/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is Zamzam water?

Kiro
04-01-2016, 01:58 AM
Please educate for those that do not know and it's benefit please.

Thank you @farhan :thumbsup:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~ Sabr ~
04-01-2016, 08:06 AM
:salamext:

A quick search on the forum :ia:

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...gs-zamzam.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/umrah-ha...-benefits.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...9-zam-zam.html

~ Sabr ~
04-01-2016, 08:18 AM
SubhaanAllaah, sometimes I really wonder how kids get to teenager age and not know this stuff....their parents must be really "unislamic".

May Allaah guide us all.....

Smoke
04-01-2016, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
SubhaanAllaah, sometimes I really wonder how kids get to teenager age and not know this stuff....their parents must be really "unislamic".

:hmm: Kinda judgemental

All good is from Allah swt and if we educate someone who's 15 or 35 it still helps. We don't know anything about anyone else's journey but let's be thankful for what we have.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
04-01-2016, 08:51 AM
Nah it's basic stuff. If you don't know this stuff by teens, Allaah help you...

Smoke
04-01-2016, 08:54 AM
May Allah swt protect your children now or in the future ameen

sister herb
04-01-2016, 12:50 PM
I agree but remember that here are also a lot of revert Muslims. Basic stuff is new for them and thats only natural. Reading and repeating some basic matters might be very useful to them.

crimsontide06
04-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Is it still ok now? http://www.greenprophet.com/2011/05/holy-water-unsafe/

BeTheChange
04-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Asalamualykum,

I've got a secret stash of zam zam water left. :outta:

Shushhh....

sister herb
04-01-2016, 04:41 PM
From that article:

"the water was poisonous, particularly if consumed regularly."

Also:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/o...religion.world

In generally, I would to be very careful before I believe what I am reading from the interenet (yep, everything is true, no conspiracies). This article:

http://www.thenewstribe.com/2015/04/...-saudi-police/

claims that houthi rebels have poisoned some bottles but who knows is it true or only part of propaganda campaing against or for something?

Asking from our good old google we can find several articles about this matter - as well few juicy conspiracy theories too. As there are several different "facts" and "options", its free to all to decide who we will believe and who don´t.

Well, I have drank one glass of it... :phew

AabiruSabeel
04-01-2016, 05:21 PM
:sl:

Those reports by foreign news agencies are false. Please see this report: http://www.arabnews.com/node/376786

strivingobserver98
04-01-2016, 05:48 PM
:sl:

Subhan Allah!

Scimitar
04-01-2016, 05:52 PM
It amazes me how ignorant today's youth are, even apostates have this knowledge but Muslim are left scratching their heads - absolutely stupid generation if you ask me.

Scimi

Smoke
04-01-2016, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
It amazes me how ignorant today's youth are, even apostates have this knowledge but Muslim are left scratching their heads - absolutely stupid generation if you ask me.

Scimi
Lol omg scumi stop making me laugh when I'm being moody - I've worked it out, this is just your persona

Kiro
04-01-2016, 05:59 PM

Scimi
There's nothing wrong with not knowing as we're all learning.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
There's nothing wrong with not knowing as we're all learning.
Most mature response here

Kiro u should make a forum

BeTheChange
04-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Come on brothers and sisters.

Isn't there a hadith that warns the people the further you are away from the generation of Prophet Muhammad SAW the lesser the knowledge will be... (Although this does not excuse us - faraz upon us all to learn).

Yes it may be hugely disappointing that some Muslims do not know the 'basics' but it may not be they fault.

What if they were never blessed with knowledgeable parents? What if they had no parents? What if they had no religious friends etc? What if, what if's....

Let us all help each other.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 06:28 PM
get a room you two :D
^o) Kiro is like my protégé

Alpha Dude
04-01-2016, 06:33 PM

Pride is a massive sin. All the knowledge and understanding you have in your life is not because of your own doing - it is because Allah has blessed you to know it, via the circumstances he has created in your life. So be thankful to Allah and don't judge others.

Smoke
04-01-2016, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Pride is a massive sin. All the knowledge and understanding you have in your life is not because of your own doing - it is because Allah has blessed you to know it, via the circumstances he has created in your life. So be thankful to Allah and don't judge others.
Yesssss brother cold of heart

BeTheChange
04-01-2016, 06:39 PM
So back to the topic

Salaah behind Maqaam (station of) Ibraaheem and Drinking of Zamzam water

After completing the seventh round, cover your right shoulder and head towards Maqaam Ibraaheem while reciting: Wattakhithoo min maqaami Ibraaheema musallaa (And take, [O believers], from the standing place of Ibraaheem a place of prayer.) (2:125). Then offer two raka’ah (units) of prayer behind Maqaam Ibraaheem, placing Maqaam Ibraaheem between yourself and the k’abah (even from a far distance) if possible. If you are unable to do this due to the rush or because it would cause inconvenience, then offer this salaah anywhere in the masjid. It is preferred to recite soorat al-Kaafiroon in the first raka’ah (after al-Faatihah) and al-Ikhlaas in the second (after al-Faatihah). Do not take long for this salaah thereby inconveniencing others.

Next, it is preferred to go towards the well of Zamzam and drink from it and pour some of it over the head. The Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) informed us that Zamzam is for what you drink it for; it is for nutrition as well as healing.Then go back to the black stone and kiss, touch or indicate towards it as during tawaaf if possible.

Source: https://www.kalamullah.com/hajj-guide19.html

azc
04-02-2016, 11:25 AM
http://www.thejamiat.co.za/index.php...ters&Itemid=57

~ Sabr ~
04-04-2016, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
No one is judging, but the end of the day, like I said, this is BASIC STUFF. You call yourself Muslim and don't know about Zam Zam? Really?!

Smoke
04-13-2016, 04:04 PM
No one is judging, but the end of the day, like I said, this is BASIC STUFF. You call yourself Muslim and don't know about Zam Zam? Really?!
Well it's not a pillar of Islam so whether they did or didn't have knowledge of it shouldn't really affect u

ramen-thelegend
04-13-2016, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Smoke
Well it's not a pillar of Islam so whether they did or didn't have knowledge of it shouldn't really affect u
yhasssss!

and i dont think that's basic stuff, i mean until a year back i hardly knew about it even though i was learning about islam. yup my parents are "unislamic" but all the books and everything else weren't(that i read to know more about islam).
please correct me if i'm wrong since you people here are better than me in every aspect of life but i think the basics is supposed to be pillars of islam and articles of faith and everything else quran or hadith commands us to do, to lead a pious life. i think zam zam here counts in attaining knowledge which is farz but there ain't one hadith or ayat that says its basic stuff..but again yeah that doesn't mean you ignore it..

could you tell me if i dont know this kind of basic stuff does that mean i'm UNISLAMIC? i wonder how much more do i not know:phew

anyways i learned lots here! thanks.

Kiro
04-13-2016, 05:28 PM
So what if it is basic stuff? Do you expect a lot of basic knowledge to be directed to everyone? Allah does what he wants.

Smoke
04-13-2016, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Meentajir
yhasssss!

and i dont think that's basic stuff, i mean until a year back i hardly knew about it even though i was learning about islam. yup my parents are "unislamic" but all the books and everything else weren't(that i read to know more about islam).
please correct me if i'm wrong since you people here are better than me in every aspect of life but i think the basics is supposed to be pillars of islam and articles of faith and everything else quran or hadith commands us to do, to lead a pious life. i think zam zam here counts in attaining knowledge which is farz but there ain't one hadith or ayat that says its basic stuff..but again yeah that doesn't mean you ignore it..

could you tell me if i dont know this kind of basic stuff does that mean i'm UNISLAMIC? i wonder how much more do i not know:phew

anyways i learned lots here! thanks.
well what a lovely and kind and honest person you are :statisfie

ur post made me smile - may Allah swt increase u in knowledge ameen

Snow
04-13-2016, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Meentajir
since you people here are better than me in every aspect of life
Why do you say that?
If you don't respect yourself, why should others do it?
You probably have some things where you shine at, compared to most.

ramen-thelegend
04-14-2016, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
Why do you say that?
If you don't respect yourself, why should others do it?
You probably have some things where you shine at, compared to most.
salam my brother in deen,
thanks for your concern.

i usually say something like that before talking about stuff i dont have full complete knowledge of. and i said that because you guys here sound alot more knowledgeable and ISLAMIC than me and a better muslim is a better person, isn't it?

i really dont understand how i can respect myself if other dont respect me. and for the record, i respect everyone. hmmmmm looks like my life is alot different than you people here. in short i'll tell you nobody respects me.

i dont an answer - that was just an explanation . lets not talk about respect here because it sounds something of very high standard and hard and unattainable for someone like me.
lets just go back to zam zam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.