My life is beyond repair I have realized. Please pray for my death.
Reply

smallkid
04-04-2016, 07:27 PM
I sometimes regret not doing haram things and striving for things that are pleasing to Allah and failing. I have let myself, and my family down.
Reply

Serinity
04-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
All of you are in best of emaan because you havent felt things which are halal withheld from you. I am on the other hand is really questioning my faith with each failure. Its not a question anymore that my effort will help me, because I already know the outcome that I will fail, and it happens that I fail despite giving my best.

I am literally crying writing this but I have done so much Quran, Surahs prayers, Tahajjud etc that I have stopped trusting them anymore. Even jummah prayers are a burden on me. I mean how can someone fail in everything without any changes in fortune. Its become a joke now.


I dont know what path to take or go. I think hell will be easier for me than these failures. I am surely burdened with more than I can bear. The only reason I am alive is because of my parent and this coming from a 25 years old man who is at peak shows you how much has he been tried and tested. Never have I done anything wrong to anyone. I have done my fair share of duas,darood, and zikrs but outcome is failures.

May Allah pardon me. I have seen people getting things with so much ease without any effort, but in my case, even when I give 100% i am sure to fail. It has become a joke now.
Look at it this way:

Perhaps Allah is saving you from a great disaster if you pass the test, like perhaps you forget Allah completely, or something completely unthinkable / unpredicatable to us.

I've been tested too. And trust me I've become angry, very angry, sometimes I said words I regret. I am in the same boat as you, but not as severe.. Tho it has become more tho. I always doubt the validity of my prayers, etc.

So stay strong, @farhan's post illustrates the point I am trying to make.

Perhaps you don't even need this job? Idk, but I feel ya.

May Allah make us die with Imaan. I rather die with imaan soon, than live a long live in danger of major sins.
Reply

smallkid
04-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Brother for how long can you stay strong ?

I am questioning the existence of God because all the duas and daroods from the manual of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) are disappearing in thin air.
Reply

Serinity
04-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Brother for how long can you stay strong ?

I am questioning the existence of God because all the duas and daroods from the manual of Hazrat Muhammad (PBUH) are disappearing in thin air.
Alhamdulillah, you seem to have no problem with praying etc, right?

my problem is your problem reversed I think.. Dunya is good, my deen is a struggle. I think.

But try better! I wanna help you with your exams, math etc. Can I? I wanna help you! What are you having trouble with? Math? English? What? I want to help.

Perhaps with me helping you, Allah will help me with my deen. my deen is a mess. :/
Reply

smallkid
04-04-2016, 07:43 PM
I have no deen or dunya whatsoever. I am a Zombie. Allah hates me. However, no dua can do a miracle for me. I am not strong enough to go to an Amil (Black Magician) for help. I believe that those who do not trust Allah and do whatever they like are the happiest. I have trusted Allah and look where I am.
Reply

Serinity
04-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I have no deen or dunya whatsoever. I am a Zombie. Allah hates me. However, no dua can do a miracle for me. I am not strong enough to go to an Amil (Black Magician) for help. I believe that those who do not trust Allah and do whatever they like are the happiest. I have trusted Allah and look where I am.
Try to not question Allah as best as possible. I know your frustrations.

Focus on what you are good at, are you good at math? Physics? Chemistry? Or programming? me personally, my strongest subject was maths, physics, chemistry, and English. History and Politics a little.

It is good you are making dua, but now with the duas, ask your teachers etc, what you do wrong everytime, and what to focus most on.
Reply

smallkid
04-04-2016, 07:51 PM
I wish it would have been that simple, but unfortunately it is not.

Can Allah punish people whose lives have been made miserable by Allah himself ? (Where is the logic, if Allah is making your life miserable and there is no solution but suicide ? )
Reply

Serinity
04-04-2016, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I wish it would have been that simple, but unfortunately it is not.

Can Allah punish people whose lives have been made miserable by Allah himself ? (Where is the logic, if Allah is making your life miserable and there is no solution but suicide ? )
Seriously, ask your teachers, I did, good communication with your teachers is key, I'd say.
Reply

smallkid
04-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Who's the teacher ?
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-05-2016, 09:04 AM
@smallkid what is the main problem?
Reply

noraina
04-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Brother, you have been given some very good advice. Allah SWT does NOT hate you, it could be that He wants to bring you closer to the Deen, to perfect your worship by you turning to Him in a time of difficulty. This could be Allah calling you to Him, so do not turn away. Have tawakkul, have trust in Allah's plan. As humans we sometimes only see a tiny pixel, it is Allah Who has the whole picture and can see things you are not yet aware of.

Try to read the story of the Prophet Ayyub (AS), his whole life pretty much fell apart and he must have struggled a lot but he kept his faith up.

And don't wish for death, life is too beautiful and has so many opportunities :).
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 10:30 AM
My sister, isnt years of trial enough. I came close to Allah and when bad things continued to happen, I went back to what I was.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-05-2016, 10:34 AM
So what have are you saying? Just because Allaah is constantly testing you, you want to end your life?

If that was what the Prophets did, we would be nowhere.

Allaah ONLY tests you because He 1) loves you or 2) cleanses you of your sins
Reply

Umm Abed
04-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by smallkid
My sister, isnt years of trial enough. I came close to Allah and when bad things continued to happen, I went back to what I was.
Salam,

Never have a bad opinion of Allah Ta'ala. You can make dua asking Allah swt to remove your difficulties, and be patient.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 11:33 AM
The most worrying thinng for me is to think what if e. Allah is not really in control and I have wasted my life by making revisions to for the pleasure of Allah and losing dunya because of those decisions.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Muhammad :saws: was sinless since birth, so your point is flawed.
Reply

Ineed Umar
04-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Mr. Deist is indeed right about about there being such a hadith in Bukhari but anything thing which goes against QURAN goes in the bin. Also here is an article confronting the whole issue

http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/do...uming_he_did__

Please post had it and source because I had to Google to find it and it was very hard to find.

Please read more from hear.
Reply

Eric H
04-05-2016, 01:27 PM
Greetings and peace be with you smallkid;

I shall only be 67 in a couple of weeks, and life is tough, you blunder from one crisis to the next. When you come to accept that life is not easy, you just accept it and get on with it.

Henry Ford, the founder of the Ford motor company said, whether you believe you can, or you believe you can't, you are probably right. You seem to have given up, and believe you can't, so that makes your belief right.

Once you believe you can, you then have to get of the bandwagon of despair, you need a determination and perseverance to succeed, it will not be handed to you. My daughter who is now 35 and has suffered with epilepsy through her life, she can cross the road and collapse in the middle of the road, somehow she finds the strength to keep going. She said failure is only failure when you stop trying and give up.

Failure happens when you blame others for your problems, if you are not doing enough, you need to do more.

I know you have the strength to keep going, and overcome your problems and doubts. You don't have to believe me, YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.

In the spirit of praying for the strength to persevere with loving kindness.

Eric
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 02:26 PM
Why is Allah goving everyone a similar test of 5 prayers, hajj and 30 days of fasting when he knows some people will fast in air conditioned rooms while the poor will fast working under scorching sun. Why Allah has commanded us 5 prayers when he knows that activity level of everyone is not the same. There is no equality in anything.
Reply

Umm Abed
04-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Why is Allah goving everyone a similar test of 5 prayers, hajj and 30 days of fasting when he knows some people will fast in air conditioned rooms while the poor will fast working under scorching sun. Why Allah has commanded us 5 prayers when he knows that activity level of everyone is not the same. There is no equality in anything.
Allah swt knows us more than we know our own selves, after all, He is our Creator. It is not befitting for creation to question the Creator and we must be content in all conditions.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 02:35 PM
I havent seen anyone suffer more than me. Everyone has atleast one success in life despite all their shprtcomings. I have none despite trying to remain as much close to Allah as possible. When my friends were drinking, I was doing tahajjud just to make Allah happy. And now each and everyone of them is a bacon of success, and I am here talking about suicide. Where is fairness of Allah ?
Reply

Umm Abed
04-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I havent seen anyone suffer more than me. Everyone has atleast one success in life despite all their shprtcomings. I have none despite trying to remain as much close to Allah as possible. When my friends were drinking, I was doing tahajjud just to make Allah happy. And now each and everyone of them is a bacon of success, and I am here talking about suicide. Where is fairness of Allah ?
If you question like 'where is the fairness.." that in itself shows there is a huge deficiency in you which you need to work on. You need a constant introspection from yourself in order that you may succeed in life.

What I can say is, say, "Alhamdulillah for every condition You have put me in, O Allah!" and surely Allah's help will be with you ameen.

Have a look at your company. Dont mix with the wrong crowd or its effect will come on you. Their success is short lived, remember that. In any case, look at your own life, not others'
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-05-2016, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Why is Allah goving everyone a similar test of 5 prayers, hajj and 30 days of fasting when he knows some people will fast in air conditioned rooms while the poor will fast working under scorching sun. Why Allah has commanded us 5 prayers when he knows that activity level of everyone is not the same. There is no equality in anything.
How is this a test?!?! WHY would you not want to worship the one who created you? Get yourself checked out for JInns brother, you are speaking very wrongly.
Reply

noraina
04-05-2016, 03:10 PM
Brother, I will say again these trials you are facing are for a reason, a purpose - it is part of the test that life is, and failure only happens when you stop trying. So long as you struggle, have faith in Allah, build yourself back up, you are succeeding no matter how the odds might be. Even if everything is going wrong and you carry on trying that is no failure. Failure is when you despair in yourself and of Allah.

I feel as if you have lost patience - this is a vital trait of a believer, indeed of everyone who is successful. Continue your ibadat, and have patience. If you give up now you will have failed. The fact that you are posting here, asking for help and guidance, acknowledging your weakness is a great thing, it means you have not quite given up yet.

You might be feeling weak but hold on to Allah SWT. He will give you strength and guidance, He will show you the way, but only if you let Him and if you let go you'd only find yourself on your own. When you have no other friend or companion Allah is there for you.

Wa Alaykum Assalam
Reply

sister herb
04-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I havent seen anyone suffer more than me. Everyone has atleast one success in life despite all their shprtcomings. I have none despite trying to remain as much close to Allah as possible. When my friends were drinking, I was doing tahajjud just to make Allah happy. And now each and everyone of them is a bacon of success, and I am here talking about suicide. Where is fairness of Allah ?
You haven´t seen anyone suffer more than you? Then, dear brother, I have to say that you haven´t seen a life very much, at the least not yet. Look around yourself and you can see suffering everywhere in this world - much more than you can ever imagine.

I think that it tells a lot about the human nature how we usually are reacting when we face something good or something bad in our lives. When something bad happens, we blame about it our destiny or Allah, while we should remember to thank Him. We should thank Him when something good happens to us - but we many times forget but also thank Him when something bad happens - but then we start to blame Him, be angry for Him or question His existance.
Reply

Muslim Woman
04-05-2016, 03:35 PM
:sl:


Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope.


(سورة البقرة, Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #286)
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 03:50 PM
Then my dear sister you havent been tested enough . lucky u.
Reply

Muslim Woman
04-05-2016, 04:03 PM
:sl:

Originally Posted by smallkid
Then my dear sister you havent been tested enough . lucky u.


how do u know ? We all have problems ; Prophets pbut faced more problems than us . No Prophet ever committed suicide . Put your focus on hereafter rather than this temporary world .
Reply

sister herb
04-05-2016, 04:03 PM
I would say that a person who have been tested "enough" and is still thankful to Allah is lucky.
Reply

Serinity
04-05-2016, 04:50 PM
:salam:

I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think..................

you need to put your FULL Trust in ALLAH and SUBMIT to HIM 100% and when you say "Oh Allah help me" BELIEVE it MEAN IT! And seek refuge within Allah from the accursed Shaytaan, BUT trust ALLAH, thaT INDEED He protects you!

And when you go to your exams, think to yourself "I know I can do it, Allah is on my side! I will strive, I will do my best, I will get my exams this year!" And put your FULL reliance on Allah, and strive with all you have.

This, I've been lacking soooooooooooooo much. I constantly sought refuge within Allah, but what I lacked was trust in Allah, that indeed, yes, He will protect. That is why I was still experiencing waswass, and started questioning........ I did wrong, I did not trust Allah. I will try now..

So my advice:

Trust Allah, with all your power, seek refuge within Allah from all evil, with conviction, and start your homework.

my problem is I lack trust in Allah. :(
And Allah knows best.
Reply

Umm Abed
04-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Then my dear sister you havent been tested enough . lucky u.
Many of us has been through enormous trials and difficulties, but knowing that Allah is close by is complete comfort, alhamdulillah.
Reply

Serinity
04-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Is it permissible to say

"I believe I can do this, I believe in myself, cause I believe in Allah, and I believe Allah believes in me." ?

Allah PUTS you through something cause HE knows you can do it, and He knows the outcome, BUT the problem is YOU don't believe in yourself, that yes, you can. You believe in Allah, but if you don't believe in yourself, that you can do this, then idk where you are going.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 05:00 PM
My trials dont end your trials have ended after sometime or you were good enough to tackle your problems. I am neither good enough or have missed opportunities thinking that Allah will cover up for me because I was following him. He didnt.
Reply

Umar Ibn Farooq
04-05-2016, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Everything happens in a opposite way for me.


This week I have paid more sadqah, and accidents happened to me. Whereas the logic and Quran says that Sadqah prevents you from accidents.


I helped others, and Allah abandoned me whereas Quran says when you help others Allah helps you.


Why Allah is doing everything in my life like this ?
Allah is so merciful he's letting you breathe.

Be grateful
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 05:16 PM
When there are only failures in my life and no one thing where I am good, how can I believe in myself. Things that i do with 100% pure intention and conviction leads me to failures. All these efforts are backed by my parents duas, my 100% intentions and effort. I cannot figure out why do I fail when I am clicking all the right boxes.
Reply

Serinity
04-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
When there are only failures in my life and no one thing where I am good, how can I believe in myself. Things that i do with 100% pure intention and conviction leads me to failures. All these efforts are backed by my parents duas, my 100% intentions and effort. I cannot figure out why do I fail when I am clicking all the right boxes.
do you even need what you are striving for (your exam)?

A. you have gotten the test wrong.
B. you haven't pressed the right box yet / figured out the answer.
Reply

Eric H
04-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Greetings and peace be with you smallkid;

Pray as if everything depends on Allah, work as if everything depends on your own efforts.

In the spirit of not giving up.

Eric
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 05:31 PM
No i used it metaphorically. This is what my life has been no results despute doing everything correctly.
Reply

Serinity
04-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you smallkid;

Pray as if everything depends on Allah, work as if everything depends on your own efforts.

In the spirit of not giving up.

Eric
I don't understand the first sentence,

Pray as if everything depends on Allah. Wanna clarify? May Allah guide us all. Ameen.
Reply

sister herb
04-05-2016, 05:53 PM
You never can´t trust to Allah too much.

If you think that everything you have done in your lifetime has been only one big failure, it´s now a good time to sit down, think seriously what you have done, what you could do by other way and start new life.

Sorry to say, but your self-pity doesn´t help you at all.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 05:59 PM
I have run out of options. Atleast self pity gives me a chance to cry on myself. At 25 you cant change much. People make fun of me like crazy because I have trusted Allah didnot achieve anything in this world and hereafter. I am a zombie now.
Reply

sister herb
04-05-2016, 06:04 PM
At 25 you can change all your life. I, as 49, can do it too if I need to. It´s never too late. Did you notice one other thread here about 92 year old lady who reverted to Islam? It wasn´t too late to her too.
Reply

ardianto
04-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
I don't understand the first sentence,

Pray as if everything depends on Allah. Wanna clarify? May Allah guide us all. Ameen.
We must believe that everything happen because Allah decide it happen. And something would not happen if Allah decide it would not happen. We must believe that whatever will be happen to us, it's determined by Allah.

However, we must also believe that we have to do our best effort to reach what we expect, by pray and work. And then Allah will give what the best for us based on the effort that we have done.
Reply

Souljette
04-05-2016, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I havent seen anyone suffer more than me. Everyone has atleast one success in life despite all their shprtcomings. I have none despite trying to remain as much close to Allah as possible. When my friends were drinking, I was doing tahajjud just to make Allah happy. And now each and everyone of them is a bacon of success, and I am here talking about suicide. Where is fairness of Allah ?
Asalamualaykum bro are you living in Syria? Cuz I'm pretty sure if ur not living there then you surely hv seen people suffering more than you or at least heard if not seen.. And bro you are just thinking about yourself for which reason every flaw of yours seems magnified I think you need to go somewhere or go to a orphanage or a village where you can ponder upon what your saying... Allah gives to those who are grateful who are patient during tests.. You have become pessimistic and you can not go anywhere if you stop beIrving in yourself ..start believing in yourself
Reply

Eric H
04-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Serinity;

I don't understand the first sentence,

Pray as if everything depends on Allah. Wanna clarify? May Allah guide us all. Ameen.
There is both Allah and you, so you have to look at the complete quote to try and make sense of it, pray as if everything depends on Allah, work as if everything depends on your own efforts.

It's not enough to pray for the poor and sit at home doing nothing, likewise, if you are going to help them, but do not offer up your efforts in prayer, it might seem to say you can do it all on your own without help from Allah.

For example, if you volunteered in a soup kitchen to help the poor, and prayed for your efforts to be blessed, and give thanks to Allah for all the good things that happen, that seems to be the more complete solution.

Does that make any sense?

Blessings

Eric
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Dear Eric,

Every year I think next year will be better for last 10 years and things are only going downhill. How can I not lose hope and panic ?
Reply

Serinity
04-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Serinity;



There is both Allah and you, so you have to look at the complete quote to try and make sense of it, pray as if everything depends on Allah, work as if everything depends on your own efforts.

It's not enough to pray for the poor and sit at home doing nothing, likewise, if you are going to help them, but do not offer up your efforts in prayer, it might seem to say you can do it all on your own without help from Allah.

For example, if you volunteered in a soup kitchen to help the poor, and prayed for your efforts to be blessed, and give thanks to Allah for all the good things that happen, that seems to be the more complete solution.

Does that make any sense?

Blessings

Eric
yeah it makes sense, Thanks.

So it is like, Allah's will and our efforts = success. Without Allah's help, there is no success, without our efforts, the exams won't write themselves............ kinda. Therfore no success there either.

One's actions will be more blessed with the help of Allah. and it is one of the ways to show gratefulness to Allah, and not be arrogant, ie. think everything you did was because of you only, etc.
Reply

Serinity
04-05-2016, 08:10 PM
@smallkid if Allah wanted, He could do everything Himself, but He lets us struggle, etc. To see who is best in deed.

Sometimes, Allah tries us, so that we may gain patience, humbleness, etc. For example, you may go through a hard time, but that is only to make you stronger. The real goal/test is not that you get the this or that, but that you may attain something in that hardship, that you wouldn't have attained otherwise.


Like for a diamond to become a diamond, a shinning gem, it has to go through high temperatures etc.

And Allah knows best.
Reply

Alpha Dude
04-05-2016, 08:25 PM
:sl:

The mind is powerful. Positivity begets positivity. Consistently being positive will lead you to be more confident.

Allah has said, as per hadith, to the effect: "I am as my servant thinks I am". This shows the importance of optimism and positive thinking. If you doubt and don't think Allah will help you, then your duas are fruitless but if you truly believe that Allah is going to give you what is best for you (note my choice of wording here - I say what is best for you - not "exactly what you ask for"), then you will always have good in your life.

The key is, you need to let go of your ego and understand that you don't know everything and don't know what is and what isn't good for you (in this life and the next). Only Allah does and you should always have the positive opinion that whatever happens, Allah is always going to do good by you and there is always a reason for anything bad that happens. This way, you will always be content. Anything else will leave you confused and with a half hearted approach to your religion.

Also, we have to pray to Allah because it is our duty to do so. Even if we are being persecuted, beaten up, have no money, no food, no limbs, ridden by disease, that does not make us lose our obligation of praying. The point I'm making is that we don't pray for the sake of worldly benefit but we pray because Allah is worthy of worship and it is his right and our duty as slaves to do it. We have to realise the grand scheme here.

You seem to have 'the grass is greener on the other side' mentality. Nope. It's not true. Everyone has problems. Loads of people out there have many issues that nobody knows about and they are just as bad as yours and in many cases much much worse. There's 6 billion surplus people in this world. Of these, there must be many millions going through extreme suffering. Point is, you are not alone and Allah is not messing about with you.

Contentment is what you're missing. You should aim to be content with whatever happens in your life, be it good or bad. Just move on, draw a line under the bad things that happen and look forward. Never think about the past and what could have been - only use any negative experience as something to learn from for the future.

Life is a test. Accept it. And stop caring about what other people think of you. It's not important enough to become depressed about.
Reply

noraina
04-05-2016, 08:30 PM
Brother, you seem to think no other person has ever been as unfortunate as you because no one else seems to be as despaired as you. I can say that many of us here, and most of the people you will come across in life, have been though immense difficulties and trials in life, some so difficult subhanAllah. The difference here is that they keep their faith in Allah, use this as a chance to better themselves and not give up.

Using bro Serenity's analogy, in order to grow a seed has to completely break and shatter itself apart in order for its beauty to burst through. Similarly, scars in life are just a sign that you were tested but strove on and succeeded.

You need to look at those less fortunate than you, as the Prophet (pbuh) said, saying Alhamdulillah in the face of hardship is a admirable quality all of us should try to cultivate inshaAllah.
Reply

Alpha Dude
04-05-2016, 08:40 PM
I just came across this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35958730

An article about a guy in India cleaning sewers with his bare hands with no safety equipment - for only 5 dollars a day.

Reflect on that. His situation is far from unique and there are many millions in his position and many millions in a far worse state than him. We don't realise the manner in which we are blessed. You mentioned that your parents are well off - well, be thankful for that at least, many people don't have any food.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 08:43 PM
I guess I am going to try hinduism or christianity next.
Reply

Alpha Dude
04-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I guess I am going to try hinduism or christianity next.
Instead of taking any advice people give you on board you come out wallowing in self-pity and make remarks like this.

Nobody can help you since you don't want to help yourself and that is the truth of the matter.

I think your self pity thread should be closed like it has been in the past cos there's no point in them. This isn't the first thread you've made about the same issue and it's always the same, no real reflection or wanting to change.
Reply

smallkid
04-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Yes, I am feeling the same nothing can help me other than a miracle and that wont happen ever so yes this thread should be closed. Sorry if I have offended anyone. Its my choice to stay on this deen or not, I should not be saying it on a public forum. Sorry again.
Reply

Serinity
04-05-2016, 09:16 PM
Do you have a bed to sleep? Shelter? a roof? Food? Clothing? Enough money?

If so, then you are already blessed! Btw, have you asked for help, or tried to rectify your problems? What exactly are you having problems with? May Allah guide you. Ameen.
Reply

OmAbdullah
04-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
All of you are in best of emaan because you havent felt things which are halal withheld from you. I am on the other hand is really questioning my faith with each failure. Its not a question anymore that my effort will help me, because I already know the outcome that I will fail, and it happens that I fail despite giving my best.

I am literally crying writing this but I have done so much Quran, Surahs prayers, Tahajjud etc that I have stopped trusting them anymore. Even jummah prayers are a burden on me. I mean how can someone fail in everything without any changes in fortune. Its become a joke now.


I dont know what path to take or go. I think hell will be easier for me than these failures. I am surely burdened with more than I can bear. The only reason I am alive is because of my parent and this coming from a 25 years old man who is at peak shows you how much has he been tried and tested. Never have I done anything wrong to anyone. I have done my fair share of duas,darood, and zikrs but outcome is failures.

May Allah pardon me. I have seen people getting things with so much ease without any effort, but in my case, even when I give 100% i am sure to fail. It has become a joke now.


May Allah guide you right, aameen. I read many of your posts quickly on this page only and I found the following points for which I am writing some solutions.


1. Your expectations from Allah are very bad. There is a hadeeth shareef which tells us that Allah deals with people according to their expectations from Allah. (Allah knows best the exact words of HIS Prophet salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam).


Allah is Rahman and Raheem and is GHafoor and Wadood. You must change your bad expectations and start hoping full positive hopes from the depth of your heart, Do astaghfaar, and du'aa with the hope that Allah will accept it. This is a must.


You are ready for suicide because you don't believe in or you don't know about the punishment of Hell. See Quraan, surah Al-Hajj, surah Ibraaheem and surah Al-Kahf for some of the punishments to fear the Hereafter.

Your faith is so weak that you doubt even the existence of God. This is what we are told in hadeeth that due to fitna a person will be momin in the morning and will turn kaafir in the evening... All this is due to the present fitna which is due to the cruelty of mankind and not due to Allah. So be patient and don't loose faith or the everlasting Hell is very very bed.


You regret to go to a magician. Please be careful and never go to them because that is another shirk.


We all are suffering due to fitna of this time. Look at the Syrians, they are killed with hunger. A hadeeth advised us to look at people lower than us that is in more trouble in this world to remain thankful to Allah and look at people of greater piety and patience to become stroner in Islam for success in the hereafter. (In my own words).
Reply

sister herb
04-06-2016, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I guess I am going to try hinduism or christianity next.
And how this would help? There is only one God who can help you - if you change your religion, you don´t get new God who would make different things for you. Instead of that, change yourself; your way of behave and act. That´s the way you can change your destiny. If you only wait that everything will be better for the next year or blame God about every your problems, nothing becomes better.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-06-2016, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Yes, I am feeling the same nothing can help me other than a miracle and that wont happen ever so yes this thread should be closed. Sorry if I have offended anyone. Its my choice to stay on this deen or not, I should not be saying it on a public forum. Sorry again.
If you want peace FIND IT WITHIN YOURSELF.

No one else can give it to you!

:threadclo
Reply

Eric H
04-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Greetings and peace be with you smallkid;

Here are a couple of very simple thing you can do today and everyday, you have to start somewhere.

I spent some time with a man who had been homeless for about five years, he carried everything he owns in a couple of bags. He talked about fighting depression constantly, but he both amazed and humbled me when he talked about his coping method.

Every night when he found somewhere to sleep, he reflected on the day and found several things to thank God for. His place to sleep, the food he ate, a place to wash, the people he met, his dry clothes, and this was from a man who had very little. When you give thanks, it truthfully starts to turn your mind round from negative to positive, or at the very least to survival.

I spent some time with another homeless man, he must have told me half a dozen times that he is not worried, because he knows that God loves him, and he smiled each time he told me. He had worked out in his life that God would grant him eternal salvation, so this made his life on Earth bearable, even though life was full of uncertainties and he had very little.

We don't like to see you suffer, sadly the most we can do for you is give advice, but the advice is given with love and kindness, in the hope that you might find a way out.

Just a thought,

In the spirit of praying for hope.

Eric
Reply

piXie
04-06-2016, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I guess I am going to try hinduism or christianity next.
:sl:

My brother, do you have any idea what a valuable, priceless treasure Allah has blessed you with. What did others have compared to what you had when you stood for tahajjud at night. Subhan Allaah. Whatever problems you are experiencing in this short life, don't throw away all the Ibadan you did. You have Eeman, you have the key to Jannah. Will you get impatient now and throw away that key too?

I don't know what losses you have experienced but that would be the ultimate, ultimate loss!

Wallahi my brother that's not an option. We will not be able to bear that loss on the day of judgement. imsad

In the hadeeth which was narrated by al-Tirmidhi from Abu Hurayrah, who said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: ‘There is no man who prays to Allah and makes dua’ to Him, and does not receive a response. Either it will be hastened for him in this world, or it will be stored up for him in the Hereafter, so long as he does not pray for something sinful, or to cut the ties of kinship, or seek a speedy response.’ They said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, what does seeking a speedy response mean?’ He said, ‘Saying, “I prayed to my Lord and He did not answer me.”’” (Al-Tirmidhi, 3859; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 852).

May Allah help you to turn back to Him. Aameen.
Reply

Umm Abed
04-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Yes, I am feeling the same nothing can help me other than a miracle and that wont happen ever so yes this thread should be closed. Sorry if I have offended anyone. Its my choice to stay on this deen or not, I should not be saying it on a public forum. Sorry again.
Are you performing your 5 daily salahs?

Salah is key to success.

You know in adhan it is said, 'hayya alal falaah! hayya alal falaah!" 'Come towards success! Come towards success!'

So yes, salah is key to success in this world and akhirah.
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-07-2016, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I guess I am going to try hinduism or christianity next.
*claps* BRAVO! Well done to succumbing to the Shaytaan!!! :popcorn:

Congratulations to a life of eternity in Hell. :coolious:
Reply

smallkid
04-07-2016, 12:54 PM
My problem is solved now. But now I feel my old life was better. Even the solution brings misery and pain and non solution also. Why is my life like that ?
Reply

Ineed Umar
04-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Millions of Muslim kids starve daily look upon them.

In the time of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) he was stoned by his enemies. Look upon that.

In the time of Hazrat Ibrahim (Abraham ) he was about to thrown in fire.

Hazrat Isa (Jesus) was crucified.

Look upon all of these what do you see? Patience darling patience.

Besides Palestine ain't converting for sufferings they had gone thru.

But on the other hand.

Shaytan was impatient and greedy before, he was not shay tan by default but a jinn, a pious entity but look now he whispers evil into hearts taking his irony out on us. Same could be brought upon you.

Besides no offense but how r Hindu or Christian lives better than typical Muslims'? I mean all are living their life like they want! All I repeat they all commit crime regardless of faith. All have their restrictions as well. Vegetarianism for Hindus. Again no offense for Hindu members of forums just pointing out facts.
Reply

smallkid
04-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Why nothing good ever happens to me like it happens to others ?
Reply

sister herb
04-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
Why nothing good ever happens to me like it happens to others ?
Don´t ever compare your life to other´s lives. Your one is unique and so is other´s too.

Maybe you can´t see all the good things what happens to you and some others can and be thankful about it to Allah. Notice the last post of Eric H. Are your socks dry and do you have a place to sleep for the next night? Many times we people have to lost those simple, good things before we learn to understand their value. Unfortunately.
Reply

smallkid
04-07-2016, 01:30 PM
I have an identity crisis. My parents have made me what I never wanted to become. Now even if someone praises my traits it feels an insult to me. I want to die before I destroy some other lives.
Reply

Umm Abed
04-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I have an identity crisis. My parents have made me what I never wanted to become. Now even if someone praises my traits it feels an insult to me. I want to die before I destroy some other lives.
What type of solution are you looking into?

You've received numerous excellent advises.
Reply

smallkid
04-07-2016, 01:50 PM
I am just not content with me as a whole. There is too much wrong with me. I represent 14th century in 21st.
Reply

TheLostOne23
04-07-2016, 02:27 PM
I can say this smallkid you and me are exactly the same I suffered bad problems myself and I feel like a failure however I'm sorry to say but from my side I acted stubborn and didn't take people advice for month because I thought they don't get me but they do, also Allah does understand me a lot more than myself look at me I disrespected him by acting stubborn and drowning myself with these thoughts and I let the shaytaan get the upper hand. You are currently doing the same man so just stop listening and live your life and worship Allah just take it steady I know it isn't easy and trust me I am not saying oh I'm better I'm not I feel like I'm the worst human in the universe having these thoughts but you can't blame Allah for anything you let this happen to yourself Allah won't change you if you don't change yourself. I realise that I have been rude by blaming Allah so go to Allah and apologise cause trust me we only got us to blame not Allah. Also honestly a miracle won't happen till you change your ways my way is to stop commiting previous sins that dropped me to this level and ignore these thoughts and learn more about Allah in the future inshallah. Now again I'll say this I'm nothing special but there is hope. Also 14th century in the 21st what do you mean?
Reply

Umm Abed
04-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I am just not content with me as a whole. There is too much wrong with me. I represent 14th century in 21st.
How about starting correcting yourself? Start with a little at a time, step by step.

Where do you want to start with?
Reply

sister herb
04-07-2016, 02:48 PM
It´s not good to focus to stare only your own problems all the time. When you are thinking that none suffer like you, it would makes good to try for a while some voluntary work with people whose have problems too, like homelessness, refugees etc. You could get some more perspective to the idea what means having problems and might find out that your ones aren´t so big than you have thought all the time. Also, if you feel you are lost by some way, working with people might gives you new ideas about who you are and where are you going.
Reply

ardianto
04-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I have an identity crisis. My parents have made me what I never wanted to become. Now even if someone praises my traits it feels an insult to me. I want to die before I destroy some other lives.
Although your username is smallkid, you are not little kid anymore. You have mature enough to choose your own way of life, to choose what you want to become. By yourself.

And rather than you think to destroy other people life, why don't you think to make other people life becoming better?. You can be a volunteer in blind social institution like my mother has done after my father passed away. Or involved in other social activities. Doing kindness toward the other will make you realize that your life is still valuable, and you are still can give benefit for others. In Shaa Allah, it will makes you feel better.
Reply

Serinity
04-07-2016, 04:38 PM
:salam:

I feel ya, I really do. But you CAN NOT turn away from Islam, the deen of Allah.

It will only further your problems, you will find yourself more confused. Stick with Islam, and have patience.

In my opinion, patience is one of the greatest blessing Allah offered us, as a WAY to take the right choices.

I quote from someone I know "Patience is the best way to correct things without doing them yet"
So don't throw your akhira away on a whim. Have patience, the answer may not come now, but Allah is with the patient.

Don't know what to do? Have patience!

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.
Reply

BeTheChange
04-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Your going wrong with the question you have posed.

Why is Allah doing this to me removes the responsibility from YOU.

What have you done to change the situation?

You don't need to reply back but something to think about...

May Allah swt strengthen your mentality and remove negative thoughts Ameen.
Reply

Serinity
04-08-2016, 03:25 AM
This dua I do to Allah is causing me misunderstandings and thus waswass.

Is this dua OK:

"Oh Allah, guide me back to the straight path (Islam)"

I made this dua. I realise I've distanced myself from Allah, but Alhamdulillah by the Mercy of Allah, I did it in time.
Reply

Search
04-10-2016, 01:05 AM
:bism:

:sl:

You have spoken your mind and now let me be equally honest and forthright: Why are you on a Muslim forum?

And since when is good advice limited to the source being Muslim? Frankly, I am outright disgusted by your attitude to our respected member Eric H here, and I think frankly you should take your own advice and stay silent if you are going to have a negative attitude towards non-Muslims. This is an open Forum meant for a healthy interaction between both groups, Muslim and non-Muslim, and it is best that you keep this in mind and develop a healthy attitude.

And I'm also reporting your post for your disrespectful attitude.

:wa:
Reply

ardianto
04-10-2016, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by Umar Ibn Farooq
.
If I am not wrong, I've ever disagree with one of Eric H post. But I argued him in good manner, not through disrespectful attitude.

Eric H is oldtimer member. I often follow his posts, and I see, he has great respect toward other people from all belief. This is why he is respected by other people too.

Bro, if you want other people respect you, you should learn to respect other people.
Reply

MuslimInshallah
04-10-2016, 03:10 AM
Assalaamu alaikum Umar,


(mildly) But Eric is correct. We need to make our efforts. And we must also put our trust in Allah. There are ahadith such as the following:


Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that a person asked the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him), “Should I tie my camel and have Tawakkul (trust in Allah for her protection) or should I leave her untied and have Tawakkul.” The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) replied, “Tie her and have Tawakkul” [Jami At-Tirmidhi].

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2013/...tting-married/



And there are also the actions of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS)


Another great example is the manner in which the Messenger of Allah (saws) took every precautions possible to evade and escape his enemies amongst the Quraish of Makkah when migrating from Makkah to Madinah during the Hijrah, when the enemies of the Prophet (saws) had sworn and planned to kill him!


  • He (saws) along with his companion Hadrat Abu Bakr (r.a.) traveled south towards Yemen and hid themselves for three days in the cave of Thawr to evade the enemy, rather than take the northerly direction of Madinah.which the Prophet (saws) knew the enemies would obviously pursue in their search!
  • He took provisions with him for the travel.
  • He made arrangements with the family of Hadrat Abu Bakr (r.a.) who would come to them in the cave and give him full information regarding the movements and decisions of the enemies.
  • He hired an expert guide (who incidentally was a disbeliever!) to take him from an abnormal route from Makkah to Madinah.
  • Basically the Prophet (saws) did absolutely everything in his power in his efforts to evade his enemies..and after he (saws) had done everything in his ability to protect himself from harm, he (saws) put his full, absolute, and unconditional trust in His Lord Most High.so much so, that when the enemy search party came as close as the mouth of the very cave where Prophet Mohamed (saws) and Hadrat Abu Bakr (r.a.) had sought refuge, he (saws) declared as is related in the Glorious Quran by Allah Subhanah: If ye help not (the Prophet (saws), it is no matter): for Allah did indeed help him: when the disbelievers drove him out (during the Hijrah): he (saws) had no more than one companion: they two were in the cave and he (saws) said to his companion "have no fear for Allah is with us": then Allah sent down his peace upon him and strengthened him with forces which ye saw not, and humbled to the depths the word of the disbelievers. But the Word of Allah is exalted to the heights: for Allah is Exalted in might Wise. (Surah Taubah 9:40)


Had Allah Subhanah Willed, He could very well have sent down Angels to protect the Prophet (saws); or send the Buraq vehicle to effortlessly transfer the Prophet (saws) from Makkah to Madinah; or even made the Prophet (saws) invisible, etcAllah is our witness sister, none amongst the enemies of the Messenger of Allah (saws) could have even approached him (saws), leave alone harm him (saws)!!!

But the Sunnah or practice employed by the Messenger of Allah (saws) was to strive and do his absolute utmost first, and then after he had done everything that he could possible muster with his intelligence and his strength..he would then put his complete and unconditional trust in his Lord Most Majestic, Most Supreme!

http://www.islamhelpline.net/node/7905


(mildly) It seems to me that Eric has been Blessed with a heart that is open to God. (smile) Perhaps he has not taken any formal step to recognizing that God is One and Unique, and that Mohamed (SAWS) is God's Prophet... but he surely expresses many traits and understandings of one who has surrendered to His Lord.

(mildly) Umar, Allah Sends people across our Paths to Teach us. Whatever their labels and inclinations, it seems to me that we should always be alert to what Allah may be Conveying to us through the people he has Placed in our Path. (gently) And I find that what Eric has to say... is worth thinking about.


May Allah, the Light, Help us to see.
Reply

sister herb
04-10-2016, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by Umar Ibn Farooq
.
Salam alaykum

We are lucky because we have kind of brother in humanity like Eric H in here, to give to us his good advices and opinions about life. People with warm heart are welcomed to everywhere.

:statisfie
Reply

hisnameiszzz
04-10-2016, 08:11 AM
[QUOTE=smallkid;2885178]I havent seen anyone suffer more than me. Everyone has atleast one success in life despite all their shprtcomings.[0/QUOTE]

Dude that is just untrue and unkind. Now I know I am the King of ranting and sometimes self pity on here but I do count my blessings. I have a body that works, I function more or less normally and heaps of other things. To say others have not suffered as much as you is just mean. What about children that are born poorly and have to be hooked up to machines since the day they were born and die soon after or are constantly ill and bed ridden all their lives?

I would love to know exactly what your issues are if you would care to elaborate. Don't worry if you don't want to. That's your call. If it's just material things like jobs and stuff, you should count yourself lucky. I do a professional job which takes it out of me. I hate the job but I am grateful Allah allowed me this job. There are heaps of people out there who can't get jobs even with shed loads of degrees and qualifications.

As someone who is also troubled, I have found that having one of these wonderful people on here as a mentor via pm will really help you. So far I have had two people stay in touch with me and keep me sane. They know who they are and I shall not mention them but thank you.

Also why don't you reach out to an Imam in your area. Speak to him or email him. He will be able to advise you. Do it anonymously like me via an email if you can't do it face to face.

I too wanted to kill myself and still think about it a lot, because nothing went right in my life but I couldn't because I have a few family members who depend on me to help them out so I just couldn't.

Good luck with things. I hope things work out for you. You know where everyone is if you want to chat.

Ps. One final thing. You say you want to ditch Islam and try a different faith. Why go to another faith? Do you think Christians have it easy? Trust me they don't. Everyone has their troubles.
Reply

hisnameiszzz
04-10-2016, 09:53 AM
Oh and Eric H. I'll apologise on behalf of the person who told you to can it. La Sorcia and yourself are true inspirations with your advice and stories.

Now I don't know the rules of this website but I personally love integration. The more religions on here the better. That way we can first hand understand and compare and exchange notes.

And finally Smallkid, I hope I didn't offend you with my earlier post. What you are going through sounds like a huge struggle and I was by no means trying to say it's not important. It's causing you a lot of pain and I am so sorry.
Reply

Eric H
04-10-2016, 12:21 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Umar Ibn Farooq,

I have a profound respect for Muslims, and especially the Muslims on this forum, I have learned so much here. My prayers are for justice for all people in these troubled times, I feel it is so important to support each other, despite our differences. I have stood with Muslim taxi drivers and others in our town, when people have been hurling abuse at them.

I would hope there is still room for both of us on this forum, and may your journey through life be blessed,

Eric
Reply

Muslim Woman
04-10-2016, 01:25 PM
:sl:

Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
Hazrat Isa (Jesus) was crucified.

.

well , Jews wanted to do it but failed . Anyway , i think many good advice have been given to OP . Do members think it's time to close the thread ?
Reply

sister herb
04-10-2016, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:sl:




well , Jews wanted to do it but failed . Anyway , i think many good advice have been given to OP . Do members think it's time to close the thread ?
Maybe it´s the time as OP made new thread here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ost-forum.html

Maybe its better to keep similar matters in one open thread only.
Reply

ramen-thelegend
04-10-2016, 03:30 PM
Is smallkid still here? I have something to say. IF he's still here
Reply

~ Sabr ~
04-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by smallkid
I am just not content with me as a whole. There is too much wrong with me. I represent 14th century in 21st.
Then change yourself!
Reply

Muslim Woman
04-11-2016, 11:39 AM
:sl:


Originally Posted by sister herb
Maybe it´s the time as OP made new thread here:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ost-forum.html

Maybe its better to keep similar matters in one open thread only.


:threadclo
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!