/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interfaith Dialogue

Tlish
04-01-2016, 10:16 PM
I have a question about interfaith dialogue.

Would you say that it is a positive thing for different religions to stand together in defense of good values?

In your opinion, would it be a positive experience for people of different faiths to gather together and learn about needs of their area and how to create personal and community changes?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LaSorcia
04-01-2016, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tlish
I have a question about interfaith dialogue.

Would you say that it is a positive thing for different religions to stand together in defense of good values?

In your opinion, would it be a positive experience for people of different faiths to gather together and learn about needs of their area and how to create personal and community changes?
For the most part, I would say yes! Being Christian, I know the most about Christianity, Judaism and Islam, so I can only speak about them really. I have come to understand that we all believe in the same, and only, God. The evil in this world tries to keep us from uniting together against the darkness. I firmly believe we need to focus on the things we have in common and build on that. There are some theological issues we will likely never resolve this side of Jannah, but why do we seem to always focus on that rather than all the things that we have in common?

There is so much pain and suffering in this world. People of the book NEED to unite and shine their light to do good and effective dawah! If believers have so much trouble getting along, how will we convince others that God is the only way?

ardianto
04-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Greeting and peace be with you, Tlish and LaSorcia.

Frankly, the term "interfaith dialogue" sound too formal for me. Maybe because I have been familiar with interfaith relationship since I was born.

I come from a family which some of my maternal relatives are Christians. When I was little kid I studied in Catholic kindergarten, then in Catholic elementary school in another city. Since I was little kid I already be friend with non-Muslims, and still be friend until now. We have done many things together, including doing naughtiness together. :D

Yes, I have good relationship with my non-Muslim relatives and friends. And it's happened naturally. That's why I feel the term "dialogue" in "interfaith dialogue" as too formal and tend to rigid, because it seem like good relationship between people from different faith cannot be happen naturally.

How can we build good relationship with people from different faiths?.

At first we have to know, that every religion recognizes two kind of relationship. Human and God relationship, and human and human relationship.

Human and God relationship is private area where people from different faith should not intervene. This is the area of worship. It's okay if we ask people from different faith about how do they worship. But we should not questioning like "Why you worship God like that?". And of course we should not intervene like "Don't you know that your way of worship is wrong?". The attitude that we must take in this area is "My religion is my business, your religion is your business".

While human and human relationship is the open area where people from different faiths can do something together. Do something good of course, like work together to help the needy people. This is the area where we can stand side by side.

If we have attitude which we can respect difference, if we are realize that difference should not become the reason to hate each other, In Shaa Allah (God Willing), good relationship between people from different faiths can be happen naturally without need a formal dialogue.

By the way, if we talk about interfaith relationship, I think it's better if we invite Mister @Eric H

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.