/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to stop swearing when something goes wrong?

anonymous
03-30-2016, 02:21 AM
Bad habit. How to overcome this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
03-30-2016, 06:00 AM
Think before speak

eesa the kiwi
03-30-2016, 06:35 AM
By realising the angels are writing down everything you say
You don't really want to come on Qiyyamah and find a whole chapter dedicated to filthy language

*charisma*
03-30-2016, 07:26 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

You have to get your tongue used to saying good things often (not just when bad things happen), and you also should have someone to remind you when they hear you cursing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
03-30-2016, 08:21 AM
:salamext:

My late grandma (may Allaah forgive her sins and grant her Jannatul Firdaus, Ameen) always had a habit of saying Bismillaah before doing anything. Seeing that in my childhood, now if anything happens, e.g. a car pulls out in front of me all of a sudden and I have to brake, etc. I mostly say Bismillaah, even if I say it with as much force as you are using a bad word.

Try and make this your habit :ia:, and Allaah will help you overcome the bad habit, Ameen

noraina
03-30-2016, 08:39 AM
I agree with sister Sabr, I actually always say Bismillah in a situation when I am caught off guard - the other day I was carrying a tray of glasses, it slipped from my hand and they shattered and although I felt anger bubbling inside me saying 'Bismillah', reminded me that Allah is always there and always watching over me, I immediately felt a little calmer. Do dhikr often - and think over the fact that how can that tongue which recites the names of Allah possible ever make itself impure by swearing?

Swearing is a result of anger, and anger is a weakness every Muslim should strive to overcome. Islam makes your entire life an act of worship - so you should always be aware of what you are doing. This is a reminder for myself also, even before I knew much about Islam, I always hated swearing - but sometimes they accidentally slip out of the tongue.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.