/* */

PDA

View Full Version : EgyptAir hijack

strivingobserver98
03-29-2016, 02:14 PM
Alhamdulilah none injured.

The hijack of a domestic Egyptian flight that caused it to be diverted to Cyprus has ended with all hostages released and the hijacker surrendering. EgyptAir Flight MS181 was taken over by a passenger claiming to be wearing a suicide explosive belt.

Airline officials later said they had been told by Cypriot authorities that the belt was fake.

The hijacker's motives remain unclear but the Cypriot president said the incident was not terrorism-related.

No-one was injured in the hijacking, Cypriot government spokesman Nikos Christodulides tweeted.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-35915139

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
03-29-2016, 04:22 PM
Alhamdulillah for that, everyone was released in the end.

But subhanAllah some parts of the story were strange to say the least! At least in the UK news they were mentioning he initially wanted the plane to be directed towards Turkey but because of low fuel it was landed in Cyprus, where conveniently his ex-wife also happened to live. :hmm: It didn't make sense at all. And then he was demanding asylum? As if after hijacking a plane you will be given anything but prison.

Perhaps as it is looked into the details will become clear. I would be interested to what his motives, if he had any, were.

BilalKid
03-29-2016, 11:03 PM
;D;D

ardianto
03-30-2016, 12:55 PM
A very rare event, passenger take photo with the hijacker.

British passenger Ben Innes (right) and the hijacker, 58 years old Egyptian Seid Eldin Mustafa.

Ben already knew that Seid's bomb belt was fake. That's why he was not afraid to take photo with the 'hijacker'.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
03-31-2016, 08:03 PM
Funny but true.

ardianto
04-03-2016, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
Funny but true.
That's remind me to a beautiful memory with my late wife, when we watched TV and we saw "Tonight movie : Air Force One". I said ...

"Ah, Air Force One. I like this movie"
"What is that movie about?". My wife asked me.
"Hijacking of US presidential airplane"
"Why you like that movie?"
"Because the hijackers are not Arab"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.