/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The seat belt symbolises oppression.

piXie
03-30-2016, 07:02 PM
A police man stops a car because one of the passengers are not wearing a seat belt.

Mans: What's the problem Officer?

Policeman: Sir you are not wearing your seat belt.

Man: I don't believe it's necessary. I am a safe driver.

Policeman: You may be a safe driver but there are always risks while driving.

Man: Life is full of risks officer, that doesn't mean a man ties himself to the seat. That is against freedom and logic.

Policeman: Sir, this is the law and you have to obey.

Man: What kind of oppressive law is this?

Police: It is important for your own safety, Sir.

Man: I believe the belt symbolises oppression.

Policeman: Sir, it is for your safety.

Man: Do not give me a choice between my safety and my freedom officer. I believe that is against logic and immoral.

Policeman: Sir, do not waste my time. I have documented your license number and you will have to pay the fine or risk having your license taken off you.

Man: I will not obey your authority.

The man carries on arguing with the police officer and ends up losing his license.

Later the man starts a campaign against seat belts and how oppressive it is.

This campaign is picked up by the young generation and over the years of campaigning, society eventually accepts that seat belts are oppressive and the laws are changed. The next generation celebrate another step towards liberation and freedom.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
03-30-2016, 07:08 PM
:sl:

We can see a parallel here with Hijab and other Islamic injunctions.

LaSorcia
03-30-2016, 08:15 PM
Hmmm, I am for seat-belts, but I am actually against seat-belt laws. They just end up being another form of random, non-equitable taxation in the USA.

Mustafa16
03-30-2016, 08:23 PM
I agree, the same logic can be used for hijabs or other rules in Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.