Muslim Woman
04-02-2016, 11:32 AM
:sl:

http://www.farhathashmi.com/quran/tajweed/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
04-02-2016, 02:32 PM
:wa:

Great resource for the sisters, :jz: for sharing.

Ummshareef
04-02-2016, 04:22 PM
:wa:

:jz: for sharing. She is a brilliant scholar. In sha'Allah I will use this site and encourage my daughter to as well.

Mehnaaz
04-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Walaikum As-salaam,

This is one of my favourite websites. :)

For sisters who are more comfortable with English, listen to Taimiyyah Zubair's Tafsir of the Quran. Here is the link: http://www.farhathashmi.com/english-...r/?giml-id=617

It is not in great detail. But it is a great beginning for someone who wants to know. I always turn it on when I am doing some chores in the kitchen or even when I'm out driving.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
04-02-2016, 07:15 PM
It's said that she's some weird views.

Mehnaaz
04-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Really?

I've been listening to Taimiyyah Zubair. She is Farhat Hashmi's daughter. I like her. Very simple, very persuasive.

Could you state some of the weird views that you referred to? *Curious*

Ummshareef
04-15-2016, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mehnaaz
Really?

I've been listening to Taimiyyah Zubair. She is Farhat Hashmi's daughter. I like her. Very simple, very persuasive.

Could you state some of the weird views that you referred to? *Curious*
Seems like no weird views have been forthcoming.

Hamza :)
04-15-2016, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
It's said that she's some weird views.
Even the Prophet sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam was called a majnoon (mad person).

Verify what you hear :)

azc
04-16-2016, 06:28 AM
@hamza
plz see it
http://clear-cutreality.blogspot.in/...-taqi.html?m=1

Hamza :)
04-16-2016, 06:46 AM
Some of the points mentioned there have an ikhtilaf amongst the scholars, even the pious predecessors.

Such as not praying qadha prayer if it was delayed intentionally

And I see @ZeeshanParvez 's comment on that site. Maybe he can shed some light too

azc
04-16-2016, 07:04 AM
@hamza

plz see it
http://www.central-mosque.com/index....dha-salah.html

ZeeshanParvez
04-17-2016, 12:17 AM
Not surprising. The Hanafis have an issue with her.

But then they, in the subcontinent, have always had an issue with anyone who does not follow their madhab.

It is only a madhab thing for them.

ZeeshanParvez
04-17-2016, 12:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
Some of the points mentioned there have an ikhtilaf amongst the scholars, even the pious predecessors.

Such as not praying qadha prayer if it was delayed intentionally

And I see @ZeeshanParvez 's comment on that site. Maybe he can shed some light too
What I will point out though is that not making up missed prayer is not something I agree with her on.

Second, saying that it is not permissible to follow a madhab is also something I do not agree on. But I believe here comment was probably taken out of context. What she probably promotes, which is correct, is ittibaa where you study fiqh with evidences and not just memorize the rules of a madhab.

But what has to be remembered is that given the fanatical behavior of the Hanafis in the subcontinent on the matter of Taqliid there has been a backlash from the other side which has gone to the other extreme.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.