/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My mother does not want me talking to younger people, but I have autism.....

Mustafa16
04-03-2016, 10:59 PM
I am 17, and in the 11th grade, and because I have autism, I have trouble relating to people my own age.....so when I go to my Turkish american cultural center/mosque, I always talk to the kids and teens who are younger than me....like this one boy in the 5th grade who is like a little brother to me....and this one girl in the 7th grade i told you all about in another thread, and today there was a girl in the 6th grade who said after chatting with me that she had heard bad things about me (gossip) but that she actually found me to be nice, and much nicer than many of her older brother's friends......I also chatted with the 7th grader, in front of her parents and my mom and her other friends....but after a while my mom grew less tolerant of me talking to them, and even the 7th grader's mom said ive talked to young girls too much and should try talking to older kids, who are boys.....and when I went to say hi to my former peer guy friend's dad, he was busy talking to someone, so I just talked to the 6th grader, which was when she said i was much nicer than her brother's friends...at that moment, my mom called me on my cell phone, and seeing me from far away, yelled at me for talking to a young girl...but here's the thing....I TRY talking to boys my age...but I have trouble relating...absolutely nothing happens and it is frustrating......but I can actually relate to younger teens and kids because i am somewhat immature.....i dont want to be without friends, but i also dont want to disobey my mother as it is major haram to dishonor one's mother...what should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mustafa16
04-03-2016, 11:00 PM
I had panic attacks several times due to my mother passing judgement....I have panic disorder....

Muslim Woman
04-04-2016, 05:47 AM
:sl:

what about talking to young boys ? It's better if we keep a safe distance from opposite gender - that's the Islamic view . So , instead of talking to girls , find boys . May Allah gives u shefa and grants what is best .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.