Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
03-31-2016, 07:39 AM
Are you referring to the plant or being a wise individual? :D

Smoke
03-31-2016, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
please tell me
Kiro - Be at one with yourself, inside and outside. Be calm, be still. Still waters run deep.

~ Sabr ~
03-31-2016, 09:36 AM
:salamext:

I sincerely hope this is not a serious question. Try and become a good Muslim first :ia: then think of becoming a "higher" Muslim.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
03-31-2016, 12:30 PM
@farhan like my genius thread please

sister herb
03-31-2016, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Are you referring to the plant or being a wise individual? :D
Salvia officinalis came to my mind too.

noraina
03-31-2016, 01:42 PM
A sage sage, nice! :)

Hamza :)
03-31-2016, 02:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Are you referring to the plant :D
oh looool @Kiro u wot m8

strivingobserver98
03-31-2016, 03:56 PM
please tell me
How to be a Sage, how to be a superman. Same thing ;).

http://www.islamicboard.com/feedback...-superman.html

Kiro
03-31-2016, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan
How to be a Sage, how to be a superman. Same thing ;).

www.islamicboard.com/feedback-technical-support/134331932-6-steps-ib-superman.html
bruvvv don't ruin the thread

Hamza :)
03-31-2016, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
How about you stop spamming the forum with your irrelevant threads - this is islamicboard - not Facebook. Savvy?
ouch

Smoke
03-31-2016, 06:24 PM
How about you stop spamming the forum with your irrelevant threads - this is islamicboard - not Facebook. Savvy?
Excuse me

all ll he did was ask how to become a sage - what is a sage - someone of great wisdom! He asks a valid q

Smoke
03-31-2016, 06:39 PM
bruvvv don't ruin the thread
Here we go again

M.I.A.
03-31-2016, 07:02 PM
Take every humbling and humiliating experience and learn from it...

Then when something new happens and your still made a fool out of..

Learn from it.

..learn to appreciate happiness and nievity..

Learn to accept authority.. Although inevitably its something to learn from.

:|

..wait you said saige not bumbling idiot..

Maybe wait for a better response :/

Your better of asking how to be a millionaire..

Find some one else's glass.

...more likely to be made a monkey out off.

Kiro
03-31-2016, 09:09 PM
you could learn how something from learning how to be a sage

Smoke
03-31-2016, 09:41 PM
And you could learn something about forum rules with your avatar - what's with you kids these days? You're all so up your own anus' it's hard to hear anything of real substance.

This forum used to be a place I used to love - but with your games and spam, this forum has become an Islamic joke - ON US.

You're in need to humility, and i'm the man to dish it out.

Sage... you couldn't recognise one if he slapped you in the face with a wet salmon. Speak to me of sage again, and the only context I can apply it in is the herbal one - you're not ready for any other kind, sadly.

Scimi
Why do u think he needs humility when he created a thread asking for wisdom ^o)

noraina
03-31-2016, 09:47 PM
SubhanAllah, brothers and sisters, whilst I find your debate amusing why don't we just relax and discuss perhaps the 'herbal sage' and how delicious it tastes on pizza.

Savvy? (reminds me far too much of Jack Sparrow) :statisfie

Smoke
03-31-2016, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
SubhanAllah, brothers and sisters, whilst I find your debate amusing why don't we just relax and discuss perhaps the 'herbal sage' and how delicious it tastes on pizza.

i prefer basil tho

Kiro
03-31-2016, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Smoke
Hes toodly dooing - whatever that is
It seems the brother doesn't want to learn how to be wise. Or be reminded how to be or be of a wise thing.

Smoke
03-31-2016, 09:52 PM
It seems the brother doesn't want to learn how to be wise. Or be reminded how to be or be of a wise thing.
I think you're right Kiro.

Scimitar
03-31-2016, 09:56 PM

He was a Muslim too you know?

"Go tell the King of England, Go tell him this from me - if he reign King o'er all the land, I shall reign King at sea"

Scimi

noraina
03-31-2016, 09:57 PM
Did I not suggest relaxing? If you insist of being a sage, I assume the journey would involve cultivating patience and tranquility, no?

Wa Alaykum Assalam,

ardianto
03-31-2016, 10:16 PM
please tell me
Turn off your computer, go out from your room, and start live in society. In Shaa Allah, you will learn many wisdom.

Smoke
03-31-2016, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Turn off your computer, go out from your room, and start live in society. In Shaa Allah, you will learn many wisdom.
Lol why do u people underestimate Kiro - do u not know who he is and what his mind is capable of?

Scimitar
03-31-2016, 10:36 PM
lol, are you serious? or trolling kiro with sarcasm now? :D

Scimi

ardianto
03-31-2016, 10:55 PM
Lol why do u people underestimate Kiro - do u not know who he is and what his mind is capable of?
I do not underestimate Kiro. But I follow his threads, notice what he write. And I can recognize character of a youth who spend his time too much in front of computer and video games, and less socialize with society.

I myself 48 years old man, father of two sons. I have experienced many things, met many people, learned many wisdom, from my socialization in the society since I was young. That's why I suggest Kiro to have more socialization with people, so he can learn many things in life.

Kiro
03-31-2016, 10:56 PM
lol, are you serious? or trolling kiro with sarcasm now? :D

Scimi
Tell me how to be a sage bro.

Well I made this thread so the teacher (teaching me) is also the student at the same time. But society is just boring of malleable yet non-bodily form.

Did I not suggest relaxing? If you insist of being a sage, I assume the journey would involve cultivating patience and tranquility, no?

Wa Alaykum Assalam,
Teach me more please.

Scimitar
03-31-2016, 11:11 PM
Sages do not know they are sages, they do not entertain such thoughts. They live between the fear of disappointing Allah and the hope of earning HIS pleasure. That is simply all.

You made a thread for THIS?

Scimi

Kiro
03-31-2016, 11:15 PM
Sages do not know they are sages, they do not entertain such thoughts. They live between the fear of disappointing Allah and the hope of earning HIS pleasure. That is simply all.

You made a thread for THIS?

Scimi
Teach me more please.

Scimitar
03-31-2016, 11:22 PM
You're asking the wrong person. I'm not the one to ask.

Why don't you go here instead? https://islamqa.info/en <- this is the right place to ask questions, a forum is a good place to find links to interesting Islamic articles, videos, etc and the discussion that takes place from these, happens here on these forums.

All I can teach you, is how to do it right - go to Islam QA and ask a mufti there. That's where you'll get your answer if God wills.

Scimi

Kiro
03-31-2016, 11:24 PM
You're asking the wrong person. I'm not the one to ask.

Why don't you go here instead? https://islamqa.info/en <- this is the right place to ask questions, a forum is a good place to find links to interesting Islamic articles, videos, etc and the discussion that takes place from these, happens here on these forums.

All I can teach you, is how to do it right - go to Islam QA and ask a mufti there. That's where you'll get your answer if God wills.

Scimi
A sage isn't just how to be a knower of wisdom but a gatherer of wisdom, therein knowledge to collect with knowledge and wisdom being around us even if it is small mannerism.

Scimitar
03-31-2016, 11:38 PM
You're taking stabs in the dark and are totally whack out of context on the meaning of the very word (sage),

A sage (Ancient Greek: σοφός, sophos), in classical philosophy, is someone who has attained the wisdom which a philosopher seeks. The first to make this distinction is Plato, through the character of Socrates, within the Symposium. While analyzing the concept of love, Socrates concludes Love is that which lacks the object it seeks. Therefore, the philosopher (Ancient Greek: φιλόσοφος, meaning lover of wisdom) does not have the wisdom sought, while the sage, on the other hand, does not love or seek wisdom, for it is already possessed. Socrates then examines the two categories of persons who do not partake in philosophy:

1. Gods and sages, because they are wise;
  2. Senseless people, because they think they are wise.

You fall into the latter category, half the former doesn't exist.

Sicmi

Kiro
03-31-2016, 11:43 PM
You're taking stabs in the dark and are totally whack out of context on the meaning of the very word (sage),

A sage (Ancient Greek: σοφός, sophos), in classical philosophy, is someone who has attained the wisdom which a philosopher seeks. The first to make this distinction is Plato, through the character of Socrates, within the Symposium. While analyzing the concept of love, Socrates concludes Love is that which lacks the object it seeks. Therefore, the philosopher (Ancient Greek: φιλόσοφος, meaning lover of wisdom) does not have the wisdom sought, while the sage, on the other hand, does not love or seek wisdom, for it is already possessed. Socrates then examines the two categories of persons who do not partake in philosophy:

1. Gods and sages, because they are wise;
  2. Senseless people, because they think they are wise.

You fall into the latter category, half the former doesn't exist.

Sicmi
I don't think I am wise. I don't think of myself of anything so you can't categorize me.

Scimitar
03-31-2016, 11:46 PM

Scimi

Scimitar
04-01-2016, 12:05 AM
I do not underestimate Kiro. But I follow his threads, notice what he write. And I can recognize character of a youth who spend his time too much in front of computer and video games, and less socialize with society.... That's why I suggest Kiro to have more socialization with people, so he can learn many things in life.
I suggest he and smoke both not be let off their medication in future. :D

ardianto
04-01-2016, 12:09 AM
But society is just boring of malleable yet non-bodily form.
If you do not learn how to deal with society, how to deal with people, how to deal with life, ..... how can you be a sage?.

If you want to able to ride bicycle, you could not just read theory about riding bicycle, but you have to really ride bicycle. If you want to be a sage, you cannot just read theory about how to be a sage, but you must really get experience and see the life by yourself. Then you learn a wisdom from what you have experienced, what you have seen.

A sage was not created in classroom, but formed by ability to take wisdom from his life experiences.

:)

T L
04-01-2016, 12:17 AM
You kids gotta learn how to respect your elders, let alone wanting to become a 'sage'. Freakin idiots. Do you not understand the wisdom they're trying to teach you? Clearly you're all too far up your own arses. Pull out the plug and see the world for what it is. READ.

What kindof a question is that anyway? How do you be a sage? If you want an ego boost, go back to facebook.

Kiro
04-01-2016, 01:10 AM
Bro Ardi, you're wasting your time - the little man thinks a sage is something out of an anime series spoken in a language he doesn't understand :facepalm:
format_quote Originally Posted by erucysae
You kids gotta learn how to respect your elders, let alone wanting to become a 'sage'. Freakin idiots. Do you not understand the wisdom they're trying to teach you? Clearly you're all too far up your own arses. Pull out the plug and see the world for what it is. READ.

What kindof a question is that anyway? How do you be a sage? If you want an ego boost, go back to facebook.
Maybe you should respect your youngsters as I have not disrespected any of you elders. "the little man thinks a sage is something out of an anime series spoken in a language he doesn't understand" - isn't this presumptious? How about we follow the sunnah and try to show more kindness in our words and have manners.

The purpose of the thread was simply to share wisdom and take in knowledge, you shouldn't have taken the thread seriously and if I am far clearly too far in my butthole than maybe so as it extends internally in a biological speaking matter though I wish people stop using these phrases all together. 'Freakin idiots', Nabi SAW said that a Muslim is humble. You shouldn't insult others anyway to begin with.

Kiro
04-01-2016, 01:14 AM
If you do not learn how to deal with society, how to deal with people, how to deal with life, ..... how can you be a sage?.

If you want to able to ride bicycle, you could not just read theory about riding bicycle, but you have to really ride bicycle. If you want to be a sage, you cannot just read theory about how to be a sage, but you must really get experience and see the life by yourself. Then you learn a wisdom from what you have experienced, what you have seen.

A sage was not created in classroom, but formed by ability to take wisdom from his life experiences.

Thank you. Can you give me examples of life experiences perhaps?

MuslimInshallah
04-01-2016, 01:54 AM
Assalaamu alaikum Kiro,

(smile) I think your thread is a valid one, though I think it might have been better to have phrased the question a little differently. But I commend you for wanting to better yourself.

(smile) I think, though, if you want to seek wisdom, that it would be best to start off with asking Allah to grant you wisdom. (smile) For how else can you gain it, except through His Will?

(smile) Of course, this is the first step. And then what Ardianto says is wise... it is through living your life that Allah Gifts you with opportunities to learn. And what MIA says is also wise... for failing is a great part of learning... if you chose to learn the lessons that Allah is Offering you through your failures.

(smile) Live your life trying to be the best Muslim you can be... and, in sha Allah,... you will learn the lessons He Sends your way. (smile) And thus acquire a little wisdom... (smile) which you could share with us, maybe, inshAllah...?

May Allah, the Gentle, Forgive us for our many foolish choices, and Help us to find our way ever closer to Him.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 07:48 AM
I do not underestimate Kiro. But I follow his threads, notice what he write. And I can recognize character of a youth who spend his time too much in front of computer and video games, and less socialize with society.

I myself 48 years old man, father of two sons. I have experienced many things, met many people, learned many wisdom, from my socialization in the society since I was young. That's why I suggest Kiro to have more socialization with people, so he can learn many things in life.
He's very social when he wants to be though

do you let your kids on the computer? How old are they?

Kiro always has thought provoking threads

Smoke
04-01-2016, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by erucysae

He didn't disrespect anyone

this post however boy oh boy oh boy :heated:

~ Sabr ~
04-01-2016, 07:59 AM
This thread is meaningless interaction.
@farhan thread closed :ia:

Smoke
04-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Ok Kiro

I'll chip in my penny's worth

I think you have already come pretty far in your quest and excelled compared to a lot of others in your age group.

A lot of this comes from introspection and even the prophet saw used to retreat to his cave and occasionally remove himself from the constant hustle and bustle of society. Ardi has kids so we should listen to him cos he is most likely a lot wiser than a lot of us and I also agree with him. Good judgment comes from experience and experience usually comes from bad judgement.

You do have to go and live out in the world but at the same time I think it is a good thing you made this thread. The people can interpret it how they will but your thread could easily have been translated as what life lessons has everyone else learnt? It's wise you're trying to gain other people's insight into experiences you might not have been through because inshaAllah you won't have to make the same mistakes. Having said that your own mistakes will be most valuable.

There's a thin line. If you expose yourself, you are likely to make mistakes and it depends on how sensitive you are. Sometimes these mistakes can turn into a lot of regret and you can feel quite bitter as you reflect on why you made the mistake. If you are ok to this risk then go ahead. If it will scar you then personally I would avoid it. As a man however you have to don a heart of steel so maybe you will need to walk the dark path and come out stronger.

Observation is also key, you'll know the wise ones are usually the ones that remain quiet and take in all the information. They don't need to make a song and dance about it and are secure enough to not seek praise from others to increase their self worth. It's usually in the quiet ones you'll find a wealth of knowledge.

When I was young I would make a lot of dua for wisdom and firaasa (intuition) because these characteristics were ones that I admired. Your biggest source of wisdom will come from the Quran and studying it and reading tafsir and reflecting upon it. There is only One that is All Knowing so any knowledge we may have comes from one ultimate source, Allah swt.

[This is] a blessed Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that they might reflect upon its verses and that those of understanding would be reminded. [38:29]

Be like a traveller, not too attached to anything but at one with his surroundings.

Learn to always think well of Allah swt no matter what trial or test you face because one of the biggest things people struggle with is contentment. As humans it's in our nature to want more and more but learn contentment. Learn to trust your Lord with an open and unguarded heart thinking well of Him at all times. If you fail in something trust that you are being redirected to something more beneficial. If you do not acquire what your heart desires despite putting full efforts into it, trust something better is out there. Never, ever lose this as you'll find when people reach adulthood this is one of the things that starts to fade once people face the constant let downs/betrayals by people they once thought highly of.

If you don't understand something and you have exerted your efforts, let it humble you that Allah swt is Al Aleem Al Hakeem, the All Knowing the Most Wise.

So yeh Kiro I'm feeling sleepy so don't know what else to add buttttt soak it all in. And good thread :D

ardianto
04-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Thank you. Can you give me examples of life experiences perhaps?
In exactly, experiences in life.

Life of a sage actually is not so different than other people. But a sage has a willingness to learn from little thing that he experienced in daily life, and save it in his heart as a wisdom. In example, he meet a poor old woman who sell food beside a street. When he interact with her, he see that this old woman although poor is always grateful with what she get, and she look happy. It raise a consciousness in his heart that happiness is not coming from how much someone have, but from how able this someone be grateful with what he/she have. He save this lesson in his heart, and it makes him wise.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 03:00 PM
In exactly, experiences in life.

Life of a sage actually is not so different than other people. But a sage has a willingness to learn from little thing that he experienced in daily life, and save it in his heart as a wisdom. In example, he meet a poor old woman who sell food beside a street. When he interact with her, he see that this old woman although poor is always grateful with what she get, and she look happy. It raise a consciousness in his heart that happiness is not coming from how much someone have, but from how able this someone be grateful with what he/she have. He save this lesson in his heart, and it makes him wise.
yesssssss Ardi thatssss what I'm talking about - this is why we need wise older people

Smoke
04-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Why did my post get deleted?

ardianto
04-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Why did my post get deleted?
Your last post?. That's moved to page 3.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Your last post?. That's moved to page 3.
no where scumi said something about signing a gift card to my mum and I asked him why and then I got a pm saying the post was deleted and also when I asked Kiro to stop ignoring me - this was also deleted

why do u all hate me

ardianto
04-01-2016, 03:43 PM
no where scumi said something about signing a gift card to my mum and I asked him why and then I got a pm saying the post was deleted and also when I asked Kiro to stop ignoring me - this was also deleted

why do u all hate me
hmm, ..... I don't know why moderator deleted your posts. But if you want to discuss with moderator about it, you can make a private thread in Helpdesk section.

ardianto
04-01-2016, 03:44 PM
Bro Ardi, you're wasting your time - the little man thinks a sage is something out of an anime series spoken in a language he doesn't understand :facepalm:
When Kiro started this thread, indeed, I had assumption that he was talking about sage in Naruto. But learn from my experience, I decided to wait until Kiro explain what he meant with sage before I make a post.

My life experience teaches me that I should not too fast to make a conclusion, especially if that based just on assumption.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 03:47 PM
hmm, ..... I don't know why moderator deleted your posts. But if you want to discuss with moderator about it, you can make a private thread in Helpdesk section.
And face the hate on my own????! Ardiiiiiiii u can't leave ur Muslim sis out for the wolves like that :o

ardianto
04-01-2016, 04:02 PM
And face the hate on my own????! Ardiiiiiiii u can't leave ur Muslim sis out for the wolves like that :o
My sister, as Muslims we must clean up our hearts from suudzon (prejudice). So, do not make assumption that if your post being deleted, it's because moderator hate you. Moderators always have reason in deleting a post although they can make a mistake too, like when a moderator deleted my post due to assumption that I issued a fatwa without evidence.

If you sure you didn't do something wrong, don't be afraid to ask your right to get explanation.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 04:05 PM
My sister, as Muslims we must clean up our hearts from suudzon (prejudice). So, do not make assumption that if your post being deleted, it's because moderator hate you. Moderators always have reason in deleting a post although they can make a mistake too, like when a moderator deleted my post due to assumption that I issued a fatwa without evidence.

If you sure you didn't do something wrong, don't be afraid to ask your right to get explanation.

But but but.....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::phew:hmm:

i don't have a good experience when it comes to mods - they always hate me for some reason

Serinity
04-01-2016, 04:12 PM
As salamu alaikum

This is from your lil bro, Kiro chaan. Before you can become a sage, you must acknowledge your inner self, in order to flourish into a sage, you'll have to let the passion burn through your skin.. May Allah enlighten us. Ameen.

In Jannah, if we meet, In shaa' Allah, I will teach you what it means to be a sage.

And Allah knows best.

Muslim Woman
04-01-2016, 04:16 PM
:sl:

i don't have a good experience when it comes to mods - they always hate me for some reason

Dear sis , why should we hate u ? Think logically .

when i visited the thread from my mobile , it looks like OP does not need these posts ; also those are not useful for any of us . So , i deleted few. Now , I am again visiting this thread to see if more posts need to be vanished .

Help me / us . If u see any post unnecessary and inappropriate - not only here but in any thread , pl. report about it . We can not watch forum 24/7.

Jazakillah khair.

sister herb
04-01-2016, 04:22 PM

Follow the rules. Keep your posting in facts. Don´t write out of topic. No attacks against other members. No blather in serious discussions. That´s how you do well with moderators.

noraina
04-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Sis, the moderators certainly do not hate you, they want to make this forum a welcoming place where we can all learn something beneficial and not engage in idle chatter.

Hence try to stick to the topic, try to speak with more restraint if someone says something you disagree with, we are a diverse ummah Alhamdulillah with many opinions from our experiences with life, if you do this you'll get along fine inshaAllah.

Muslim Woman
04-01-2016, 04:34 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Follow the rules. Keep your posting in facts. Don´t write out of topic. No attacks against other members. No blather in serious discussions. That´s how you do well with moderators.
Jazakillah khair sis for reporting about the thread. If we don't get few good posts here , then Insha Allah it will be closed.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 04:38 PM
Omg whatever u lot are the rudest people I have ever met

Smoke
04-01-2016, 04:39 PM
U can't just delete whatever u feel like - mods always abuse there power in this sense - I don't get it?!?!?

Muslim Woman
04-01-2016, 04:46 PM

:astag:

noraina
04-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Sis Muslim Woman you haven't done anything wrong, and sister Smoke, please do not feel bad - you can always ask privately on the helpdesk why your posts were deleted?

Why do we just not close this thread, inshaAllah everyone can collect their thoughts and post elsewhere on a more pleasant note. Brother @farhan?

Muslim Woman
04-01-2016, 04:58 PM
:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!