/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Power Of Choice

BeTheChange
04-01-2016, 09:24 PM
The Power of Choice

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

The power of choice, a powerful yet emotional Jummah khutbah by Moutasem Al-Hameedi took place in Huddersfield, UK on 9/11/2012Moutasem Al-Hameedi has studied under the prominent students of Sheikh al-Albaani, including Sheikh Mashhoor Hasan (Hadeeth and Usool al-Fiqh), Sheikh Hussain al-Awaaysha (Fiqh and Manners), Shekih Abu Suhaib (Imaam at Wise Islamic Centre in the UK), Sheikh Ayman as-Saadiq (Arabic grammar and morphology) and Dr. Malik Sha'ban (Aqeedah, Tafseer).

His works in Da'wa include being an Imaam and lecturer at Ibn Taymiyyah Mosque (London, UK),being an Imaam and lecturer at Call to Islam Islamic Center (Luton, UK), lecturing at British universities and schools on Islam and hosting TV shows and lecture series on Huda TV

"If you dont change by choice. Shaytaan will change you by force!"
"Death is the end of choice".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
04-01-2016, 09:33 PM
So what does change by choice mean? Does that mean I start reading Quran more, by choice, try to concentrate more, more dhikr etc.?

BeTheChange
04-01-2016, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
So what does change by choice mean? Does that mean I start reading Quran more, by choice, try to concentrate more, more dhikr etc.?
Well the sheikh advises us to reflect and consciously change our ways before death brings an end to our choices.

We are gifted with many choices in this world and all choices can be split in two camps - the camp of good and the camp of evil.

The sheikh states "Don't be among the people who wake up when death takes them".

He also warns us "Don't let anyone make the decisions for you because YOU will face the consequences".

Our choices ultimately dictate our future and the sheikh is advising us to make good choices so yes reading more Quraan and more salaah and following the sunnah and all extra religious activity will help us in the long term in sha Allah.

Serinity
04-01-2016, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Well the sheikh advises us to reflect and consciously change our ways before death brings an end to our choices.

We are gifted with many choices in this world and all choices can be split in two camps - the camp of good and the camp of evil.

The sheikh states "Don't be among the people who wake up when death takes them".

He also warns us "Don't let anyone make the decisions for you because YOU will face the consequences".

Our choices ultimately dictate our future and the sheikh is advising us to make good choices so yes reading more Quraan and more salaah and following the sunnah and all extra religious activity will help us in the long term in sha Allah.
OK, JazakAllah khayr, I do have some OCD problems. :( May Allah heal me. Ameen.

Ps, much of the reason why people don't do what they say they want to do is laziness - so try to combat that - actually COMBAT IT!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
04-01-2016, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
OK, JazakAllah khayr, I do have some OCD problems. :( May Allah heal me. Ameen.

Ps, much of the reason why people don't do what they say they want to do is laziness - so try to combat that - actually COMBAT IT!
Ameen brother Ameen. Try not to let it control your life.

Yes, laziness again sadly, that is our choice. We have chosen to be lazy and chose procrastination over deen.

The more you give in to laziness the more it will take a hold on you so it's actually quite dangerous like many negative personality traits.

May Allah swt help us all make the right choices in our lives Ameen.

Serinity
04-02-2016, 05:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Ameen brother Ameen. Try not to let it control your life.

Yes, laziness again sadly, that is our choice. We have chosen to be lazy and chose procrastination over deen.

The more you give in to laziness the more it will take a hold on you so it's actually quite dangerous like many negative personality traits.

May Allah swt help us all make the right choices in our lives Ameen.
But Sometimes, when I do wudhu, and then pray, I pray, lets say Fajr. I always have the habit of praying 2 rakahs extra after Fard Fajr............... :/ Cuz I fear it won't be accepted. And then when I don't have wudhu on, I constantly think whether my prayer was accepted. ./ Why do I have to do the extra 2 rakahs? I did do them, but I always notice minor mistakes in my salah. Like sometimes, if I say Allahu akbar when I start the prayer, I sometimes say it again, cuz I feel I didn't say it completely. That kind of problems.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.